You Might be a Right-Wing Extremist If You Believe...

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 3:19 pm

Here's my list; if you have more, post away! :)

...children should be protected from perverts, instead of being taught by them.
...able-bodied people should work for a living, instead of living off the federal government.
...children are better off with both a mother and father in the home.
...in God, read the Bible, and go to church.
...people who immigrate to the United States should respect the laws of this country.
...both families and the federal government should adhere to a responsible budget.
...American culture matters, and should be reinforced in our educational classes.
...people who are ashamed of the United States should never occupy the White House, or be allowed to teach our children.
..."race card" politics should be abolished.
...all people should be judged by the content of their character, instead of their skin color.
...journalists have an obligation to investigate and report accurately, regardless of political agenda or affiliation.
...endorsing murder, rape, and deception are signs of a false religion.
...Americans are capable of running their own lives, without massive government regulation or control.
...American military veterans should still uphold their oath to defend the U.S. Constitution.
...responsibly protecting your home and family is your own concern, not the federal government's.
...everyone in the United States should obey its laws, even those in the highest levels of power.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 3:56 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
Here's my list; if you have more, post away! :)

Toss out the Catholics, then.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
...able-bodied people should work for a living, instead of living off the federal government.

Toss out the Military-Industrial-Complex, then.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Toss out Abstinence-Only Sex Education then.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
...people who immigrate to the United States should respect the laws of this country.

Ask the Native Americans about this one.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
...both families and the federal government should adhere to a responsible budget.

Indeed. Someone needs to take down those idiots who voted for this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare_P ... zation_Act

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
...American culture matters, and should be reinforced in our educational classes.

Indeed. Freedom of Religion - a core component of the Constitution - should be more vigorously enforced. We should start in the states that still (formally) impose religious tests of office.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
...people who are ashamed of the United States should never occupy the White House, or be allowed to teach our children.

Indeed. No member of The Tea Party - considering their complete disregard for the US constitution, and the First Amendment in particular - should ever be allowed to occupy the White House or teach children. (Notice the irony compared to previous passages)

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Indeed. No more "states' rights/Southern Strategy" code word politics.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
...all people should be judged by the content of their character, instead of their skin color.

... And their sex, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and preference for pop music.... Ok, perhaps not the pop music part.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
... journalists have an obligation to investigate and report accurately, regardless of political agenda or affiliation.

I disagree with this. As I am quite fond of press freedom, I will defend even garbage like Fox News to the death.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Toss out Christianity, Islam, Judaism (Abrahamic religions are a big No-No in this regard), and parts of Hinduism and Buddhism.

All that remains is Jainism and Bahá'í... OK, Liberal Quakers get a second chance... BUT I'M WATCHING YOU!! !!

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
...Americans are capable of running their own lives, without massive government regulation or control.

Indeed. Stop mad hatters like Rick Santorum, Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock from interfering with the most intimate aspects of people's lives.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
...American military veterans should still uphold their oath to defend the U.S. Constitution.

Indeed. First priority: Defend the rights of LGBT military veterans under the 14th Amendment.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
...responsibly protecting your home and family is your own concern, not the federal government's.

Indeed. Start by repelling those pesky preachers who advocate Abstinence-Only sex education, as they will expose your children to heightened risk of teenage pregnancy and STD's.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
...everyone in the United States should obey its laws, even those in the highest levels of power.

Indeed. I don't have any snarky replies here, I actually agree 100 percent.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Uh-oh. That's one of the Big No-No religions. :shameonyou:

To be honest, I don't really see much Right Wing extremism here at all... A few points, perhaps, but all in all, this isn't *that* bad... I've seen much worse.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 4:01 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Of course.
Quote:

Nothing wrong with that.
Quote:

It doesn't matter what gender the parents have; as long as the parents do both "mom stuff" (baking cookies for christmas) and "dad stuff" (teaching the kids to change wheels on the car), they'll turn out just fine.

