Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 2:21 am

Why do some people "magically" go away if they find out your not interested in sex or are a virgin? Im looking for a philosophical answer (so this doesnt necessarily belong in the Adult/Dating section).

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 11:29 am

Um...because they were interested in sex with you, and discovered their efforts would be wasted and want to cut their losses?

If not, I can't see why people who are interested in you platonically would care about your sexual habits. If you're discussing non-sexual topics with them, I don't see how your virginity or lack of interest would even come up,unless it's a special interest topic you harp on all the time--those always drive people away.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 12:19 pm

We all start out as a virgin. If every girl turned away a guy because he is a virgin, no one would get laid. I'm not even sure anyone would get married either. I'm even less sure about children.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

BlueAbyss
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2013, 1:16 pm

Philosophical? I'm not sure if this is, but I would say you should be glad they went away if that's all they're interested in, when you clearly want more out of a friendship or relationship than that. I feel sorry for people whose focus is only on sex. Life is about so much more than that. To me it's a very narrow focus for one to have in life, limiting, and in a sense unconscious, based more on instinct than on growing as a person and living consciously.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 2:04 pm

In keeping with the request for philosophical replies, I will suggest that these people are Hedonists rather than Epicureans.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 6:44 pm

I can understand a man cutting ties if he is interested in a relationship and you are not sexually available. But I'm not sure why a man would have a problem with you being a virgin. I thought this was a desirable thing for men.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm

Everytime I see these ? as a title I keep thinking im going to get a mushroom a fireflower or a star but instead its a coin!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList