Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 9:46 pm

If the Bible says the poor are not entitled to free phones then why does the Bible say the poor are entitled to free land?

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 9:57 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
If the Bible says the poor are not entitled to free phones then why does the Bible say the poor are entitled to free land?

The bible says nothing about phones. Phones did not exist when it any of it was written. Where are you getting the idea that it does?

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:12 pm

The religious right thinks that if the poor are entitled to free phones then it would have been mentioned in the Bible.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:43 pm

Someone should photo - chop the statue of Liberty holding an Obama phone. :lol:
I only get 60 free mnts a month,I have it with me when I go to town.I'm an hours drive to a hospital or Mal Wart(that is a deliberate typo.)
I'm almost 50 so it's nice to have it with me if I need help.I'm very grateful for it.

Only 6% of the budget goes to "free phones",Health amd Human Services
60% to Dept of Defense,war,nuclear weapons
Source:www.OneMinuteForPeace.org
Yes the poor are sucking America dry :roll: :
Looks like the military has the hind tit to me. :wink:

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:46 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
The religious right thinks that if the poor are entitled to free phones then it would have been mentioned in the Bible.

ummm. Nonsense.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 11:07 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

Where does it say that. What the TNKH says is that the poor are free to glean from the corners of the fields owned by others. Farmers who own the land are forbidden to harvest the grain all the way to the corners of their fields. The corners are for the poor and landless.

ruveyn

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 11:20 pm

There is no such thing as an "obama phone". This program existed before he became president.

It's so poor people are able to do things like attempt to find a job or call for emergency services in case of an emergency. My disabled aunt has one and has for years. Otherwise she wouldn't have a phone at all. I actually could use one right now and am probably eligible for one but my mother pays for mine so I don't need to get it. My cell phone broke today and I need it to do things like get rides back from my numerous doctor visits.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 9:17 am

Issuing phones that are programmed to allow emergency outbound calls (911, medical help etc) is actually a good idea. A lot of lives could be saved that way.

ruveyn

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 10:15 am

Land in ancient Israel was divided according to tribes and further divided according to lottery without any respect towards wealth. Land was further divided according to inheritance. Therefore the concept of a landless peasant was impossible with the exception of it being a temporary state.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 1:43 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNG068z9FYk[/youtube] 8)

I prefer this one...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-2i71bqGw[/youtube]

Especially the "Every time I see you on the commercials I wanna go through the TV set!" part. Turn off the television and disconnect the phone is a good strategy before any election.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 2:34 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Land in ancient Israel was divided according to tribes and further divided according to lottery without any respect towards wealth. Land was further divided according to inheritance. Therefore the concept of a landless peasant was impossible with the exception of it being a temporary state.

Not true. A farmer with some years of bad crops would sometimes sell himself into indentured servitude to make ends meet. Such servitude had to be terminated in the year of the schmeetah or freeing which could be for no more than seven years. Also if the farmer sold the land which he could, it was no longer his, but at the end of fifty years in the Yovayl (Jubilee) the land would revert to the family so whoever the farmers descendent was could get the land back.

ruveyn

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 2:38 pm

marshall wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNG068z9FYk[/youtube] 8)

I prefer this one...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-2i71bqGw[/youtube]

Especially the "Every time I see you on the commercials I wanna go through the TV set!" part. Turn off the television and disconnect the phone is a good strategy before any election.
THAT.........IS......AWESOME!! !! ! :wtg: :dj:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 2:40 pm

^^^^^^^^
I'm still giggling :lol:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 2:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Then let there be jobs. In inner cities, there isn't nearly enough employment opportunities, and the people lack vehicular means of seeking employment outside their neighborhoods. On top of that, so called job creators outsource work to cheaper job markets under the pretext that Americans want too much pay and benefits - the very nerve of the workers! Bring back jobs and the opportunity to find a job, then we can seriously talk about people buying their own cell phones.
And that doesn't even address people on disability who are often parents, or have other loved ones they are concerned about.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

If American workers were permitted to work for 200 rupees a week like in India they would have all the jobs they wanted.

American labor has priced itself out of the market has been priced out by the government with their infernal minimum wage rules.

Anything will sell if the price is right, including American labor.

ruveyn

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 3:22 pm

if Americans worked for a dollar and hour nobody could afford to buy anything and that would cause unemployment.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 9:19 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
THAT.........IS......AWESOME!! !! ! :wtg: :dj:

I like this one too...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AZNb-UpwNU[/youtube]