Quote:

I believe in God, but how often you go to church or read the Bible is not what's important to be a good christian.

Quote:

It's fairly difficult to immigrate to the US compared to most European countries, actually.

Quote:

Too bad neither of them do.

Quote:

Progressiveness is more important than culture. While most of the culture should be preserved, other aspects should be scrapped altogether. All those stories about Abraham Lincoln are full of sh!t and kids should know the truth.

Quote:

There's a lot to be ashamed of regarding politics in all countries.

Quote:

True.

Quote:

Good point.

Quote:
...journalists have an obligation to investigate and report accurately, regardless of political agenda or affiliation.

Another good point.

Quote:

And most muslims do not endorse this.

Quote:

This is a view shared by most people.

Quote:

It should be up to them to decide that.

Quote:

Protecting your home can be difficult without the police.

Quote:

They're still required to follow the laws. The main reason Nixon left was because he would have been kicked out of his office (and in that process lose what was left of his dignity) if he didn't. Congress men who violate the laws are usually punished; once by the justice system and multiple times by the mass media. Impeaching Clinton because he got a blowjob in the oval office (and let's face it: He deserved that blowjob) was a bad move, though.

Last edited by Kurgan on 17 Oct 2013, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 4:03 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Define 'perverts'.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Each case should be taken on its own merits. In the case of housewives or househusbands, its unreasonable to expect them to take paid employment in addition to being homemakers. Its also difficult to provide work for everyone in a situation where you have 5 jobseekers chasing the same job. There needs to be some onus on the government and job creating sectors to pick up some of the slack.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

False. Not everyone's father and not everyone's father are productive or positive role models. I know this one is aimed against homosexual foster parents so I'll just say that there is no reason why not some would be as good, in some cases even better than straight parents.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Not at all, Hitler and Mussolini were both rather negative about theism as far as I know.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

The lawmakers in the United States are becoming increasingly contemptuous of native-born Americans through legislative attacks like the patriot act and SOPA.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

so should banks and corporations.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

American culture is a misnomer. Its comprised of a mix of cultures from everywhere.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

This would be a death blow to democratic pluralism and a slippery slope towards fascism.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

I don't see what this serves other than to protect racists.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

No argument from me, the only ones who might are genuine far right extremists.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Again no argument.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Its never been proven that any religion is not false.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Some more than others.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Meh.
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

What about the police?
Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Up to a point, and they should understand where the law transgresses against their own rights and reserve the right to peaceful disobedience.

My deviant art profile

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2013, 4:18 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

That's a rather roundabout way of saying "homosexuals ought not be allowed to enter the teaching profession". Maybe I'm wrong, but you're being pretty vague with your terminology here.

Quote:

Citations needed. And who exactly are you to make this judgement, anywho?

Quote:

Again, a roundabout way of saying something else entirely, that religion has a place in the educational system. By the way, America was founded upon the ideological foundation of the Enlightenment, and the Founding Fathers were deists.

Quote:

You've posted before condemnation of homosexuals, so you really don't follow this principle of "judging based on who and not what one is" yourself.

Quote:

In other words, your interpretation of facts, never mind free speech or conflicting views.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 5:58 pm

OP is just parroting a bunch of talking points. Of course you are an extremist and don't want to admit it. Many of those things are mildly phrased versions of actual hateful ideology in disguise. You hate gays, you hate families of gay people, you think Obama is ashamed of America and is probably a racist, you want big business to exercise tyranny over the population instead of a government that is subject to the will of the people at every election, you hate women having control over their own reproductive systems... I guarantee one thing, you have no idea what the constitution says but you're delusional enough to think the black president is violating it all over the place. Yeah, race card b***h.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 6:39 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
You Might be a Right-Wing Extremist If You Believe...

