Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 10:51 pm

The bible is filled with the killings of God. In fact he killed more people than satan. Satan only killed because of a bet with God.

In my opinion God is far worse than Hitler,Stalin or any other person in history that has done unforgivable deeds.
God is just plain sick and hardly anything in the bible is moral in my book. Lot offered his own daughters to be rapped in place of angels. WTF?

God is possible the worst villan in all mythology. What sort of sick spirit would allow his own damn son to be tortured and killed?
Christians will try to justify this but the truth is they can't. Oh, and christian mythology was stolen from pagans,egyptions,persians,greeks and nealy every other ancient philosophy. In other words it's stolen.

I personally think the world will be better without worshipping a God that committed genocide and killed more people than the devil.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 10:57 pm

Actually your quarrel should be with Jews and not with Christians.

Christian views God through the new testament. A new convenient with God that will not involve God showing his hand, but having people to come to him.

And if you look at the text in Job, Satan is powerless without a warrant from God.

The one thing you usually will see though, is those who God kills were sinning.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 11:25 pm

God created us all. And he designed us all to be mortal. Thus he is the perp who takes all of our lives. So does that make us all God's 'murder victims'?

I dont know. Just askin.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 11:30 pm

If such a being as the Christian god actually existed, the last thing it would be worthy of is worship.

NAKnight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2012, 11:33 pm

Quote:
I personally think the world will be better without worshipping a God that committed genocide and killed more people than the devil.

Or a God that agreed with you?

God is just plain sick and hardly anything in the bible is moral in my book

I would like to read "your book"

Quote:
Oh, and christian mythology was stolen from pagans,egyptions,persians,greeks and nealy every other ancient philosophy.

Many religions have good moral teachings, but any religion that gives temporal benefits without ultimately leading us to the true God is treating the symptom and not the disease.

I'm not being confrontational by the way, I just like to see where your coming from.

Best Regards,

Jake

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 2:44 am

artrat wrote:
The bible is filled with the killings of God. In fact he killed more people than satan. Satan only killed because of a bet with God.

In my opinion God is far worse than Hitler,Stalin or any other person in history that has done unforgivable deeds.
God is just plain sick and hardly anything in the bible is moral in my book. Lot offered his own daughters to be rapped in place of angels. WTF?

God is possible the worst villan in all mythology. What sort of sick spirit would allow his own damn son to be tortured and killed?
Christians will try to justify this but the truth is they can't. Oh, and christian mythology was stolen from pagans,egyptions,persians,greeks and nealy every other ancient philosophy. In other words it's stolen.

The Calvinist version of God also has people born condemned to Hell before their very birth, so they are created to burn in Hell! Now that's an even worse villain!

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 4:23 am

As someone once said, "Show me the God you don't believe in, I probably won't believe in him either."

You're forming a strong opinion on just a handful of points (some factual, some not.) I suspect that much of this emotion of hate stems from somewhere else though - bad experience somewhere along the way?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 6:42 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:

Had the very young infants and toddlers of Sodom and Gemorrah sinned?

ruveyn

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 6:47 am

BlueMax wrote:
As someone once said, "Show me the God you don't believe in, I probably won't believe in him either."

You're forming a strong opinion on just a handful of points (some factual, some not.) I suspect that much of this emotion of hate stems from somewhere else though - bad experience somewhere along the way?

Bad experiences are actually good in the sense that they often help develop a more proper judgement of what people and deities (real or not) do.

When you read about a person slaughtering babies, you'd be outraged and full of indignance against that person and his actions. But for some weird reason, believers tend to excuse such actions when it's their God who does it.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 7:02 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:

Christian views God through the new testament. A new convenient with God that will not involve God showing his hand, but having people to come to him.

And if you look at the text in Job, Satan is powerless without a warrant from God.

Don't forget Islam, aka Judgment Central.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 7:39 am

MCalavera wrote:
But for some weird reason, believers tend to excuse such actions when it's their God who does it.

Of course they do. It's god, for god's sake! What are they gonna do, tell god he's wrong?

Which is the whole problem with organized religion in the first place. Anything, anything at all, that god does is justified by the simple fact that it was god that did it. So anything done in his name by his special pals, who just happen to be the only ones out there who know his will (and don't get me started on the absolutely astounding arrogance it takes to believe that in the first place), must also be justified.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 7:45 am

thewhitrbbit wrote:

Same god, bro. Quarrel isn't with the christians, it's with their god. Christians may believe god started offering people a new and better deal around AD 33, but it doesn't wipe out the atrocities committed by him in the BC era.

Of course that's only speaking as though I accept the existence of such a being.

LizNY
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Dec 2012, 1:14 pm

Is god a killer or are we talking about mythology? Actual lives ended or stories passed from generation to generation with the intent to influence people's thoughts and actions?

With all of the suffering within our individual daily lives and the extreme instances of abuse, torture, and seemingly unjustified deaths; god must view suffering differently. Myths are myths and stories are stories but does any of this stuff make sense in actual people's lives? Perhaps justice and fairness is human created due to our desire to hav control to prevent bad things and bring about good things. This contributes to our feelings of safety when the reality is bad things happen to good people and when it hits our own lives we spend forever trying to make sense out of something that is nonsensical.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 1:29 pm

god is as man made him.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 1:54 pm

Lets assume that God exists. And he is the creator.

And therefore he created humans.

Since humans are mortal then God must have purposely built us to be that way.

So you dont have look at soddom and gomorah.

Everyone who dies peacefully of old age is god's 'murder victim' because they are dying by god's design.

So declaring that "God is murderer" is silly because its a tautology.
Any creator of the world as we know it would have to have created mortality ( ie created death, ie been a murderer).
Whether God did violent things in the bible or not is irrelevent.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2012, 2:36 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Since humans are mortal then God must have purposely built us to be that way.

We could have been an unintended consequence or a botched outcome.

You assume God makes no mistakes. Why?

ruveyn