Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 3:25 am

Sovereign wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Hard working white men? I resent that! :lol:

Hey, much better than being stereotyped as a crackhead, amongst other things. :D

Quote:
Trust me, I'm one of those "moochers" Romney bitched about, because my family has had to stretch out a hand from time to time for help. The gall for the poor to actually want to eat!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Pick yourself up by the bootstraps, Kraichgauer! This is America, we don't give no hand outs here! If you starve, it's because you just didn't work hard enough.

Compassion? What's that? :wink:

Compassion is that gooey feeling that bleeding heart liberals get when they see someone starving, and want to help. Nothing that a good, upright man of the right is going to feel!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 5:42 am

John_Browning wrote:
Where does the pursuit of justice end and a bunch of crackheads looking for an excuse to be handed money for their next fix begin?

Most of the people - usually women - who hand over money invariably look like they're handing it over to druggies and deadbeats. Perhaps they have a fetish for black druggies and deadbeats.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 5:44 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Compassion is that gooey feeling that bleeding heart liberals get when they see someone starving, and want to help. Nothing that a good, upright man of the right is going to feel!

Nice way of demonising the right there mate.

People on all parts of the political spectrum have compassion. The left seem to want more and more money handed over to undeserving cases, whereas the right wants to get people back on their own two feet (if possible).

Most people I know would be horrified by the idea of letting a man starve, regardless of political orientation.

Carry on with the smears, though.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 6:24 am

Right wing people give away their own money. Left wing people also give away right wing peoples money. Not so different after all...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 3:38 pm

Tequila wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Nice way of demonising the right there mate.

People on all parts of the political spectrum have compassion. The left seem to want more and more money handed over to undeserving cases, whereas the right wants to get people back on their own two feet (if possible).

Most people I know would be horrified by the idea of letting a man starve, regardless of political orientation.

Why thank you - - I aim to please! :twisted:
The trouble is, rationalizing who is really needy and who isn't, tends to leave many in need without help.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 4:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Who is gong to pay for your compassion? You or someone else?

If you want to help the needy with your own money, then good luck and more power to you.

Just keep your hands and swelling heart out of my pocket and bank account.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 4:16 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Who is gong to pay for your compassion? You or someone else?

If you want to help the needy with your own money, then good luck and more power to you.

Just keep your hands and swelling heart out of my pocket and bank account.

ruveyn

It's all of us in one way or another that pays for our collective swelling heart. Who knows, the day may come when you or someone you love may need the compassion of the nation when some unforeseen trouble arises.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2013, 5:33 pm

Tequila wrote:
The left seem to want more and more money handed over to undeserving cases, whereas the right wants to get people back on their own two feet (if possible).

I my experience, neither of those generalizations is correct.

Quote:

Physician, heal thyself!

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 6:02 am

It's not proper compassion you're giving someone else's money...

There *are* alternatives to a government safety net. I don't have quite such a low opinion of humanity that I think most of them need to be compelled to help each other by the threat of force. The government wasn't the first organisation to start dealing with social problems, there were already people working to solve them.

Maybe if people were allowed to keep more of their money rather than having it confiscated, they'd give more?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 6:15 am

Magneto wrote:
It's not proper compassion you're giving someone else's money...

There *are* alternatives to a government safety net. I don't have quite such a low opinion of humanity that I think most of them need to be compelled to help each other by the threat of force. The government wasn't the first organisation to start dealing with social problems, there were already people working to solve them.

Maybe if people were allowed to keep more of their money rather than having it confiscated, they'd give more?

Thing is though, prior to the government safety net, most people in need didn't get help, regardless of charities.
And what's wrong with compelling people to contribute through taxation to help those in need? The government compels citizens to pay for roads, police and fire protection, the armed forces, etc.

Tharja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2013, 6:33 am

Reparations, if they occur, should not only apply to people of African descent.

I am half-Cajun, and I know that Cajuns dealt with a similar situation.

Here's what I know:
*Cajuns were forced from their homes.
*Their property was destroyed.
*Some were enslaved.
*Many were sent to America on ships with deplorable conditions, and some died on those ships.

Basically, Cajuns were treated in a rather sh*tty manner, so they, along with other ethnic groups that suffered, should share in any reparations that happen (but I doubt that they'll happen).

Myers-Briggs personality: ISFJ

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 7:57 am

Reparations should apply to everyone. Let us all give ourselves our money.

As a part Native American (my paternal grandmother is somewhat descended from the Cree in Canada), I feel like I can cancel my white debt with my red credit.

Tharja, who enslaved you and seized your property? We already have something set up for that...

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 8:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
My wife's family is another story - on her mother's side had been southerners and slave owners. By this logic, my wife, and by extension, our daughter, are somehow guilty of something they personally had no hand in. If any jackass wants to send a bill to my wife and child to pay for reparations, I'll send it right back, empty of a check, and having been used as toilet paper.

I dont know why they should be guilty. If you find a credticard in your garden, that doesnt belong to you, you are not guilty that this creditcard is in your garden. You simply give it back, because it dont belong to you, but noones guilty about that.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 9:47 am

What if you find some gold coins in your garden from a few hundred years ago, and it's impossible to trace who the descendants of the previous owners are? I don't think it would be wrong to keep them.

This, my friends, is the reason for the existence of something called the Statute of Limitations...

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 10:11 am

As I already wrote, if its still possible to track the origin owner, give it back. If not, then not. But I dont see that someone was too blame. Its the same with the origin people of the USA. Noone of you is to blame, that your grandfathers wiped them out and created a holocaust on the owners of the land. But the land still exists, and its not about blaming, its simply about finding a way to share this country with the ones, that originally owned it. So you are born there and it is now your home, so are they and somehow the people living in a country should be able to share with themselfs. Nothing to blame about for noone. :)

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 10:36 am

My great grandmother was Native so...

GET OFF MY LAND!! !

Haha, I'm just joking everyone. 8)