Mother confronts woman with "I had an abortion" sh

Page 1 of 11 [ 175 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

robo37
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 3:57 pm

"...why is it that men are afraid to speak up for their children as they drive their child’s mother to the abortion mill? Because society has spent the last 40 years telling them that the ultimate display of respect and equality to their female counterparts is the freedom and constitutional right that is killing her child at her simplest whim, as if she were having a tooth or a wart removed. Shut up and let me do what I want.

And going one step further, consider the utter selfishness of the question posed in this graphic. Why inconvenience yourself with a child? Kill it so you can continue your promiscuous lifestyle with no regrets. Tell me, please, the last time you heard a mother say she regretted keeping her child. Women do not regret the children they have; they regret the children they didn’t have.

And on top of that, mothers, did you know that you’re free of your parental responsibility once your child turns 18? WOW! It’s such a relief to know that when my youngest is 18 I will no longer be burdened and tormented by the absolute love and constant worry that envelops my heart for him. Upon their 18th birthday, I can end my relationship with each of my children and resume my wonderful and joyous life that I had without them. They’re on their own for college, so my husband and I can retire early. Really? I can’t imagine a day without them. I miss them when they’re at school, for crying out loud!

In my recent years of pro-life activism, I have been approached by dozens of post-abortive women. Some are ready to begin their healing process. Some don’t want to discuss their experience, but just want to say, “I’ve been there, too, and I appreciate your story.” Some want to know if their destructive behavior is normal. Some want to know if they’ll ever be forgiven. I have never, ever, ever been approached by a woman who said, “Having an abortion was the best decision of my life.” Or even, “My abortion was the right thing to do and I’m ok with it.”"

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/a-post ... on-t-shirt

So there you have it, it's not just us men and our apparent valueless opinions that find issues with legalising abortion, as some will lead you to believe. Yes there is a slight consensus towards pro-choice over pro-life amongst woman as goes for men as well but the same could be said about the slave trade at the time and that doesn't make it alright. I actually agree with the freedom of choice but only if it doesn't carry a harmful effect on a life of another, which is infact exactly what the law specifies when it comes to the likes of assault, theft and murder. It's only legal because the majority of these heartless biggots (i.e. feminists) think they deserve more rights than everyone else.

mercifullyfree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2013, 4:17 pm

Quote:
I have never, ever, ever been approached by a woman who said, “Having an abortion was the best decision of my life.” Or even, “My abortion was the right thing to do and I’m ok with it.”"

They know if they do this, they'll get spewed on with a bunch of misogynistic bile about them being "sluts" and "heartless murderers."

So, no thanks.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 4:22 pm

mercifullyfree wrote:
Quote:
I have never, ever, ever been approached by a woman who said, “Having an abortion was the best decision of my life.” Or even, “My abortion was the right thing to do and I’m ok with it.”"

They know if they do this, they'll get spewed on with a bunch of misogynistic bile about them being "sluts" and "heartless murderers."

So, no thanks.

Also, I've met women who've said such things to me.

Also, women regret having kids all the time - it's just very taboo to say so out loud.

robo37
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 4:29 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
mercifullyfree wrote:
Quote:

So, no thanks.

Also, women regret having kids all the time - it's just very taboo to say so out loud.

And if a woman said to her daughter "I wish you were aborted" would you be fine with that? How would you feel from the child's point of view?

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 4:33 pm

robo37 wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
mercifullyfree wrote:
Quote:

So, no thanks.

And if a woman said to her daughter "I wish you were aborted" would you be fine with that? How would you feel from the child's point of view?

She can't say that for obvious reasons, but she may think it.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 4:38 pm

Yeah, I see where you're coming from ... somewhat ... OP.

Abortion is one of those topics which I have a really hard time siding exactly with the liberals.

I'm not particularly conservative, however, in my view on abortion and can understand the necessity for it in a lot of cases.

I just hate how people just seem to abort for the hell of it.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 4:39 pm

Quote:
it rekindles my anger toward the “Women’s Liberation” movement that has so emasculated our men and destroyed our society with things like birth control and abortion on demand until a child’s day of birth.

We're "emasculated" by that?

There may be men who feel that siring as many children (both legitimate and illegitimate) as possible demonstrates their masculinity.

Otherwise, I think that the availability of birth control and abortion masculinates us more than not.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 4:41 pm

MCalavera wrote:
Yeah, I see where you're coming from ... somewhat ... OP.

Abortion is one of those topics which I have a really hard time siding exactly with the liberals.

I'm not particularly conservative, however, in my view on abortion and can understand the necessity for it in a lot of cases.

+1.

mercifullyfree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2013, 4:43 pm

In the animal kingdom, unwanted offspring are eaten or abandoned.

Humans are animals and don't act much different. Without birth control or abortion, unwanted offspring aren't generally eaten, but they may be neglected to death or done away with through infanticide, especially in times of extreme poverty. Another very common reaction is that all the bitterness is vented at the child through abuse.

