Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 3:36 am

All gods are psychopaths.

They are all knowing, and create everything, then destroy it.

In the other destruction of everything, god spared Lot's daughters, the ones offered to the crowd. The ones who got their father drunk and laid with him.

God just might be Satan. It fits with the stories.

The sex lives of the children of Adam and Eve on.

Eve was entraped by a talking snake, when no one was around but God and Adam.

Abraham was told to sacrifice his first born son.

Gods and other psychopaths should be avoided.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 4:02 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Jono wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
They just isolated Nephilim DNA at Oxford.

They even dated when all that doing the nasty with angels was going on.

And they find alot of Nephilim DNA in autistic spectrum people.

Anyway its in Scientific American, or the New England Journal of Medicine, or the National Enquirer, or something like that.

I'll have to find the link.

Is this a Poe?

You have doubts? Doubts that autism is from angel DNA?

Surely you jest.

Yay! I'm an Angel!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 7:53 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
As I understand the Bible, Satan can only affect what people do if they let him in. In this case, I believe he would have been convincing everyone that Noah was delusional and they shouldn't board his ark.

If I was Satan, I would of told the the people to kill noah.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 7:55 am

I have a feeling that when god does something questionable such as killing etc, Satan does not appear to appose it.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 2:54 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
Or start a campaign that God is wicked for starting the floods.
Assuming Satan = Lucifer, that's what got him kicked out of Heaven in the first place. He dared to exercise free will.............

This is one of the reasons I just can't get behind Christianity or the bible. In most other books, when the villian of your piece is more sympathetic then your hero, you know you've taken a wrong turn somewhere..........

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 3:06 pm

A big problem with the story of Noah's Ark if taken literally is that there is no evidence of the type we would expect to find if there ever had been a global flood, but there are multiple lines of evidence of the type we would expect to find if such a flood did NOT occur.

So once again, a literal reading of the Book of Genesis is falsified by the evidence of the physical world. Maybe it did happen and God somehow hid all the signs and planted false evidence to make it look like it did not happen, but then that would make the God of the Bible out to be a trickster or prankster.

So this whole question is bogus because apparently Noah's flood did NOT ever happen (at least not the way most Christians read it).

What is most likely is that this story was adapted from other flood stories of that area from earlier cultures, and the Hebrews took the story and put Hebrew names and characters into it and made it represent THEIR God. It is also likely that this story may be based on a local flood that to the people of that time and place DID cover the whole world so far as they knew or at least THEIR whole world. IF the Bible is true, then perhaps this story is supposed to teach us something spiritual about our relationship to God or His plans for us, His mercy etc. But like I say, there is NO scientific evidence that supports a literal interpretation of the Flood story and there IS scientific evidence that a global flood did NOT happen. So what gives?

Last edited by TheBicyclingGuitarist on 11 Oct 2013, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm

TheBicyclingGuitarist wrote:
A big problem with the story of Noah's Ark if taken literally is that there is no evidence of the type we would expect to find if there ever had been a global flood, but there are multiple lines of evidence of the type we would expect to find if such a flood did NOT occur.

Whereas I see indisputable evidence that there was a global flood, the fish fossils all over the deserts of America, the layer of Chalk from the Cretaceous period which also co-incidentally corresponded to massive global extinction events, the quick frozen mammoths with grass and fruits still in their mouths, the legend of a flood in all the Worlds cultures, the Historian Josephus reporting how in his day folk would carve wood from the Ark and wear as lucky charms. etc etc.
But I guess people will see things the way they want to see things.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 4:25 pm

Nambo wrote:
TheBicyclingGuitarist wrote:

Whereas I see indisputable evidence that there was a global flood, the fish fossils all over the deserts of America, the layer of Chalk from the Cretaceous period which also co-incidentally corresponded to massive global extinction events, the quick frozen mammoths with grass and fruits still in their mouths, the legend of a flood in all the Worlds cultures, the Historian Josephus reporting how in his day folk would carve wood from the Ark and wear as lucky charms. etc etc.

If you believe in the flood as the bible described it, you'd also have to believe the earth is 5000 years old. Those fossils you describe are off by millions of years..........

Bitoku
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2013, 4:43 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
If you believe in the flood as the bible described it, you'd also have to believe the earth is 5000 years old. Those fossils you describe are off by millions of years..........

