Page 2 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 12:43 pm

Magic does not work when you try to sell it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 1:23 pm

TallyMan wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Evidence, please?

Can you meet the "James Randi Million-Dollar Challenge"?

I hear he's had a lot of what should have been winners, just that stuttered and stammered when they guessed it right and then chased them out arguing that there must have been some kind of conspiracy within his pool of help.

Evidence please.

This says lots about the fundamental problem:
http://www.skepdic.com/randi.html

Goal post shifting, needing to claim it all on increasingly cramped terms, and per one of the quotes refusing to take statistical analysis for evidence.

I didn't look long enough for cases where he's had his million dollar challenge won and then stuttered it out but then again I'm not sure I'd even post it here if I could as there's no way to quantify it and it really gets stuck in the he-said-she-said realm.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 2:35 pm

If everyone could use clairvoyance to win the lottery, there wouldn't be any point in having one. Maybe this is why the rules are different?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 8:16 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Evidence, please?

Can you meet the "James Randi Million-Dollar Challenge"?

I hear he's had a lot of what should have been winners, just that stuttered and stammered when they guessed it right and then chased them out arguing that there must have been some kind of conspiracy within his pool of help.

prove it

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 8:21 pm

what about clairnonsense, clairbullsh*t, clairstupidity, etc....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 8:28 pm

when the student is ready the master will appear

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 8:47 pm

slave wrote:
what about clairnonsense, clairbullsh*t, clairstupidity, etc....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

There are things that you'd probably find even more funny and foreign than that; research, investigation, due diligence, etc..

We don't have to worry about you ever doing that so its even.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 9:40 pm

Isn't there some kind of rule against a paradox involved and this is why you cannot use it to win the lottery? Lotteries would be impossible if people could use precognitions to figure out how to pick the winning numbers so therefore there is no such thing as precognition to win at gambling because then gambling would be impossible and would likely not exist. Makes sense to me.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:09 pm

^^^^^We will have to gamble the old fashioned way,card counting :lol:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:15 pm

^ I envy people who can do that :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:19 pm

^^^^^^Me too,I'm invited to a wedding in Vegas in May.Maybe I should practice :lol:

I doubt I go ,not a good place for sensory issues!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 10:28 pm

I once saw a Dateline show about these MIT guys who could do it and they won a lot of money then they got caught so only do it a couple times but do it big ;)

Tigrilla
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jan 2013, 10:50 pm

"Clairvoyance is a word I don't like, it has too much unnecessary things associated to it".

This is something I struggle with too. Archaic words like 'angel' bother me, I just call them 'Higher frequencies that don't incarnate and offer loving intervention'..aw who am I kidding! I call them angels because it is easier, but it evokes the wrong vibe for me. Same with 'past life', time isn't linear, so it's incorrect in a way on top of that. But we need to have a universally understood parlance or it gets impossible to talk at all.

Thats all I think 'clairvoyant' means, someone who through some means has a greater aptitude and more honed intuition for picking up more accurate details about something. But nothing about that is 'paranormal', nor is it even 'clairvoyant'. The person is just more intelligent and aware of a given subject matter.

I have to disagree here, there is nothing normal about clairvoyance compared to the limited ability to envision that some people have. It isn't intelligence, as I am probably not as intellectually gifted as some here. It is just having a relatively snag free energy field (or in the case of negative people with abilities..it's something else).

Much ancient spiritual knowledge in things like Raja Yoga or Occult Magick I could comprehend very easily, and make work very easily. I do not know if this has anything to do with autism. The only other person I've met in my life who could as easily make yogic technique and magick work was also an aspie, so maybe. Perhaps if more aspies explored the subject they would find something about them makes such things really easy to understand and make work.

Personally I do believe it to be the case that your abilities are partly connected to your ASD.
Did you ever see 'The Horse Boy'? It's a documentary about an autistic boy from the US who is taken to Mongolia to meet a shaman. The shaman says, "There's nothing wrong with the boy, he's one of us, that's all". He rides different frequencies with ease - the material world is harder.

" I would say that based on my first hand experiences with that I know without much shadow of a doubt that I am not a soul that typically incarnates on earth. I usually reside in a space and dimension that isn't even on a planet, and isn't even physical. I've only incarnated on earth a handful of times in the past, from the experiences I have been through I could discern I've been on earth only two times in prior incarnations. So the name 'wrong planet' of this forum also immediately stood out to me.

I am curious how you learned how to access your past lives/memories etc.? I know two people who were born without their memory clouded over, but it looks like a punishment to me! I am grateful I didn't know too much too early, lol. For me formal hypnotherapy school was really great, but modern shamanism study turned out to be 100 times for useful.

Tigrilla
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jan 2013, 10:56 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Isn't there some kind of rule against a paradox involved and this is why you cannot use it to win the lottery? Lotteries would be impossible if people could use precognitions to figure out how to pick the winning numbers so therefore there is no such thing as precognition to win at gambling because then gambling would be impossible and would likely not exist. Makes sense to me.

It is my understanding that angels etc. are completely uninterested in the material world, they are only concerned with your spiritual development. Money can be really counter that interest in spirituality.

NAKnight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2013, 11:07 pm

The closet I have ever got to "clairvoyance" is when I will "hear" a word in my mind, or a mental image will be projected in my mind and it will come true.
I feel it comes "on and off" subconsciously, I do it without realizing I'm doing it.

I think it could be my mind registering patterns in data and making assumptions and predictions and providing me a conclusion on that data before it actually proceeds to happen.. I will sometimes hear "words" in my mind, not like a schizophrenic, like one syllable words. Like "Red" out of nowhere and a red car will drive by, coincidence like that..

I believe In considering all sides for all intents and purpose and sake of an argument;

It could possibly be "God" or some temporal being communicating with me subconciously to protect/warn/encourage me.
The "Mental Image" could be a projection of what is to come or the result of an action I choose.
It could very well be the "End" to the means of a certain action I do.

Best Regards,

Jake

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 11:08 pm

Tigrilla wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

It is my understanding that angels etc. are completely uninterested in the material world, they are only concerned with your spiritual development. Money can be really counter that interest in spirituality.

Add the possibility that you'd essentially be trying to remote view a computer system that you don't know anything about the location of and read electronic data before such things happen.

What I noticed is that psy can tell people uncannily accurate things about what's happening right this minute or the state of an individual who's called and simply said "General reading", but where it starts crumbling is when you ask to be told your future. The suggestion seems to be that the future bears the question "Which probabilistic path?" which could be hundreds or thousands. The last part is an incredibly hard thing for me to wrap my head around as I'm still getting over Newtonian determinism but to understand time as an illusion brings an understanding of a much more loose network of cause and effect relationship.