Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 5:51 pm

trollcatman wrote:
CSBurks wrote:
I went to a school where even some of SCIENCE teaches questioned evolution.

I live in an a$$ backwards place where people actually ask: "So you think we came for monkeys? I don't feel like no monkey. Do you feel like a monkey?"

:evil:

"If we come from monkeys, then why are there still monkeys?"

Whenever I hear that argument, I think I can feel my melting brains running out of my ears.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 5:55 pm

CSBurks wrote:
I live in an a$$ backwards place where people actually ask: "So you think we came for monkeys? I don't feel like no monkey. Do you feel like a monkey?"

:evil:

You don't only get that asked in ass-backward places, trust me...

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2013, 5:58 pm

Almighty_CRJ wrote:
What I want to know is what religion has to do with the question of pointy teeth. Surely if God made dinosaurs that ate flesh, he'd give them sharp teeth like he gave the flesh eating sharks...

According to Genesis, animals only started eating each other after the Fall (not the punk band). If God gave animals pointy teeth when He created them, that he was probably just using foresight, he knew that Adam and Eve would f**k up and munch an apple. When He got annoyed with his creation for doing something He knew they were going to do anyway, he decided that making them eat meat was part of the punishment for some reason.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 2:17 am

ghoti wrote:
Supposedly from a private South Carolina school, but its authenticity is unknown.

It's totally believable. I grew up that way and was supplied with similar literature by my parents. I was out of private school by the time I got to doing any serious science because 25 years ago Christian schools were horrible about accommodating special needs...and they still aren't much better today!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

BeautifulTechno
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Apr 2013, 11:17 am

Had a good moment here. But I don't even get astonished by this, as some of my science teachers forced religion into our brains(even though the books pointed out to scientific facts).

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 2:39 pm

Too bad the dinosaurs didn't eat all the cavemen.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 3:00 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Why didn't you guys do that? :P

Were you really all vegetarian way back when?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 3:15 pm

CSBurks wrote:

Link

So good to see kids learnin' 8O

Wonderful, the "lying to children brigade" strikes. It amazes me, as well as angers me, how much creationists are willing to lie to children about science as well as screw science education in the process, all for their religion.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 3:18 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Religion brainwashing children into complete stupidity! great job! They should add in there the world is flat true or false! :lol:
According to the Book of Genesis the earth is flat. The four corners of the earth are mentioned.

Hmm ... maybe that's why they got the value of Pi wrong, too...

:chin:

The biblical pi = 3 is just a crude approximation. Close enough for government work. King Solomon's government.

ruveyn

I'm sure it was a good enough approximation at the time. Did the ancient Israelites even work with fractions? 3 probably would of been the approximation used for pi by a people that still only worked with whole numbers.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 3:40 pm

Jono wrote:
CSBurks wrote:

Link

Wonderful, the "lying to children brigade" strikes. It amazes me, as well as angers me, how much creationists are willing to lie to children about science as well as screw science education in the process, all for their religion.

Image being a kid that knows the right answers, but is more or less forced to give the wrong ones. Dinosaurs and early humans were my special interests as a kid, I would have failed this test.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 3:43 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

It was a mistake we have always regretted.It just didn't seem sporting to devour such puny creatures.And bovines taste better,more succulent.And there's always been a few vegans around. :lol:

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2013, 3:56 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Jono wrote:
CSBurks wrote:

Link

Image being a kid that knows the right answers, but is more or less forced to give the wrong ones. Dinosaurs and early humans were my special interests as a kid, I would have failed this test.

I was mostly interested in science in general as a kid. The fact that there were a lot of creationist teachers when I was still in primary school was one of the main reasons why I lost interest in religion entirely, even as a child. Though, there was never a school cariculum that taught evolution even when I was in high school, teachers normally taught creationism primary school as part of Bible class, usually telling us "this is true", "this is how it happened" and when I brought up evolution and that early humans looked closer to apes or "monkeys" as I used to say, they replied with "that doesn't 'look' like God, it's not in 'His' image". If I ever got a test, I probably would of slept on the desk and not even of answered any of the questions. I probably also would of complained about it to my parents when I got home.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 6:07 am

As a dinosaur expert and physical anthropology I would have failed that quiz and probably gotten kicked out of the class for lecturing the teacher and pulling out an actual college level text book on paleontology!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 8:37 am

Misslizard wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

It was a mistake we have always regretted.It just didn't seem sporting to devour such puny creatures.And bovines taste better,more succulent.And there's always been a few vegans around. :lol:

But in that other thread you let it slip- let it slip that now you reptoids are striking back with global warming!

Never thought about it before that thread- but I believe it!

By burning fossil fuels we humans are recreating the atmosphere that existed in mesosoic times- and thus recreating the reptile-friendly climate of that time. The dinos will rise again! We mammals will be forced to go back to being small insect eating possums living in the shadows of the great lizards again!

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2013, 12:08 pm

It's likely real. Private schools can teach whatever they want and there is certainly creationist homeschooling material available. The guy that pushes the "Oregon Petition" against global warming also sells a home schooling kit that includes creationism. He was recently upset because his three children were kicked out of a grad program at Oregon State.