Page 5 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 9:45 pm

I wouldn't trust ecumenism very far. Distend the message, take what one wants out of context, and the way it guides your behavior and heuristic on life becomes a very different animal.

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2013, 10:30 pm

Trampling the wicked in eternal fire wouldn't exactly be the best idea, lest I was to get burned. (Don't kick them while they're down.)

Though about Satan...

A second resurrection for the wicked would take place because...

Revelation 19;21 ''And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.''

After the thousand years...

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20;7,8

''And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,''

''And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.''

Then...

'And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.''

It can be possible for Satan to be seen by all then.

And to clarify Ezekiel 28:17-18 is referring to Satan...

Ezekiel 28:13-16 ''Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.''

''Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.''

''Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.''

''By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.''

I do wonder about the king of Tyrus in Ezekiel 28;12 though. :?

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 10:59 pm

The king of Tyre reference is very confusing. It's not an easy book. It's really hard to deduce what exactly is the original intended context since the authors are now long dead.

The point is that whatever you choose to believe in as biblical, you'll find passages in the Bible to somehow support your view. But parsimony suggests that in the New Testament, hell is looked at as eternal suffering. That's all I'm trying to say.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 11:17 pm

MCalavera wrote:
The king of Tyre reference is very confusing. It's not an easy book. It's really hard to deduce what exactly is the original intended context since the authors are now long dead.

The point is that whatever you choose to believe in as biblical, you'll find passages in the Bible to somehow support your view. But parsimony suggests that in the New Testament, hell is looked at as eternal suffering. That's all I'm trying to say.

That's what I've always been raised with.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 12:31 am

Misslizard wrote:
"Hell is other people."
Jean-Paul Sartre

qft

goddog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2013, 3:38 am

I have to admit guys, I just read the first page of posts, and I have to say this:

Jeremiah 22:15-16 says......(Contemporary English Version)

15 More cedar in your palace
doesn’t make you a better king
than your father Josiah.
He always did right—
he gave justice to the poor
and was honest.
16 That’s what it means
to truly know me.
So he lived a comfortable life
and always had enough
to eat and drink.

My words now:

So......to truly know the Lord means to give justice to the poor, and to be honest.....

Just be nice to people, GIVE to others......and this is how the Lord wants us to live.....

If hell exists or not, if God exists or not......

It seems to me, the best thing you can do in life is ------

GIVE to the needy.......SERVE others......be SELFLESS

Thank you, God bless you, in Jesus : )

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jan 2013, 6:08 am

MCalavera wrote:

Well, I guess what I think is that in Revelations, he was using familiar tongue as to how they were suffering. I can see why you think that.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 6:15 am

goddog wrote:

So......to truly know the Lord means to give justice to the poor, and to be honest.....

Just be nice to people, GIVE to others......and this is how the Lord wants us to live.....

can I have some money please?

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 8:03 am

Surfman wrote:
goddog wrote:

He probably went internet-broke the moment you said that. :roll:

goddog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2013, 3:00 pm

Surfman wrote:
goddog wrote:

Brother, if you needed money I would be the first to give it to you brother!
instead, I will pray for you that God in Jesus will totally totally totally make your
life awesome from this day forward!! !! !! !! YES!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

goddog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2013, 3:01 pm

Venger wrote:
Surfman wrote:
goddog wrote:

I went totally into encouragement and prayer mode ! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! : )

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 3:20 pm

goddog wrote:
Venger wrote:
Surfman wrote:
goddog wrote:
So......to truly know the Lord means to give justice to the poor, and to be honest... Just be nice to people, GIVE to others......and this is how the Lord wants us to live... If hell exists or not, if God exists or not... It seems to me, the best thing you can do in life is - GIVE to the needy.......SERVE others......be SELFLESS Thank you, God bless you, in Jesus : )

Not surprising ... ask some Christians for spare change and they start mumbling at the sky.

Bum: "Help ... me ... please ... uhhn ..."

Mike: "Oh, you poor thing! Be of good cheer! The Day of the Lord is at hand!"

Dave: "I think he needs a doctor, Mike."

Mike: "All he really needs is a little encouragement in the Name of our Lord!"

Dave: "Uh, Mike? Maybe we should call 911 ... ?"

Mike: "Great idea! I'll bet those paramedics would love to hear the Good News, too!"

:wall:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ColdDish
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2013, 8:57 pm

It's fun how many wounded non-theists go around saying that they feel persecuted by the mention of a hell. Who is honestly forcing you to listen to the entire thing? Your Mom? Your boss?

goddog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2013, 11:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
goddog wrote:
Venger wrote:
Surfman wrote:
goddog wrote:
So......to truly know the Lord means to give justice to the poor, and to be honest... Just be nice to people, GIVE to others......and this is how the Lord wants us to live... If hell exists or not, if God exists or not... It seems to me, the best thing you can do in life is - GIVE to the needy.......SERVE others......be SELFLESS Thank you, God bless you, in Jesus : )

Not surprising ... ask some Christians for spare change and they start mumbling at the sky.

Mike: "Great idea! I'll bet those paramedics would love to hear the Good News, too!"

I pray to God in Jesus' name
in his mighty awesome holy name
to never pass up a chance to help someone in a practical way!! !! !! !! !! !! !!
yes God!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!
Yes!! !! !! !! !

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 12:42 am

ColdDish wrote:
It's fun how many wounded non-theists go around saying that they feel persecuted by the mention of a hell.

Who?

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 12:43 am

goddog wrote:
Fnord wrote:
goddog wrote:
Venger wrote:
Surfman wrote:
goddog wrote:

I pray to God in Jesus' name
in his mighty awesome holy name
to never pass up a chance to help someone in a practical way!! !! !! !! !! !! !!
yes God!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!
Yes!! !! !! !! !

Sell all you have and give to the poor. Have you done that already?