believer 27%  27%  [ 26 ]
ambivalent feline 13%  13%  [ 12 ]
visiting poltergeist 11%  11%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 95

BrownieCharles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2007, 2:29 pm

Perhaps you think the mind lives on through death maybe like the theories of a mind existing outside the brain in a field type thing or we just die and that is it or perhaps you think that there is a heaven / hell or maybe we will turn into ghosts and wandering spirits in multiple dimensions and that leads on to the whole paranormal side of things like Mediums which I know all started as a hoax but it's wonderful to think about and all those accounts and testimonies from people with near death experiences (like tunnels and freaky OBEs ) and strange accounts of 4 year old children remembering great details of a previous life which when looked up turned out to be factual

What do you think share your opinions if you are a skeptic / believer / ambivalent feline / visiting poltergeist is it all for mankind 's longing for eternity perhaps fear of death or is it really real and fascinating how about the underlying meaning we find through syncronicities is this our radio from "base " as it were telling us we 're on the right track WHO f*****g KNOWS ??????

kate-silverton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2007, 3:14 pm

no, thats why it's called death

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 10:01 pm

One of the basic problems with the idea of life after death is that it motivates people to not appreciate how great it is merely to be alive.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 10:13 pm

a christian or muslim or jewish or hindu life after death? i doubt it.

could SOMETHING exist in the way of existence after death?

anything is possible given enough time.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 10:14 pm

Sand wrote:
One of the basic problems with the idea of life after death is that it motivates people to not appreciate how great it is merely to be alive.

DING DING DING DING!! !! we have someone who gets it!

the garbage talk of x religion valuing life is just that: garbage. they use it to their benefit and apply the life after death when not valuing life is more befitting to their cause.

BrownieCharles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2007, 5:07 am

skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:

DING DING DING DING!! !! we have someone who gets it!

the garbage talk of x religion valuing life is just that: garbage. they use it to their benefit and apply the life after death when not valuing life is more befitting to their cause.

Absolutely , But obviously this isn 't just about religion , this is about scientific tests and testimonies and other paranormal activity that has suggested there really might be something there

Anyways check this out :
http://www.colinwilsonworld.co.uk/ (click on interviews then the life after death one )
it 's just a theory but I think it shows that ideas of life after death don 't have to depreciate life

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 6:29 am

I don't doubt that unexplained phenomena exist but to explain them as the proof of life after death indicates, to me, merely the incapability of people to formulate alternate explanations and the eagerness of people to deny that their lives are limited.

Zwerfbeertje
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2007, 7:12 am

Is there life after death? No. Why is 'no' not an option?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 7:34 am

Probably because a negative is very difficult if not impossible to prove. My reaction is to add up as many factors available and decide that it is very probable that there is no life after death and act accordingly. But any new factors that turn up should be examined.

Yog-Sothoth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 8:26 am

If there was life after death, then it wouldn't be death, it would be like . . . a coma.
I and my family have seen too many ghosts to believe there is no afterlife, I just believe in a godless afterlife.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 8:44 am

I have never seen a ghost so I have very strong doubts of their existence. If something like a ghost is seen how can you be sure it is someone who has died. Could it be an extra-dimensional visitor or a three dimensional projection of someone from the future or an extension of somebody from a parallel dimension? Who can tell? Why jump to a conclusion about something unknown?

Yog-Sothoth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 9:03 am

Well if you've seen the kinda ghosts I have, you would believe in an afterlife.
I just kinda have a theory that the afterlife is another dimension, and how you spend it is what you make of it and based on hoe you live your life. I also kinda believe in reincarnation, so you don't stay in the after-dimension for long.

Zwerfbeertje
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Oct 2007, 3:27 pm

Sand wrote:
Probably because a negative is very difficult if not impossible to prove.

As would be a positive ... and rhere's no need to prove either one.

But, ehrm, I thought a the Poltergeist phenomena was telekinesis related?

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 4:18 pm

I believe death is the end for body and soul. Reason enough to make the very most out of out life here on earth.

I do not believe in gods, heaven, angels, hell, afterlife, ...

I did not vote in the poll yet because I don't understand the last two options :?:

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

BrownieCharles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2007, 4:42 pm

crackedpleasures wrote:
I did not vote in the poll yet because I don't understand the last two options :?:

You should vote for ambivalent feline if you are / feel like a cat who can 't decide on something (in this case life after death ) , or you should choose visiting poltergeist if you are in fact a poltergeist channeling energy into a computer keyboard to deceive us into thinking you are a physical human ! ! :o :shameonyou:

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 4:49 pm

Then where is the option for the non-believers? I am not a sceptic because that involves a bit of doubts, I am an atheist who feels rather sure of his statement that there is nothing supernatural. I have no option I can really vote for here in this poll.

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)