Pat Condell: 'There's no racist like a liberal racist'

Page 1 of 6 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 7:13 pm

You have to admit, though, that in a lot of international news reports, Muslims do come out looking like the baddies. For example, very recently in the Philippines.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2013/ ... anga-siege

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 7:17 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
You have to admit, though, that in a lot of international news reports, Muslims do come out looking like the baddies. For example, very recently in the Philippines.

Whats going on the Philippines is quite unique though. I've been to the Philippines twice. Its a detached conflict that is more similar to Northern Ireland rather than the grander war of Al Quaeda vs the west. All the Filipino muslims want is autonomy for the island of Mindanao as a seperate muslim country which is a very achievable and reasonable demand. I'm not sure why the Philippine government just doesnt give it to them and be done with it.

My deviant art profile

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 7:23 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Jono wrote:
Again, according to the progressives, we are allowed criticise every other religion except for Islam and if criticise Islam you're a racist.

Here is the problem that the 'progressive' lobby have which Mr Condell is referring to. When it comes to Islam there is a conscientious attempt to demonise it by politically partisan forces in almost every developed non muslim majority nation in Earth. The last time that a religious grouping became a pariah demographic on such a scale, this was the end result:

First they came for the communists
and i did not speak out because i was not a communist
then they came for the trade unionists
and i did not speak out because i was not a trade unionist
then they came for the jews
and i did not speak out because i was not a jew
then they came for me
but there was no one left to speak for me.

-Pastor Martin Niemoller

Now tell me, what group is almost every extreme right group and neo nazi mob focussing their hatred against these days?

There is not ever going to be some kind of 'Islamic insurrection' in the UK or anywhere else in the west. Its nothing but hot air from carpetbaggers like Nigel Farage and Nick Griffin to dupe voters to further their career portfolios, recieve MP's wages and spread their venom. They don't give a toss about the British people. Not the majority of them at least. Al Mahijoroun, Al Quaeda, Islam 4 UK etc aren't political contenders. They haven't made any inroads or obvious attempts to take political influence. The Islamaphobes ala the BNP have and are trying, thats the difference.

If and when the jackboots and brownshirts storm the streets once more, Mr Condell, Tequila and UKIP and their adherents have made it perfectly clear what side of the line on the sand they stand on.

Ah yes, it's kind of ironic though that pictures of Nazi death and the holocaust are being posted by an anti-semite who on many cases expressed his desire for Israel to be dismantled and wiped off the map. How many times have you said that Israel has no right to exist again?

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 7:27 pm

Jono wrote:

Ah yes, it's kind of ironic though that pictures of Nazi death and the holocaust are being posted by an anti-semite who on many cases expressed his desire for Israel to be dismantled and wiped off the map. How many times have you said that Israel has no right to exist again?

Anti Semitism and Anti Zionism are two different things. The claim to the contrary is a tired and cliched tactic by Israeli supporters to silence any and all criticism against Israel. At this point I could even use Pat Condell's logic here and argue that its an insult by you against Jews to say that because it belittles instances of genuine anti-semitism. Thats before you consider that historically, many unapologetic anti semites were advocates of the Israel project because it provided a means to expel Jews from their own country.

Even some orthodox Jews and non Zionist jews are of the opinion that Israel under its existing guise should cease to be or at the least massive concessions should be afforded to the Palestinians.

Such as-

http://www.truetorahjews.org/

http://www.nkusa.org/

http://jfjfp.com/

so do you have any choice quotes by me to back up your slander that I am an anti semite or are you going to shut up now and stop making a fool of yourself?

My deviant art profile

Last edited by thomas81 on 19 Oct 2013, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 7:31 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Tequila wrote:

Why is Islam treated differently? Because most Muslims are non-white.

Mainly because there is a real, and very pronunced increase in anti-islamic sentiment and motivated violence in the wake of 9/11 and other tragedies.

While I don't have anything at all against all muslims (I know some moderate muslims and they're actually quite decent people), I find it hypocritical when people ("progressives") actually defend the Islamists who support Al-Quada and their actions on 9/11 that killed over 2000 innocent people, a few even claiming that "they brought it on themselves" for supporting Israel and their actions in the Middle East. Most decent muslims actually hate being associated with them.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 7:32 pm

thomas81 wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Whats going on the Philippines is quite unique though. I've been to the Philippines twice. Its a detached conflict that is more similar to Northern Ireland rather than the grander war of Al Quaeda vs the west. All the Filipino muslims want is autonomy for the island of Mindanao as a separate muslim country which is a very achievable and reasonable demand. I'm not sure why the Philippine government just doesnt give it to them and be done with it.

