Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Do you think that everything is merging right now?
Yeah, its creepy stuff. 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Yeah, but it's all good stuff so I'm psyched. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm on the fence. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, it looks convincing but no. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, this is all tin-foil hattery for nuts and theists. 86%  86%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 7

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 2:29 pm

As far as world events, news, theories, all the different ideologies, even science?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 6:29 pm

In what sense are things merging- or seem to be merging?

Can you give examples?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2013, 7:01 pm

World events, people's religious narratives, transhumanism and technology, etc. etc.. Its a bit like things are getting hot and starting to melt together. I say funnel because it all seems to be getting drawn toward an inevitable center of sorts.

Its really an offshoot of "Where Do You Think The World Is Headed?"
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt220093.html
Seeing a lot of agreement and curious if people wanted to talk more on it.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 9:46 am

I think there is a merge that is driven by technology. The ease of global travel and communication made a global economy possible. The internet made it possible for subcultures to connect at long distances and fosters subcultures (the concept of autistic culture would not exist without the internet). These things made our perception of the earth shrink.

However, I think the merge will be limited to a "stew", meaning it will stay as many separate parts that can interact with each other as never before but still remain separate. I don't think we are heading towards an ultimate merge of a One World Order sort or even a unifying culture. I don't see us heading towards a unified center. I see us heading towards an even more interlinked web of nodes which has no center.

Shizz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2013, 5:07 pm

I see it as an age of destruction that we are in. The apocalypse archetype is tied to the postmodern era we are now in. It's a cycle. I think the next phase will be like the puritanical age from the past. There will be a rebirth of law and order and people will become more structured and educated. After this phase which will last 30 years or so, then we'll head toward a revolution, then romanticism where we'll become more creative and idealistic again and have another growth spurt.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 5:27 pm

Looking at all the currencies and debt levels across the western world its as if someone's trying to foment complete and total financial collapse. Really strange circumstances might be with us sooner than we think.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 5:33 pm

I have faith in the future and believe a lot of it is media hype. I am not worried.