The timing may be off, but it would have been nearly impossible to chronicle time accurately before there was written langauge anyway. I don't get why people get so hung up over that issue.
The fact is that most scientists these days will tell you that a global flood did happen. It's what wiped out most of the dinosaurs, and was likely instigated by a meteor or some other large object colliding with the earth (which when taken within Christianity seems like a perfectly plausible way God could have created a flood if he wanted to). At any rate, I would say what's described in the story of Noah is a pretty strange coincidence if you think that it's 100% fiction.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 5:43 pm

There is a theory that the Biblical flood may have been the flooding of the Red Sea at the end of the Ice Age, with the melting of a glacier to the north.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 6:02 pm

Bitoku wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

The timing may be off, but it would have been nearly impossible to chronicle time accurately before there was written langauge anyway. I don't get why people get so hung up over that issue.
The fact is that most scientists these days will tell you that a global flood did happen. It's what wiped out most of the dinosaurs, and was likely instigated by a meteor or some other large object colliding with the earth (which when taken within Christianity seems like a perfectly plausible way God could have created a flood if he wanted to). At any rate, I would say what's described in the story of Noah is a pretty strange coincidence if you think that it's 100% fiction.

Coincidence with WHAT? What does it coincide with exactly?

The Noah Story has no resemblence to the meteor event that wiped out the dinosaurs, which was 66 million years before humans even existed (and thus couldnt have had anything to do with any human ark building venture anyway).

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 6:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
There is a theory that the Biblical flood may have been the flooding of the Red Sea at the end of the Ice Age, with the melting of a glacier to the north.

Thanks for reminding me. The Old Testament does coincide with a certain event, but alot more recent than the dinosaur meteor.

There is a new intriguing theory that involves, not the Red Sea, but the Persian Gulf.

Oil tankers now sail over what might well have been the actual location of the Garden of Eden!

The shallow upper part of the Persian Gulf (above the straight of Hormuz) was dry land that only became inundated since the melting of the last Ice Age-prehistoric- but only a few thousand years ago.

The Noah myth ( and its Mesopotamian percurser stories) may well be the distorted memory of that flooding.

Also- the Garden of Eden is described as being located where four rivers meet (two being named in the Bible as the familiar Tigris and Euphrates- the other two were of unknown identity).

When the upper Persian gulf was dry land the Tigris and Euphrates (which enter the gulf from Iraq today) would each have been a couple hundred miles longer than now and flowed through this land to reach the ocean. And there is evidence of a now extinct river flowing into that land from the north from what is now Iran,and another from the south from what is now Saudi Arabia. These two now dry rivers would have met the Tigris and Euphrates in the now inundated land.- four major rivers meeting. So apparently there really was a place where the TIgris and Euphrates met two other rivers. And that place did get (permanently) drowned in the post Ice Age melt during the Neolithic.

Eden? Noah? Coincidences? Maybe. Maybe not.

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2013, 8:19 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
During the flood killed the majority of life on Earth, where was the Satan. If I am aware, Satan will try to do everything opposite to what God does. Would he try to stop the floods from happening. Or start a campaign that God is wicked for starting the floods.

My viewpoint is Satan wouldn't be able to stop him in anyway, due to God's power. Thus, why try when God is absolutely firm in his decision? Besides, he would not need to start a campaign to have people disagree about it.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 8:36 pm

Nambo wrote:
Whereas I see indisputable evidence ...

Then your evidence ain't indisputable.

By the way, mammoths were extant until 4500 years ago, with some isolated species surviving until 1650 bc. Which means that Noah had to have brought mammoths with him on the ark, and to have transported them to their appropriate habitats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammoth

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2013, 9:15 pm

Noah had to round up two of each animal. The Christians I know consider the serpent in the garden of eden to be satan. The serpent is also referred to as an 'animal' in genesis. So I have to conclude that Noah rounded up two satan's and put them on the arc. From there all kinds of nasty satan on satan action happened in the arc.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2013, 1:15 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. The Old Testament does coincide with a certain event, but alot more recent than the dinosaur meteor.

There is a new intriguing theory that involves, not the Red Sea, but the Persian Gulf.

Oil tankers now sail over what might well have been the actual location of the Garden of Eden!

The shallow upper part of the Persian Gulf (above the straight of Hormuz) was dry land that only became inundated since the melting of the last Ice Age-prehistoric- but only a few thousand years ago.

The Noah myth ( and its Mesopotamian percurser stories) may well be the distorted memory of that flooding.

Also- the Garden of Eden is described as being located where four rivers meet (two being named in the Bible as the familiar Tigris and Euphrates- the other two were of unknown identity).

When the upper Persian gulf was dry land the Tigris and Euphrates (which enter the gulf from Iraq today) would each have been a couple hundred miles longer than now and flowed through this land to reach the ocean. And there is evidence of a now extinct river flowing into that land from the north from what is now Iran,and another from the south from what is now Saudi Arabia. These two now dry rivers would have met the Tigris and Euphrates in the now inundated land.- four major rivers meeting. So apparently there really was a place where the TIgris and Euphrates met two other rivers. And that place did get (permanently) drowned in the post Ice Age melt during the Neolithic.

Eden? Noah? Coincidences? Maybe. Maybe not.

D'oh! I should have remembered it was the Persian Gulf!