Page 1 of 19 [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 8:29 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0L3ik9fp-M[/youtube]

Quote:
Men and Masculinity are being marginalised. Manly virtues are laughed at, even considered dysfunctional. Men are being edged out of the family, the workplace and wider society as the game of life is increasingly played by women's rules; success and failure measured by women's criteria....

...In a stable, relatively law-abiding 21st century society, man is not needed as a protector. In a Welfare State in which most women work, he is not needed as a breadwinner. And with sperm banks, IVF and same-sex marriages, what is the point of it? Will there come a time when he isn't needed at all?

Man is becoming redundant. An optional extra rather like metallic paint on a car, or grated chocolate on your capucchino.....

So, what use are men to modern society?

I suppose that being an optional extra, like grated chocolate on your capucchino, isn't so bad. At least we aren't being equated to turds.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 9:27 am

Your search for an use, indicates a meaning of life. There is none. We as humans (men and women) just exist.

Do you think anyone needs me as protector, as breadwinner? And with artifical vaginas in sexshops, same sex marriages, adoption and surrogacy, what is the point at all?

"Will there come a time, were none of us is needed anymore?" - Yes, it has already arrived. And? Whats so terrible about being independent? Most people see this as an advantage. Why should I be said, that men, are no longer depending on me but are able to choose freely? Why should I be sad, that my partner dont need me for cooking, because he is a much better cook then I am? Why should my partner be sad, that I dont need him to change my car wheel? In the opposite, because he loves me he is happy that I can do that on my own, because if I have a car accident I am not depending on the help of foreigners. And instead of taking every job that is offered to him, anyway how sh***y the boss treatens him, he has the option to reject it, because instead that two people, depending on his income, are starving, he can take all the time he wants to choose his job he wants. And instead of working for me as a slave, he was free to study on university. :) Why is that so bad in your oppinion, that my partner were not forced to do things because of people depending on him, but was free to choose to do what pleases him?

Yes instead of an necessary, saltless cabbage-stew, you were forced to eat in earlier time without an option to choose, I got the chance to be my partners metallic paint he loves and could choose freely on his own, while my partner is the grated chocolate on the cappucino of my life. I like being a beloved freely chosen topping instead of an necessary unloved must-have. :)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 9:39 am

Men are here to experience life just like women are. We are all here for the same reason.

mercifullyfree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2013, 9:53 am

Matriarchy and man-hating? WTF? Where is this imaginary society?

Men still form the majority who run politics and business almost everywhere. Most women still enjoy and desire the company of men. I doubt this will ever change. Sometimes, it amazes me the lengths people will contort their minds just to feel like a victim. If women are allowed to take part in science, government, business, or ANYTHING besides looking pretty and having babies, it doesn't mean men must throw their toys against the wall and go home and be obsolete. It just means they might be around other people who happen to have breasts and vaginas while engaging in these useful things.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 10:03 am

And men and women are supposed to get along and compliment each other :) Ideally.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 10:08 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Men are here to experience life just like women are. We are all here for the same reason.

Hey, I don't know about you, but *I'm* here to pick fights.

But if everyone else was too, then... hey, that actually explains a lot.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 10:09 am

GGPViper wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Hey, I don't know about you, but *I'm* here to pick fights.

But if everyone else was too, then... hey, that actually explains a lot.

It's your way of experiencing life - picking fights. Not everyone is on the same path or should be.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 10:27 am

Meh "manlyness"

Am I supposed to be "masculine" just because I am a guy? Act like those jocks smashing their heads at walls or something? And consider yourself to be a "protector" because you would get yourself killed by getting into a fight for no reason. Or is it that you want to be the only money source and feel hurt that you are no longer it?

