Page 1 of 19 [ 290 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 4:40 pm

I like this the1janitor guy, and as ever he comes out with a thoughtful video:

Like t1j, I don't advocate violence, but at the same time I don't see friggin' Nazi-ism as being just another opinion like being pro-life or supporting the death penalty.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 4:44 pm

beneficii wrote:
...I don't see friggin' Nazi-ism as being just another opinion like being pro-life or supporting the death penalty.

That was exactly the idea held by the German Reigh that assuaged their collective conscience after they murdered millions of innocents. Seeing "others" as needing to be apart from society is exactly what fueled Nazism.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 4:47 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
beneficii wrote:
...I don't see friggin' Nazi-ism as being just another opinion like being pro-life or supporting the death penalty.

That was exactly the idea held by the German Reigh that assuaged their collective conscience after they murdered millions of innocents. Seeing "others" as needing to be apart from society is exactly what fueled Nazism.

Did you watch the video? What I said was in the context of what he discussed.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 4:51 pm

Well lets put it this way if a nazi got in my face to tell me a bunch of crap even if they didn't touch me I'd punch them. If they're close enough to me to be punched they're too close.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 30 Jan 2017, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 4:52 pm

beneficii wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Did you watch the video? What I said was in the context of what he discussed.

My reply would work regardless of who said what.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

30 Jan 2017, 5:02 pm

Justifying this type of political violence anywhere justifies it everywhere, it's pretty ironic that these same people claim to be protesting in the name of freedom of speech are the ones physically attacking people because they don't like their opinions as detestable as they are.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 5:11 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Justifying this type of political violence anywhere justifies it everywhere, it's pretty ironic that these same people claim to be protesting in the name of freedom of speech are the ones physically attacking people because they don't like their opinions as detestable as they are.

And what about nazis/white supremacists physically attacking people for their race. We're not talking about a murder here we are talking about someone getting a punch in the face. Are right wingers really so wrapped in cotton wool they'd compare punching a nazi that gets in your face to real extremist ideology and terrorism?

Its not political violence to punch someone spewing hateful crap in your face.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 30 Jan 2017, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 5:16 pm

The Left is desperately trying to normalize political violence. This is very dangerous, as Scott Adams noted yesterday: http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1565403158 ... y-if-it-is

Anti-Trump mob sucker punches Trump supporter, knocking him to the ground unconscious:

Tolerance watch: Trump protesters sucker punch Trump supporter at airport, knock him unconscious

Hundreds of anti-Trump protesters gathered at Portland International Airport Sunday, including several prominent state and local Democrats.

Forever claiming the mantle of tolerance and understanding, their leftist hypocrisy was on full display as they turned violent, sucker punching a Trump supporter, hitting him from behind and knocking him to the ground, where he lay unconscious as the “tolerant” liberals jeered at and taunted him

Police officers moved in and surrounded the unconscious Trump supporter, eventually moving him away from the protest area where he received medical attention.

http://libertyunyielding.com/2017/01/30 ... conscious/

There Are Four Lights!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 5:24 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

And what about nazis/white supremacists physically attacking people for their race. We're not talking about a murder here we are talking about someone getting a punch in the face. Are right wingers really so wrapped in cotton wool they'd compare punching a nazi that gets in your face to real extremist ideology and terrorism?

Should somebody be able to punch you in the face for believing in something they don't like?

Nobody should be attacking anybody period, that is what fascism is

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 5:25 pm

Anyone is free to no platform, however no platforming can largely be self defeating, especially in places like universities. UK government own assessment of its anti-extremism program called "Prevent" found that excessive political correctness and no platforming had the opposite effect than intended. There was nobody to challenge extremist views and it allowed for more closed sessions where young people were exposed to extreme views with no counter narrative.

This guy is a white supremacist, however there are also black supremacist and separatists with very similar views. People make subjective distinctions. Flawed ideas such as intersectionality allow people to justify applying double standards, becuase they can swallow the social theory whole just like someone who believes in racial superiority swallows their social theories. It is not really critical thinking.

There is no shortage of people who aren't open to debate, however they still need to be exposed to a counter narrative so others can make up their mind.

Daylight + opposition is the best disinfectant.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 5:41 pm

I don't know enough about this guy to know if he directly incites violence. If he does he should be condemned. Some goes for the #KillAllWhitePeople #KillAllMen crowd. Still if you punched them for it you would be no better than them.

It may be distasteful but the broader definition of ethic cleansing refers to actual policy not views and mostly government or groups with the power to implement the policy.

Linincin himself advocated the repatriation of slaves to Africa before he was a full abolitionist, this would constitute a form of ethic cleansing as defined by the UN.

If this guy is advocating a peaceful version of that, as impractical an absurd, as that is is, it is still a valid expression under the US constitution.

So the video would be inconsistent in that case. It is not ok for a government to interfere, but it is ok for someone to go as far as to break the law because they don't like what this guy said. The irony is more people are aware of him now.

This is were the progressive and regressive divide, becuase quite often they do no-platform people who pose a counter narrative they try to shut "dangerous" ideas down rather than look critically at their own ideas.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 5:54 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Should somebody be able to punch you in the face for believing in something they don't like?

Nobody should be attacking anybody period, that is what fascism is

If I was to get up in someones face about it and verbally attacking them I certainly wouldn't be surprised if I got hit or at least pushed away. As I understand this incident it wasn't as if the nazi was walking around minding his own business and a mean old liberal just came up out of nowhere and beat the s**t out of him for his 'beliefs'. Sure by all means charge the guy with aggravated assault and be done with it....two terrorist attacks have occurred on a mosque in Canada and one in Texas, and people are all up in arms about someone getting punched. killing people and burning down/breaking their property is what facism starts as...not people having a reaction and punching someone who supports genocide of 'inferiors'.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 30 Jan 2017, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 6:01 pm

The guy is an idiot given to much attention by the mainstream media which is responsible for any notoriety that he has, saying that it's still not okay to punch him the face.

Whatever happened to the golden rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you?

Who looks more hateful, violent, and intolerant in this scenario?

Also this guy wasn't in anybody's face like you would be if you were going to fight someone, he got sucker punched by somebody with their face covered.

watch the video next time

Last edited by Jacoby on 30 Jan 2017, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 6:03 pm

Whatever defend nazis all you like...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 6:03 pm

You literally have no idea what you are talking about right now

Barchan