Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 8:25 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Well that is exactly what I am arguing. If a man gave me permission to sleep with his wife I would be effectively turning over all my property to his estate . I would be effectively responsible for him his wife and his children and I could not hold any portion to myself which is greater than my subsistence. But if I later gave that man permission to sleep with my wife he would have to turn over his estate to me. At that point both of our estates would become common property.

So....rich guys shouldnt wife-swap with poor guys?

WTF is your point?

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 8:50 pm

Not if they want to keep their wealth.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 3:03 pm

What really gets me is that if an angelic free love society were ever to exist in the future. And somehow they conquered the problems of war, poverty, disease, greed, hate, and created a heaven on Earth. That these unmarried angelic beings who truly loved one another would still be condemned as evil whore mongers that deserve eternal damnation simply because their morality does not fit in with the traditional morality of the noble savage.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 3:37 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
What really gets me is that if an angelic free love society were ever to exist in the future. And somehow they conquered the problems of war, poverty, disease, greed, hate, and created a heaven on Earth. That these unmarried angelic beings who truly loved one another would still be condemned as evil whore mongers that deserve eternal damnation simply because their morality does not fit in with the traditional morality of the noble savage.

I agree with you, mostly. I was noble savage once and part of me still is. I long to return to that state of perfection. It's not possible in our society.

Did you ever read Confessions by Jean-Jacques Rousseau?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 5:26 pm

androbot2084 wrote:

I cannot believe that people don't realize that you are joking. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
You are hilarious btw! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Brilliant!! !

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 9:30 pm

Conservatives probably won't be impressed if an angelic free love society is able to put an end to war because conservatives think peaceniks are cowards. But if a free love civilization is anything like Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World" then abortion will be obsolete simply because babies will be born in test tubes and hatched in artificial wombs. Accidental pregnancies will be transplanted to the artificial womb and children that are hatched will be the light burden of society as a whole since each child will have the equivalent of a thousand mothers and a thousand fathers who will love and care for them or the children will get to choose who their parents will be.

If the pro-life movement truly believes that the cries of the unborn children are reaching high heaven then it will be up to these so called "whore mongering angels" who do not believe in marriage to come down from heaven and offer up a solution to the crisis
since a solution based on the old testament traditional family values has so far been allusive.

Nevertheless conservatives will be opposed to this solution because it promotes sexual promiscuity and would rather have unborn children die than to reconsider the traditional family values. However this conservative attitude makes God the God of the dead rather than the living.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 9:37 pm

"IF" "IF" "IF"

Do you have any real evidence to support your subjunctive claims, or are you relying solely on your inability to present a coherent argument?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 9:41 pm

Now concerning the problem of sexually transmitted diseases I declare there will be no disease. This is because one will have to be a virgin to meet the prerequisites for entering an angelic free love society.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 9:44 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Now concerning the problem of sexually transmitted diseases I declare there will be no disease. This is because one will have to be a virgin to meet the prerequisites for entering an angelic free love society.

Pfft! Dream on! Even virgins get STDs.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 9:51 pm

Virginity is only one or the prerequisites. Also medical examinations will be required and the society will be a closed society in order to ,maintain a quarantine. People wishing to leave will not be allowed back in.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 9:56 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Virginity is only one or the prerequisites. Also medical examinations will be required and the society will be a closed society in order to ,maintain a quarantine. People wishing to leave will not be allowed back in.

And who would administer this "Utopian" realm of yours ... Dr. Mengele?

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 12:17 pm

Anyway concerning the Confessions of Jean. It would seam that conservatives think that traditional family values are the solution for climbing out of poverty. However in Jean's case his mother was dead and his father disowned him. I do not know why Jean was disowned but it is not unusual for a father to disown his son after his mother dies because the father then marries another woman and in order to be faithful to the new wicked woman the father must renounce his old family. All of this is done in the name of monogamy because in order to uphold the virtue of monogamy no sharing is allowed. Since remnants of the first marriage is considered evil serial polygamy the original family must be destroyed.

For Jean to start his own family in the traditional way would have required money or he could find a rich bride. Unfortunately rich people do not like to share their wealth.

you_are_what_you_is
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 11:46 am

In my opinion, pretty much all religions can be adapted to accommodate pretty much any behaviour.

Throughout history there have been a few Christian heretical movements that have practised "free love" - see the Brethren of the Free Spirit and the Ranters, for example (both of whom did indeed argue for millenarian revolution and who considered themselves to be above humanity, incapable of sin).

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 2:11 pm

One example is the 19th century Christian free love communist Oneida Community that became famous for its silverware. Ironically its founder thought that monogamous marriage had no place at the wedding supper of the Lamb and as a result their silverware can be found in many Christian homes.

I think the communities downfall was they tried to initiate children. Children should be taught abstinence until the age of consent so they can make a rational choice as to whether or not to pursue a monogamous marriage or a complex marriage. Also there should be no financial coercion involved and those that wish to opt out should receive a cash settlement equal to their share in the community.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 6:42 pm

Free love can, but I don't see this as one in the same with free sex.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 9:53 pm

By definition free love includes sex but done in a loving way rather than for pure recreation.