Florida firearm violence record low; concealed permits up

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 10:51 pm

Not quite a smoking gun for the gun lobby, but more guns are not resulting in more crime.

http://www.abc15.com//dpp/news/national/florida-firearm-violence-hits-record-low-concealed-gun-permits-up#ixzz2OZGZVWXw

NAPLES, FL - In the so-called Gunshine State, home to the most gun permits in the country, firearm violence has fallen to the lowest point on record.

As state and national legislators consider gun control laws in the wake of last month's Connecticut school shooting, Florida finds itself in a gun violence depression. The firearm-involved violent crime rate has dropped 33 percent between 2007 and 2011, while the number of issued concealed weapons permits rose nearly 90 percent during that time, state records show.....

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 11:14 am

Yep, the more people there are packing heat the greater the risk to the criminal.
If I'm an armed robber I'd much rather do a job in a state with very strict gun laws so I'll be less likely to run into opposition.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 4:17 pm

Raptor wrote:
Yep, the more people there are packing heat the greater the risk to the criminal.
If I'm an armed robber I'd much rather do a job in a state with very strict gun laws so I'll be less likely to run into opposition.

They must be moving to my area, where they can also expect minimal jail time or parole/probation supervision. The Sheriff regularly rants about the mix of a ruined correctional system, a bare bones law enforcement budget, and strict gun laws.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 4:25 pm

When you have a good climate for businesses, they will move to your area.
When you have a good climate for criminals....