Maybe, maybe that was never masculinity. And it was more of stupidity mixed with false sense of security? Maybe that's why it is no longer that important in society?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 10:27 am

If you haven't figured out what a man is for at your age AP,well,you could take Biology.
They are good for keeping the bed warm,better than an electric blanket.
And from being a vegan for a few years I can tell you this,they may say it's like real meat but it isn't,ain't nothin' like the real thing. :lol:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 10:45 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
Meh "manlyness"

Am I supposed to be "masculine" just because I am a guy? Act like those jocks smashing their heads at walls or something? And consider yourself to be a "protector" because you would get yourself killed by getting into a fight for no reason. Or is it that you want to be the only money source and feel hurt that you are no longer it?

Maybe, maybe that was never masculinity. And it was more of stupidity mixed with false sense of security? Maybe that's why it is no longer that important in society?

You are just yourself no matter what that is. You are just you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 10:56 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Then there must be something wrong with me, because I've never had a period, and I don't feel like crying or going shopping either.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
And men and women are supposed to get along and compliment each other :) Ideally.

But when a man compliments a woman on her appearance, she will creepzone him more often than not.

• Fashion accessories
  • Status symbols
  • Punching bags
  • Funding
  • Sperm donation
  • Scapegoats
  • Yardwork
  • Purse-holding (in the mall)
  • Car & House buying
Enough said?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 10:57 am

Fnord, why do you like to take things people post out of context? Did you read the part where I typed we are not all on the same path or should be? I never said men should experience childbirth.

And I never punch no guy unless he starts in on me first. Then he is fair game.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 11:21 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Fnord, why do you like to take things people post out of context?

Each post is a context unto itself.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Did you read the part where I typed we are not all on the same path or should be?

Yes, and it contradicts the statement "Men are here to experience life just like women are", so I ignored it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I never said men should experience childbirth.

Not explicitly, but if you think that men should experience life as women do, then that's part of the package.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
And I never punch no guy unless he starts in on me first. Then he is fair game.

Fair enough, but what about the other uses I listed?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 11:22 am

Quote:
Why would anyone supposed to be anything to modern society just for the sake of their chromosome?

I guess that's the issue right? That society no longer rewards men just for being born with a Y chromosome. Now they actually have to work for it?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 11:25 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
... society no longer rewards men just for being born with a Y chromosome. Now they actually have to work for it?

That's also very fair; no one should be treated any better or worse than anyone else solely by virtue of their genetic code.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 11:33 am

Women tend to partner with men on issues. A lot of them have careers and salaries so they can go in 50/50 on expenditures like housing. Basically everyone is trying to survive so a woman is grasping for money if she cannot secure a career for herself. When people do not have money, they tend to get graspy, both men and women. Solution is careers for everyone. Then no one grasps anymore. Funding is similar. If women have the careers, they still might get greedy and try to get the man's money to put in the bank account along with hers. Some will have principle. People lack that a lot though. They just want what other's have, generally.

Fashion accessories? I admit BOTH genders will do that! It's the human need for superficial acceptance and reverence. They want others to feel good about their particular situation, so they look for that trophy to hang around with and take to holiday parties and gatherings. This is very important to a lot of them. I do not subscribe to this belief system, personally.

Partners as status symbols goes along with that kind of mindset as well. No argument there. Men view their wives as symbols while some feel the same about their husbands. This is general and of course, exceptions exist.

Sperm donation? It is the EXCEPTION. Most women want to give the kid to the guy so they can go do whatever while the guy stays home with the kid. Guys do not always want to do this. Some do.

Scapegoats for what exactly? To blame the world's problems on? Relationship's problems on? Both genders can scapegoat the other. Men will scapegoat when they accuse women of scapegoating them. Always the other gender's fault, you know?

Yardwork.

I have to agree with you on this. Women get married so a man will do all this for them. I have seen this in action. Women do not want to go out and mow, so they find some guy to do it for them and women are willing to put up with a whole lot to get out of mowing the yard, lol. It's kind of ironic, eh?

Hmm. Purse holding? Hahahaha. Well...not really. You are speaking from the experience of being professional purse holder yourself? What about tampon and maxi pad buying?