Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Cei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2013, 1:51 am

1) Racial equality. No one group of people is essentially superior or more deserving of rights than any other.

Agree.

3) Women deserve equal treatment under the law.

Agree.

5) It is potentially OK to have laws that enforce gender equality, although specific laws may not be acceptable.

Agree.

10) Polygamy should be legal

Agree.

11) Prostitution should be legal.

Disagree.

goddog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jan 2013, 3:51 am

yes........

either heaven is real, or it isn't.......

: )

God bless you in Jesus my creator and my God and friend!! !! !! !!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2013, 9:39 am

MadMonkey wrote:
----------> STRIKE 15) The people have the right to regulate industry however they see fit.
----------> STRIKE 16) We should be happy to pay taxes
----------> STRIKE 17) We should bring criminal charges against corrupt politicians

That's probably enough random statements to start. I wonder if any of them can survive even a few posts.

Edit: Lots of strikes, and several others are in question.[b]

Strike 15: not just any way. If regulation is arbitrary then no one's property is safe from the envious. There has to be a recognizable public good that justifies regulation and no more regulation than is necessary should be imposed.

Strike 16: I would rather put it this way. Some taxes are necessary for public safety and order. The underlying reason is that not all of the human race exercises due self control. Governments (and the taxes necessary to run them) exist because mankind is not Good. And that is nothing to be happy about. We do what we do because we have little other choice.

Strike 17: Absolutely. Political corruption is not only criminal it is Betrayal of the most basic sort. If regulatory power must be exerted let it conform to the highest ethical norms.

ruveyn