Let people understand something about trans people

Page 8 of 10 [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 5:54 pm

beneficii wrote:
Well, in reality, probably roughly 1 in 500 of the population or so is transsexual. Extrapolate that to the U.S. population and you get 12 billion dollars. I think most people would object to this, as they aren't particularly enthusiastic at helping transgender people. Case in point, my thread in another forum where I recounted my experiences of pain, but no one comes in to comfort me or give tips on what to do. Nope. If anyone talks to me, they talk down to me. If they wouldn't even try to comfort me or give tips on what to do, then why would they want to pay 12 billion effing dollars for people like me to get surgery? Yeah right!

Actually, 0.4% of the population is transsexual. Nobody said that transsexuals do not deserve help, but the price tags for SRS and feminization surgery are high. Hormones are cheap, though. Nobody in this thread is saying that you are a freak or anything like that, but both the American and the European economies have seen better days.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 6:16 pm

Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Well, in reality, probably roughly 1 in 500 of the population or so is transsexual. Extrapolate that to the U.S. population and you get 12 billion dollars. I think most people would object to this, as they aren't particularly enthusiastic at helping transgender people. Case in point, my thread in another forum where I recounted my experiences of pain, but no one comes in to comfort me or give tips on what to do. Nope. If anyone talks to me, they talk down to me. If they wouldn't even try to comfort me or give tips on what to do, then why would they want to pay 12 billion effing dollars for people like me to get surgery? Yeah right!

Actually, 0.4% of the population is transsexual. Nobody said that transsexuals do not deserve help, but the price tags for SRS and feminization surgery are high. Hormones are cheap, though. Nobody in this thread is saying that you are a freak or anything like that, but both the American and the European economies have seen better days.

Wasn't I just in this thread, arguing that very same point? Why do you feel the need to reiterate it to me?

Anyway, I wanted to let you know: You are not an ally of the trans community. This is straight from the mouth of a trans person. Don't let me catch you pretending to be an ally of the trans community, or I'll drop kick your butt (metaphorically, of course).

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 6:43 pm

As for me, the Kurgans of the world wield enormous power over me. They may not hold sway in Norway, but they do where I live. Because of this, I endure nigh unbearable pain each and every day, dark anger, and an ever-growing black pit in my soul. No matter how much the GGPVipers of the world may endeavor to save the day--through the ineffective methods that they use--they will never free me from the Kurgans of the world.

As for my actions, well, there goes the saying, You don't bite the hand that feeds you. Also, I need to contain the anger and pain as best as I can.

Last edited by beneficii on 04 Nov 2013, 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm

beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Wasn't I just in this thread, arguing that very same point? Why do you feel the need to reiterate it to me?

Anyway, I wanted to let you know: You are not an ally of the trans community. This is straight from the mouth of a trans person. Don't let me catch you pretending to be an ally of the trans community, or I'll drop kick your butt (metaphorically, of course).

By deciding who's an "ally" of the trans community and who's not, you're the one putting up a divisor between trans- and cisgendered people. I'm not pretending to be anything; I pay taxes, and I am entitled to freedom of speech. I should be allowed to voice my opinion on how the money is spent. If 0.4% of the population got 60,000 dollars worth of surgery (1 in 200 people), it would make an impact on the American economy.

I have not in any way said anything hateful towards transsexuals. Imagine if everyone could just walk into a store and pick food for free or if anyone could just walk into a car dealership and get a car for free. Good food or cars are not a human-right either, but a privilege.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 7:05 pm

Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:

By deciding who's an "ally" of the trans community and who's not, you're the one putting up a divisor between trans- and cisgendered people. I'm not pretending to be anything; I pay taxes, and I am entitled to freedom of speech. I should be allowed to voice my opinion on how the money is spent. If 0.4% of the population got 60,000 dollars worth of surgery (1 in 200 people), it would make an impact on the American economy.

I have not in any way said anything hateful towards transsexuals. Imagine if everyone could just walk into a store and pick food for free or if anyone could just walk into a car dealership and get a car for free. Good food or cars are not a human-right either, but a privilege.

