Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 9:07 pm

That the level of discussion and the proportion of halfway serious religious talk has not risen.

Did I expect it?

Anyway, popped in to say: It's Friday - Sunday's coming.

Listen to it of you can find it - it is worth it.

Don't let the bunnies bite.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 6:22 am

If a human being rose from the dead after three whole days, his brain would be rotted out.

ruveyn

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 7:52 am

My first thought was the old saying,"I see said the blind man to his deaf daughter in the dark room".

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 7:25 pm

Misslizard wrote:
My first thought was the old saying,"I see said the blind man to his deaf daughter in the dark room".

Intriguing - my mother from whom to me never went beyond the blind man. Your fuller version is incredibly apropos. Thankee.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Mar 2013, 7:59 pm

ruveyn wrote:
If a human being rose from the dead after three whole days, his brain would be rotted out.

ruveyn

If he's successfully come back from the dead, I think that wouldn't be an issue.

Jesus wasn't suppose to be dead for three whole days- he died on Friday evening and wasn't in his tomb on Sunday morning.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2013, 8:17 pm

Philologos wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Intriguing - my mother from whom to me never went beyond the blind man. Your fuller version is incredibly apropos. Thankee.

Many variations:

"I see," said the blind man. "You lie," said the dumb man. "Quiet!" said the deaf man.

"So I see", said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw.

"I see", said the blind man to his deaf wife as he picked up his hammer and saw.

"I see", said the blind boy to his elderly deaf daughter over the broken telephone.

"I see", said the blind man to his deaf wife as their dog with no legs got up and ran away. Then he spit into the wind and said, "It all comes back to me now."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 1:19 am

And in your debt. Pity I can't tell my mother.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 10:11 am

And the old school yard ditty,

"Early one morning,late one night,two dead boys got up to fight.The deaf policeman heard the noise and came and shot those two dead boys.If you don't believe my stories true,ask the blind man he saw it too."

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2013, 2:23 am

Philologos wrote:
That the level of discussion and the proportion of halfway serious religious talk has not risen.

Did I expect it?

Anyway, popped in to say: It's Friday - Sunday's coming.

Listen to it of you can find it - it is worth it.

Don't let the bunnies bite.

Religion should not be given respect anyway, so it would only be for the sake of political correctness to have a serious religious talk with someone who actually adheres to religious nonsense.