Here are my suggested additions to your list:

...Women have no rights - God-given or otherwise - to practice any form of contraception.
...No one should be allowed to immigrate to the United States without signing a declaration of total commitment to Jesus.
...Only wealthy adult Christian males of European descent should be allowed to vote, own property and run for public office.
...Health care and higher education should be allowed to only those who can pay for them with cash.
...America has the sovereign, God-given right to police every other country and dictate their activities.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2013, 4:42 am

Quote:

Yop, absolutely. I am sure, that criminals are far more afraid of me, then of a bunch of specialized trained police officers. And the purpose that I want them to pay my taxes, is that they can buy more cake and coffee, while sitting in their office, meanwhile I quit my job to be able to defend my home 24h/7days a week.

And saving my house in case of fire, should be as well my concern. The poor guys of the fire department shouldnt concern themselves with doing their job.

Just like, why the hell should public doctors be concerned with my health? I am the one that should be responsibly for doing so, so these dumb people, becoming doctors and offering me their service, definitely shouldnt do that.

Quote:
That's a rather roundabout way of saying "homosexuals ought not be allowed to enter the teaching profession". Maybe I'm wrong, but you're being pretty vague with your terminology here.
My country seems to be to moderate. When the thread-starter was referring about perverts, I thought he meant pedophiles, I never would have had the idea, that he could mean homosexuals. O_o Since when is having relationships with grown up people, freely agreeing to it, pervert? Damn, and my partner and I officially declared our pervertedness this June in front of an church. :(

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2013, 11:25 am

Schneekugel wrote:
Quote:
My country seems to be to moderate. When the thread-starter was referring about perverts, I thought he meant pedophiles, I never would have had the idea, that he could mean homosexuals. O_o Since when is having relationships with grown up people, freely agreeing to it, pervert? Damn, and my partner and I officially declared our pervertedness this June in front of an church. :(

Based on the OP's singular fixation on nonstandard sexuality and how it's the worst thing since Hitler, I'm reading between his lines and looking for the real meaning behind otherwise vague words.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2013, 12:20 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

If you mean pedophiles, then it has nothing to do with right-wing/left-wing. If you mean homosexuality, then that is more a fundamentalist Christian issue and less of a political one.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Not everyone who gets assistance from the government is able to find a job, and not everyone who has a job can afford to live on their small pay without assistance. Personally, I received federal food assistance for a decent chunk of my military time.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Not the way I grew up.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Again, this has nothing to do with right-wing/left-wing.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

And if you want to talk federal budget, both sides want to spend more than they bring in. The Democrats prefer social and safety programs. The Republicans prefer military and defense programs.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Unless by American culture you mean white anglo-saxon Christian males.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

In my opinion, anyone who is not ashamed of anything this country does or has done should not be in office. Blind "patriotism" is dangerous.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

I agree to some extent, but the reason it is so prevalent is because there are so many reasons for it to be. I would fully agree if it weren't for the fact that racism is still prevalent in this country (although we have been consistantly improving).

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Unless by content of character you mean Christian in favor of an all Christian America.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
... journalists have an obligation to investigate and report accurately, regardless of political agenda or affiliation.

Although if you are a hard-core capitalism supporter, you should be aware that most American companies aren't going to invest advertising money in a non-biased news organization. News doesn't make money if it isn't sensationalized entertainment.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Again, this has nothing to do with right-wing/left-wing. Even so, there isn't a large percentage of any religion that does this. Maybe deception, since it is a big part of any large organized religion (or school of politics).

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

To some extent. So where do stand on safety regulations? The military?

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

And surrender their first amendment rights? That seems to be a bit of a paradox.
And by the way, that oath ends when their service ends.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

The federal government doesn't bother with protecting your home. Your local police force does that.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Again, this has nothing to do with right-wing/left-wing. I don't think you find too many people who would disagree with this statement at all.

Moviefan2k4 wrote:

Again, this has nothing to do with right-wing/left-wing. And for someone so pro-constitution, that seems like an absurd thing to say.

All in all, this doesn't seem like the profile of a right wing extremist. This seems more like the profile of a homophobic Christian extremist to me.