The myth that women are all naturally nurturers who would suddenly realize that they do want children if they were forced to have one... or would always regret aborting one... is just that. A total myth.

robo37
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 4:53 pm

mercifullyfree wrote:
In the animal kingdom, unwanted offspring are eaten or abandoned.

Humans are animals and don't act much different.

In the animal kingdom, if an animal is looking for the potential to mate with something it will often just rape it.

mercifullyfree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2013, 4:57 pm

robo37 wrote:
In the animal kingdom, if an animal is looking for the potential to mate with something it will often just rape it.

AFAIK, animals generally wait until the female is in heat and looking to mate as well. When that happens, there are all kinds of fun rituals that the male goes through to impress the female so that she chooses him.

Can't say it never happens. Dolphins, for example. Dolphins are rapists!

And humans.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 5:11 pm

mercifullyfree wrote:
Dolphins are rapists!

Do they rape each other in the butt?

A lot of animals are rapists. Some of them call themselves human beings.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 5:12 pm

robo37 wrote:
"...why is it that men are afraid to speak up for their children as they drive their child’s mother to the abortion mill? Because society has spent the last 40 years telling them that the ultimate display of respect and equality to their female counterparts is the freedom and constitutional right that is killing her child at her simplest whim, as if she were having a tooth or a wart removed. Shut up and let me do what I want.

You are nothing but a coward, hiding behind rhetoric that permits you to belittle the experience of others--an experience that you are biologically incapable of experiencing--and then reducing it to absurdism.

The decision to terminate a pregnancy is never a simple whim. You are entirely lacking in compassion to characterize it so.

Quote:
And going one step further, consider the utter selfishness of the question posed in this graphic. Why inconvenience yourself with a child? Kill it so you can continue your promiscuous lifestyle with no regrets. Tell me, please, the last time you heard a mother say she regretted keeping her child. Women do not regret the children they have; they regret the children they didn’t have.

I know women who deeply regret the children that they had. I know women who have been forced into loveless marriages with the fathers of their unwanted children because they had no other economic choice. They were compelled to carry their pregnancies to term, and compelled by social pressures to keep their children. I have seen these women abused in those marriages, and I have seen children subjected to abuse from both parents because they believe that their lives were taken from them by reason of the pregnancy.

What you advocate is a prescription for misery and abuse.

Quote:
And on top of that, mothers, did you know that you’re free of your parental responsibility once your child turns 18? WOW! It’s such a relief to know that when my youngest is 18 I will no longer be burdened and tormented by the absolute love and constant worry that envelops my heart for him. Upon their 18th birthday, I can end my relationship with each of my children and resume my wonderful and joyous life that I had without them. They’re on their own for college, so my husband and I can retire early. Really? I can’t imagine a day without them. I miss them when they’re at school, for crying out loud!

If your previous viciousness were not offensive enough, now you descend into sarcasm.

Quote:
In my recent years of pro-life activism, I have been approached by dozens of post-abortive women. Some are ready to begin their healing process. Some don’t want to discuss their experience, but just want to say, “I’ve been there, too, and I appreciate your story.” Some want to know if their destructive behavior is normal. Some want to know if they’ll ever be forgiven. I have never, ever, ever been approached by a woman who said, “Having an abortion was the best decision of my life.” Or even, “My abortion was the right thing to do and I’m ok with it.”"

So there you have it, it's not just us men and our apparent valueless opinions that find issues with legalising abortion, as some will lead you to believe. Yes there is a slight consensus towards pro-choice over pro-life amongst woman as goes for men as well but the same could be said about the slave trade at the time and that doesn't make it alright. I actually agree with the freedom of choice but only if it doesn't carry a harmful effect on a life of another, which is infact exactly what the law specifies when it comes to the likes of assault, theft and murder. It's only legal because the majority of these heartless biggots (i.e. feminists) think they deserve more rights than everyone else.

And there we see it. You're not really angry about abortion. You're just using it as a convenient excuse to excoriate feminists. It seems to me that your cowardice is rooted in an unwillingness to abandon male privilege for fear that you will be obliged to compete on a level playing field with women.

You are, of course, free to hold any opinion you like for any reasons that you like. And you are free to share that opinion with anyone who wants to read it or listen to it. But do not expect that any critical thinker is going to waste more than two seconds looking right through your argument before seeing it for the tissue of cowardice that it is.

mercifullyfree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2013, 5:16 pm

Tequila wrote:
mercifullyfree wrote:
Dolphins are rapists!

Do they rape each other in the butt?

Blowhole.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 5:22 pm

MCalavera wrote:

I hate how people have children for the hell of it (but I don't propose to stop them).

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 5:27 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
I hate how people have children for the hell of it (but I don't propose to stop them).

What about people who have children who don't want them? A bit more responsibility would be good all round I think - oh, and perhaps more comfortable johnnies might help too. (i.e. Johnnies that are that comfortable that people won't want to have sex without them on.)