Page 4 of 26 [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 47,955
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

14 Dec 2012, 5:59 pm

Disraeli wrote:
It is being confirmed that Adam Lanza (the shooter) suffers from Asperger's syndrome. What do you think the media fallout from this tragedy surrounding asperger's will be in the media?

You're going to hear a lot in the media about Asperger's and a lack of empathy and whether Asperger's was responsible for this shooting.


s**t, that's all any of us need.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



FunnyFaceKing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 48
Location: New Jersey, USA

14 Dec 2012, 6:05 pm

poor ryan

his mother killed by his brother today, and every nutjob with a facebook account wants him dead


_________________
"Nothing becomes funny by being labeled so." -Strunk & White's "Elements of Style"


J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 669

14 Dec 2012, 6:05 pm

MrXxx wrote:
And if he was not, what alternative explanation makes more sense?


There could be a wide array of social, economical, parental, educational issues that could contribute to the decisions the gunman made.
Funnily enough, Aspergers get pulled out of the hat instead, a complex, generally misunderstood disorder that generally doesn't lead to these type of events.



OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Age: 60
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,447
Location: About 50 miles past the middle of nowhere

14 Dec 2012, 6:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Disraeli wrote:
It is being confirmed that Adam Lanza (the shooter) suffers from Asperger's syndrome. What do you think the media fallout from this tragedy surrounding asperger's will be in the media?

You're going to hear a lot in the media about Asperger's and a lack of empathy and whether Asperger's was responsible for this shooting.


sh**, that's all any of us need.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


AS wasn't responsible. I have wanted to shoot a s**t ton of people, but haven't.


_________________
I'm giving it another shot. We will see.
My forum is still there and everyone is welcome to come join as well. There is a private women only subforum there if anyone is interested. Also, there is no CAPTCHA. ;-)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com


MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2010
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,760
Location: New England

14 Dec 2012, 6:12 pm

J-Greens wrote:
MrXxx wrote:
And if he was not, what alternative explanation makes more sense?


There could be a wide array of social, economical, parental, educational issues that could contribute to the decisions the gunman made.
Funnily enough, Aspergers get pulled out of the hat instead, a complex, generally misunderstood disorder that generally doesn't lead to these type of events.


According to ABC, it's coming from his brother's own statements. Not out of a hat.

I'm still waiting for firm confirmation however.

Still, do you really think anyone could do this if they did not have mental issues? Seriously?

I'm not discounting many other factors that can contribute and even cause some mental illnesses, but yeah, I think it's rather reasonable to think that he was unbalanced, whatever the causes or illnesses.


_________________
I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...


PhagitaChingita
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2012
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 41

14 Dec 2012, 6:16 pm

I feel incredibly bad for the children but also the teachers that lost their lives because one of them probably took a bullet for on of those kids.

I can't even think about gun control right now or what to do for the families because there's nothing I can do. It won't bring their children back. I think the part that bugs me the most was that it was mostly kindergarten children and right around the holidays.



KenM
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,491
Location: Mass. USA

14 Dec 2012, 6:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Disraeli wrote:
It is being confirmed that Adam Lanza (the shooter) suffers from Asperger's syndrome. What do you think the media fallout from this tragedy surrounding asperger's will be in the media?

You're going to hear a lot in the media about Asperger's and a lack of empathy and whether Asperger's was responsible for this shooting.


sh**, that's all any of us need.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


I am really sick and tired of NTs using the media to streotype people with AS. This will just make people think all people with AS are like the shooter.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Dec 2012, 6:19 pm

The shooters diagnosis should show people the danger of leaping to conclusions when it comes to guns, people can just as easily do the same with AS. This man is responsible for his own actions.

RIP all those that have died today.



MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2010
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,760
Location: New England

14 Dec 2012, 6:24 pm

MrXxx wrote:
J-Greens wrote:
MrXxx wrote:
And if he was not, what alternative explanation makes more sense?


There could be a wide array of social, economical, parental, educational issues that could contribute to the decisions the gunman made.
Funnily enough, Aspergers get pulled out of the hat instead, a complex, generally misunderstood disorder that generally doesn't lead to these type of events.


According to ABC, it's coming from his brother's own statements. Not out of a hat.

I'm still waiting for firm confirmation however.

Still, do you really think anyone could do this if they did not have mental issues? Seriously?

I'm not discounting many other factors that can contribute and even cause some mental illnesses, but yeah, I think it's rather reasonable to think that he was unbalanced, whatever the causes or illnesses.


CORRECTION!! !

Just goes to show. Check, check, and CHECK AGAIN!! ! The "source" saying ABC news reported him as having Aperger's turns out to be a BLOG that ISN'T ABC's.

Here is the ABC news live web page on the shooting, and the term Asperger appears NOWHERE on it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... -shooting/


_________________
I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...


MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2010
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,760
Location: New England

14 Dec 2012, 6:29 pm

Don't ya just LOVE internet rumors? Does anybody remember another time this exact same thing happened here? I can't recall if it was last year or the year before. Hysteria ensued over someone finding a web page that said some major network or other reported a shooter as being Aspie, and everybody went ballistic.

It turned out to be wrong then too.

this is the blog that apparently started the rumor, or it could have been a different one this one picked it up from, but the point is, it's not on the ABC news web site anywhere that I've been able to find.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... a-Asperger


_________________
I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,577
Location: Seattle-ish

14 Dec 2012, 6:32 pm

Uggh, that didn't take long to get politicized. Anyways, as this is the News forum, anyone wishing to discus the Politics going on around this tragedy should probably come down PPR, where we've already got several threads going.


_________________
Your boos mean nothing, I've seen what makes you cheer.

- Rick Sanchez


Ooccoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 73
Location: South Wales

14 Dec 2012, 6:33 pm

It WAS on the ABC website, I remember distinctly seeing it, but it appears to have been taken down


_________________
Kaze o ukete tatsu kewashii gake de wa
Jibun no yowasa bakari ga mieru ne


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,577
Location: Seattle-ish

14 Dec 2012, 6:35 pm

MrXxx wrote:
Don't ya just LOVE internet rumors?


Yep, like that one about the Aurora shooter being a Tea Party leader. I'd say "you'd think people would learn", but I no longer think that.


_________________
Your boos mean nothing, I've seen what makes you cheer.

- Rick Sanchez


MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2010
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,760
Location: New England

14 Dec 2012, 6:36 pm

Ooccoo wrote:
It WAS on the ABC website, I remember distinctly seeing it, but it appears to have been taken down


Could be. Perhaps it wasn't substantiated yet?

Same rumor circulated about the Aurora shooter too Dox.


_________________
I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...


Ooccoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 73
Location: South Wales

14 Dec 2012, 6:37 pm

MrXxx wrote:
Ooccoo wrote:
It WAS on the ABC website, I remember distinctly seeing it, but it appears to have been taken down


Could be. Perhaps it wasn't substantiated yet?


Most likely reason.


_________________
Kaze o ukete tatsu kewashii gake de wa
Jibun no yowasa bakari ga mieru ne


lmevans
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 1 Oct 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 22
Location: Montana

14 Dec 2012, 6:38 pm

So I was watching ABC when they said that the shooter had AS based on what a neighbor said. ABC did also report it on their website but has since retracted the article.


I am a mom of two and I just can not imagine the pain these parents are in, but also the families of the teachers that were killed. There is way to much of this happening lately and I don't blame guns, but a lack of morality in America.