Page 7 of 12 [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2005, 4:09 am

No I meant, Who's free will caused asperger's?

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2005, 1:47 pm

Tom, I was talking about the free will of humankind. I don't think God 'made' us have Aspergers, I think he made people. Aspergers is a diagnosis made by humans.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2005, 1:59 pm

I may have said this before, maybe even in this post, but I'm guessing that if reincarnation has anything to do with it it's just a form of opression or struggle that our particular souls have not endured yet. Either that or we were just stuck up elitist NTs who messed with some people like ourselves, thought nothing of it, and needed to be taught a lesson. If there is just one life, heaven, and hell though I couldn't see any reason aside from us just being benchmarks to see who does or doesn't know how to treat other people like people (which I hope if there is a God that he at least is planning on taking a little more of an open-minded attitude on whether or not we believed in him or went to chuch much - he created us to think the way we do just as much as anyone else).

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2005, 6:03 pm

God gives each of us different talents and some people more than others. In Matthew 25:14-30, Jesus tells a story about a man who has three servants and gives them each coins to care for while he is gone. The first two servants take the coins and use them to earn more for their master, while the third one is ashamed and buries them. It's up to us to decide what to do with both the time and the resources given to us.

I don't think being an aspie is a bad thing. I have different strenghts and weaknesses than most other people I know and I can contribute to the world in different ways. It is almost like there is some sort of equilibrium with talents and "untalents". Sometimes the "untalent" part of us suffers to let the talents prosper.

Hopefully that made some sense...

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 12:17 am

There is very little point speculating about God's motives. If he indeed has any.

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 12:23 am

Sanityisoverrated wrote:
There is very little point speculating about God's motives. If he indeed has any.

:roll:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2005, 12:24 am

Doesn't mean we won't still try just to satisfy ourselves :lol: :wink:

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jan 2006, 6:05 am

the problem with man kind is we can not piture nothing so we always need somethis as a exuse and AS is genitc and has been proven by scincetist time and money so except fact.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2006, 8:10 am

God has made not even Us as we are nor have We made us as we are in the end. We are who we are in the end nothing else. We can not blame God for who we are in the end. We can not blame anybody at all in the end. We can yet learn who we are in the end. For that is what we are in the end. We are who we are in the end. Nothing more than that in the end. We have no better understanding in the end than anybody else at all in the end. We have to yet learn it as anybody else has to learn that is the way of it in the end. That is life in the end for us as well as for them in the end. We must care if we want to care for each other to help all even each other in the end. So it is what we care for to share for that is what we share to care for in the end. That truly matters in the end. That is truly living life in the end. We must care and share who we truly are in the end. To gain the understanding and knowledge in the end. For who we are in the end. To even help ourselves and them in the end.

God has made Us all of Us no matter who we are we are us that is what matters in the end. For All of Us and Them.

For that is the end, in the end for us all.

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jan 2006, 5:35 pm

Yes but I have a problem god did not make me my parents made me so where dose god fit in and at the beginning there was dinosaurs and small mammals and before that there was nothing but a tiny atom surrounded by other solar systems and slowly but surely that atom made the big band due to pressure. The question we must ask is what’s happening in other solar systems or is there such thing as a parallel universe? We must not leave it as creation as the last reason for our existence because questions with facts is what makes humans unique. For we are the only animal that can look after every creature on earth.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 8:02 am

God willed it to happen from the beginning and continues today. For God wanted to share His Creation with the Creation of the Living. That is the simplest way to put it in the end.

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2006, 6:23 pm

Laura wrote:
Yes but I have a problem god did not make me my parents made me so where dose god fit in and at the beginning there was dinosaurs and small mammals and before that there was nothing but a tiny atom surrounded by other solar systems and slowly but surely that atom made the big band due to pressure.
The existence of dinosaurs shouldn't cast any reflection on the existence of God. It only poses a problem to those people who insist upon a literal interpretation of Genesis.

Quote:
The question we must ask is what’s happening in other solar systems or is there such thing as a parallel universe? We must not leave it as creation as the last reason for our existence because questions with facts is what makes humans unique. For we are the only animal that can look after every creature on earth.
I've read in a scholarly paper (the link to which I can no longer find) that while the whole cosomological theistic hypothesis (such as it is) has no evidence apart from our own rationalization of it, the whole theory about 'parallel universes' is similarly nothing more than speculation.

SuXEed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2006, 6:48 pm

On the latter point, could it not be argued that the cosmological 'proof' for the existence of God is speculation too? The cosmological argument is the one that makes mem most curious. There must be some form of brute fact, be it a God or matter, for anythin else to occur. If the mater is created, who created it, God? If so, who created God? Most peopel just say 'God has existed since the beginning of time' and are satisfied, but why can't this apply to matter? At some point there will be some kind of prime mover, an uncaused causer, and this will require the suspension of logic somewhat.

Also, regarding the non-literal interpretation of Genesis, it is most curious that it was interpreted literally until something from it was proved to be wrong. Faith is so strong that they will change their argument and change their entire perception of evidence. Suddenly there were not 6 days the world was created in but 6 time periods. Christians claimed the 40 day flood was real until studies of the soil proved otherwise. People believed the Earth was 4,000 years old until once more, scientific study proved otherwise. If people will change their perceptions so easily, how can they be so sure their perceptions and interpretations of the bible are right?

As for God creating aspies? I dunno. When I first clicked on 'reply to thread' I only intended to say that first sentence. Apologies for going off on a tangent.

muddlinthrough
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2006, 12:08 pm

O.K., i don't beleive in god, but let me suggest some things.

One, if i have biochemically limited executive function and a biochemically limited ability
to interpret the effects of my actions on other people, is it meaningful to say that I have free will?If not, am I capable of choosing not to sin?At least, we are talking about
a very severe form of predestination here.

Second, if it is the trancendent experiance of god rather than intellectual acceptence that matters, and my neurotransmitters are too low to have this experiance,aren't I inherently damned?The current interpretation of "Born Again" seems to mean getting
excited or falling in love with god.If your capacity to experiance excitement is impaired therfore, are you automatically damned?

This isn't an abstract argument, since we're all a little different even within the same
disabilty, condition, whatever you call it.

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

27 Jan 2006, 10:19 pm

backto the original question...

Why did God Make Aspies?

He made differences to make the human existance richer and more dynamic. If we were ALL NT's, or if we ALL were the same then what could get accomplished? Think of all the historical figures we suspect to be aspies. Think of the things that they created and made that have made what we are doing possible.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2006, 10:32 pm

God made us aspies because he hates us. There is no other reason folks. I am sorry, you are screwed and this is indeed a curse. Also, we are all going to hell for questioning his will on the matter. Have a nice life folks!

Ok, my belief is that we are who we are because it happened. I seriously doubt that God did this for any reason that we could find out or understand. In any great plan on a universal scale there are probably little pieces that are hard to truly understand without divine intellect or wisdom. Besides, does it matter. Even if we knew what would we do about it? Would we weep of our sufferings? Would we gloat about our universal importance? The truth would change nothing about existence. If you want to know what lies beyond our eyes and beyond mundane existence then embrace death. However, I don't seriously suggest that anyone embrace death, but I figure that only death has answers to the questions of life and yes, reaching oblivion is an answer.