The majority (almost two thirds) of the Mindanao population is Christian.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 7:35 pm

Jono wrote:
While I don't have anything at all against all muslims (I know some moderate muslims and they're actually quite decent people), I find it hypocritical when people ("progressives") actually defend the Islamists who support Al-Quada and their actions on 9/11 that killed over 2000 innocent people, a few even claiming that "they brought it on themselves" for supporting Israel and their actions in the Middle East. Most decent muslims actually hate being associated with them.

I'm not sure who you mean directly implied that but I think its foolish to argue that there was no political connections or motivations whatsover between 9/11 and Americas relentless and unrepentant support for Israel.

Protip: I don't personally believe the 9/11 attack was justified. All it did was increase anti Islamic hate.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 7:36 pm

GGPViper wrote:

You may be right. Practising Christian though?

My deviant art profile

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 7:43 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Jono wrote:

I'm not sure who you mean directly implied that but I think its foolish to argue that there was no political connections or motivations whatsover between 9/11 and Americas relentless and unrepentant support for Israel.

Protip: I don't personally believe the 9/11 attack was justified. All it did was increase anti Islamic hate.

In this case, I don't mean you specifically but I have actually heard people try to justify it.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2013, 10:26 pm

GGPViper wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Whats going on the Philippines is quite unique though. I've been to the Philippines twice. Its a detached conflict that is more similar to Northern Ireland rather than the grander war of Al Quaeda vs the west. All the Filipino muslims want is autonomy for the island of Mindanao as a separate muslim country which is a very achievable and reasonable demand. I'm not sure why the Philippine government just doesnt give it to them and be done with it.

And, Zamboanga City (which the Moslems attacked) is mostly Catholic.

And, it seems to be portrayed as part of the larger struggle against Islam, rather than as a detached conflict.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2013, 12:53 am

I guess he is giving a pat in the back now that he found a racism worse than his.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Oct 2013, 5:01 am

One of the few certainties in this life is that if you don't obsess about the evils of Islam, you will be called a racism, homophobe, sexist, fascist Islamist by pseudo-intellectuals. They are so desperate to accuse you of these things that if they can't find any evidence for it, they will just make it up.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2013, 5:25 am

ArrantPariah wrote:

And, Zamboanga City (which the Moslems attacked) is mostly Catholic.

and the IRA attacked mostly protestant targets. Whats your point?
ArrantPariah wrote:
And, it seems to be portrayed as part of the larger struggle against Islam, rather than as a detached conflict.

Of course the Filipino government would portray it that way, because they want to curry western opinion against the muslim seperatists.

My deviant art profile

Goddard
Raven
Raven

20 Oct 2013, 7:42 am

thomas81 wrote:
Jono wrote:
Again, according to the progressives, we are allowed criticise every other religion except for Islam and if criticise Islam you're a racist.

Here is the problem that the 'progressive' lobby have which Mr Condell is referring to. When it comes to Islam there is a conscientious attempt to demonise it by politically partisan forces in almost every developed non muslim majority nation in Earth. The last time that a religious grouping became a pariah demographic on such a scale, this was the end result:

First they came for the communists
and i did not speak out because i was not a communist
then they came for the trade unionists
and i did not speak out because i was not a trade unionist
then they came for the jews
and i did not speak out because i was not a jew
then they came for me
but there was no one left to speak for me.

-Pastor Martin Niemoller

Now tell me, what group is almost every extreme right group and neo nazi mob focussing their hatred against these days?

There is not ever going to be some kind of 'Islamic insurrection' in the UK or anywhere else in the west. Its nothing but hot air from carpetbaggers like Nigel Farage and Nick Griffin to dupe voters to further their career portfolios, recieve MP's wages and spread their venom. They don't give a toss about the British people. Not the majority of them at least. Al Mahijoroun, Al Quaeda, Islam 4 UK etc aren't political contenders. They haven't made any inroads or obvious attempts to take political influence. The Islamaphobes ala the BNP have and are trying, thats the difference.

If and when the jackboots and brownshirts storm the streets once more, Mr Condell, Tequila and UKIP and their adherents have made it perfectly clear what side of the line on the sand they stand on.

You was in Poland during the Second War World????
Amaaaaiiiiziiiiin.
:lol:

OoO pooor people, 2500 ''persecuted'' by all people that they already live.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2013, 7:55 am

Goddard wrote:

You was in Poland during the Second War World????
Amaaaaiiiiziiiiin.
:lol:

OoO pooor people, 2500 ''persecuted'' by all people that they already live.

What? :scratch:

My deviant art profile

Goddard
Raven
Raven

20 Oct 2013, 7:55 am

Orwell was a visionary, thought crime!! !

:x