As long as you don't pretend you're an ally, I'm cool.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:09 pm

Kurgan wrote:

I'm a bit ashamed that it took me this long to catch onto the bolded. I always love it when bigots who argue against the rights of minority groups and have just been criticized for their bigoted views always latch onto the freedom of speech argument, as though their very freedom of speech were under attack. Apparently, to them, freedom of speech covers bigoted views, but does not cover their criticism and criticism of those who espouse them.

Afraid, Kurgan, that the evil trans demons are going to come and strip you of all your rights? If so, I have the solution: A nice injection of Haldol.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:17 pm

beneficii wrote:
I'm a bit ashamed that it took me this long to catch onto the bolded. I always love it when bigots who argue against the rights of minority groups and have just been criticized for their bigoted views always latch onto the freedom of speech argument, as though their very freedom of speech were under attack.

You're the one who implied that you held a monopoly on the right opinions. Please pinpoint the exact post where I said something bigoted.

Quote:
Apparently, to them, freedom of speech covers bigoted views, but does not cover their criticism and criticism of those who espouse them.

Freedom of speech in this case means that you have to accept that other people disagree with you.

Quote:
Afraid, Kurgan, that the evil trans demons are going to come and strip you of all your rights? If so, I have the solution: A nice injection of Haldol.

:roll:

You seem more afraid of the fact that citizens able to vote are going to strip you of your rights... and your privileges.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:26 pm

OK, then, Kurgan, where does the part where I put on some jackboots and kick down your door come in?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:34 pm

I think something else has to be understood. Until the Kurgans of the world relent, I will never get sex reassignment surgery. That means I will grow more and more bitter by the day and more and more hateful. Since the Kurgans of the world will never relent, I will never get the surgery. I will never be able to save up for it and no one will ever provide it as a gift. My only hope is coverage of some sort, but because of the Kurgans of the world and where my family and I live, and because of the fact that they will not relent, I will never get sex reassignment surgery. And for that, I have nothing but hate for the Kurgans of the world.

And guess what, it is my freedom of speech to say I hate someone. I hate you, Kurgan. And that's because you and people like you cause me suffering each and every day.

Last edited by beneficii on 04 Nov 2013, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:35 pm

beneficii wrote:
OK, then, Kurgan, where does the part where I put on some jackboots and kick down your door come in?

When you find something that's genuinely transphobic or trans-misogynistic that I've written.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:37 pm

beneficii wrote:
And guess what, it is my freedom of speech to say I hate someone. I hate you, Kurgan.

Good for you, then. This only proves that you're far more bigoted than I am.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:41 pm

Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
And guess what, it is my freedom of speech to say I hate someone. I hate you, Kurgan.

Were it not for the Kurgans of the world, I would have been able to get sex reassignment surgery probably 10 years ago. I would have been able to have a normal sex life. I would have been able to look in the mirror with an emotion other than disgust. But no, instead I had to deal with a growing darkness, a growing distrust of others, and a dark anger. A black pit in my soul that grows every day. f**k you, Kurgan. f**k you, and others like you.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:43 pm

beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Were it not for the Kurgans of the world, I would have been able to get sex reassignment surgery probably 10 years ago. I would have been able to have a normal sex life. I would have been able to look in the mirror with an emotion other than disgust. But no, instead I had to deal with a growing darkness, a growing distrust of others, and a dark anger. A black pit in my soul that grows every day. f**k you, Kurgan. f**k you, and others like you.

Stop blaming other people for your problems.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:45 pm

Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:

It's as simple as this: With insurance coverage, I could have gone and gotten surgery. Without it, I could not.

It's because people like you have been so successful in my part of the world that I have been unable to secure such coverage.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:47 pm

beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:

It's as simple as this: With insurance coverage, I could have gone and gotten surgery. Without it, I could not.

It's because people like you have been so successful in my part of the world that I have been unable to secure such coverage.

No, it's because the government does not owe you expensive medical procedures unless it's a matter of life and death. So when are you going to post what I asked about, something transphobic or trans-misgyonistic that I've written?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 8:48 pm

Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
beneficii wrote:

No, it's because the government does not owe you expensive medical procedures unless it's a matter of life and death.

My government owes me no medical procedures. You're so goddamn clueless. Go live in your relatively secure Norwegian life. You wouldn't survive a day in America, as much as you pump yourself up, you f****r.