Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 10:08 pm

LKL wrote:

Eyeahhhhh..... 'cause women never 'have' to work? 'Cause women don't take their jobs seriously? 'Cause, say, women doctors aren't real doctors, women managers aren't real managers, women bus drivers aren't real bus drivers?

I've been on WP for about three years, and despite all the times certain whiny men have claimed that women don't "really" have to work, I STILL have to pay bills and have a job to be able to afford food.

Where is this magic land where I can get scads of free money just for being a woman?

Quote:
You have no idea whats it's like to live in a world where there are no excuses allowed. Women can always slope off and make an excuse.

Wow. Someone's certainly led a sheltered existence........

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

woodster
Toucan
Toucan

05 Dec 2013, 7:40 am

xfilesgeek wrote:
Wooster wrote:
You have no idea whats it's like to live in a world where there are no excuses allowed. Women can always slope off and make an excuse.

Wow. Someone's certainly led a sheltered existence........

Well actually, the opposite. I've watched 20% of a female ships company come down pregnant when an armed forces ship was about to be deployed(to avoid a 6 month deployment), I've watched people come down ill with mental issues when a ships been operational, I've watched endless slacking when males never get any excuse.

I don't know what world you live in but armed forces frontline operational ships aren't sheltered. I had a meltdown through stress and I sat in a room and the meltdown was pushed inwards and when it was over i went back and carried on doing my 18-20 hour a day, 7 days a week job like nothing had happened.

There was so much female slack meanwhile it was beyond belief.

Any female here lived a more stressful life? I didn't think so. If I could manage being bullied, undiagnosed as, and operational service, I was the one with most the stressful existence on that ship and I didn't look for excuses.

Xfilesgeek, the most stressful thing you've ever experienced was probably some end of season cliffhanger. Talk about sheltered.

And lkl, back to you. I don't think there's any balance to your motivations at all. You are utterly agenda driven. You don't even comment, you pick apart peoples posts, most of which is completely doing everything u can and stooping low just to discredit the things people say. Come back when you have something to say for yourself beyond picking at technicalities.

You dared to say I cherry pick? That's your entire post style. Completely defensive posting and never exposing yourself for being picked apart yourself. Its completely cowardly.

Last edited by woodster on 05 Dec 2013, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 11:24 am

woodster wrote:

Well actually, the opposite. I've watched 20% of a female ships company come down pregnant when an armed forces ship was about to be deployed(to avoid a 6 month deployment), I've watched people come down ill with mental issues when a ships been operational, I've watched endless slacking when males never get any excuse.

Nope, you've led a pretty sheltered existence.

I saw plenty of "male slack" and "male excuses" in the military.

Quote:
I don't know what world you live in but armed forces frontline operational ships aren't sheltered. I had a meltdown through stress and I sat in a room and the meltdown was pushed inwards and when it was over i went back and carried on doing my 18-20 hour a day, 7 days a week job like nothing had happened.

That's called being an adult and having to earn money to live. You're not a special snowflake. Welcome to the real world that the rest of us live in.

Quote:
Any female here lived a more stressful life? I didn't think so. If I could manage being bullied, undiagnosed as, and operational service, I was the one with most the stressful existence on that ship and I didn't look for excuses.

Quite a little victimhood mentality you've got going for you. And stop whining and crying about having to do what most of the entire adult population of planet Earth has to do to survive.

Quote:
Xfilesgeek, the most stressful thing you've ever experienced was probably some end of season cliffhanger. Talk about sheltered.

Yeah, because being in the military wasn't stressful. Apparently, neither is working in EMS or having to support my physically disabled mother. Maybe when you get a little more life experience, you'll figure out that you're not the only human in existence that has to deal with "stress."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

woodster
Toucan
Toucan

05 Dec 2013, 11:36 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
woodster wrote:

Nope, you've led a pretty sheltered existence.

I saw plenty of "male slack" and "male excuses" in the military.

Quote:

That's called being an adult and having to earn money to live. You're not a special snowflake. Welcome to the real world that the rest of us live in.

Quote:

Quite a little victimhood mentality you've got going for you. And stop whining and crying about having to do what most of the entire adult population of planet Earth has to do to survive.

Quote:

Yeah, because being in the military wasn't stressful. Apparently, neither is working in EMS or having to support my physically disabled mother. Maybe when you get a little more life experience, you'll figure out that you're not the only human in existence that has to deal with "stress."

Darling, I've had a tougher existence than almost anyone u ever met. Try your dad renting your room out to prostitutes at 14. U know that scene in trainspotting, with the kid crawling around an addicts house, I've lived that. I've had to fend for myself for most of my life. Sheltered I'm not.

And no victim mentality, they're just examples of things I've overcome. They never even touched me.

You sound more tearful than any response I ever gave. I love how the exaggeration comes out in full force when all I ever did was coldly list my experiences. Why take everything so personally?

Last edited by woodster on 05 Dec 2013, 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 11:42 am

woodster wrote:

Darling, I've had a tougher existence than almost anyone u ever met. Try your dad renting your room out to prostitutes at 14. U know that scene in trainspotting, with the kid crawling around an addicts house, I've lived that. I've had to fend for myself for most of my life. Sheltered I'm not.

And no victim mentality, they're just examples of things I've overcome.

They never even touched me.

You sound more tearful than any response I ever gave. I love how the exaggeration comes out in full force when all I ever did was coldly list my experiences. Why take everything so personally?

Uh-huh.

And when you get a little more life experience, you'll eventually figure out that other people have to deal with "stress" and overcome problems just like you. You're not a special snowflake, kid.

You've just been a tad sheltered.

woodster
Toucan
Toucan

05 Dec 2013, 11:49 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
woodster wrote:

And no victim mentality, they're just examples of things I've overcome.

They never even touched me.

Uh-huh.

And when you get a little more life experience, you'll eventually figure out that other people have to deal with "stress" and overcome problems just like you. You're not a special snowflake, kid.

You've just been a tad sheltered.

Standard insult fare, did u even read my words? Where do I get life experience as it seems that 99% could never get it by your standards. Oh wait, that makes sense actually, only you have experience and no one else. okay, * wink*.

Initiative comes to thems that wait.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 11:50 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo[/youtube]

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 11:56 am

woodster wrote:

Standard insult fare, did u even read my words? Where do I get life experience as it seems that 99% could never get it by your standards. Oh wait, that makes sense actually, only you have experience and no one else. okay, * wink*.

Actually, you're the one claiming that your "experiences" are so much more illustrative of humanity than anyone else's.

I'm merely correcting your false assumptions.

woodster
Toucan
Toucan

05 Dec 2013, 12:02 pm

adifferentname wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo[/youtube]

That'd be funny if I didn't take the absolutely opposite tack for taking my experiences in general.

Like I said, they were experiences to overcome. I remember even as a child saying it was nothing and rubbishing it all. I joined the forces after my upbringing, that should tell you something.

Nice to post something and commit absolutely nothing to what's said though. I hope u aren't one of those middle class aspies whining u can't get a woman or make friends because I'll post this exact thing for you when I see it. I certainly never have, the times when I talked about not making friends i only asked for shared experiences out of interest rather than asking for solutions.

Last edited by woodster on 05 Dec 2013, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woodster
Toucan
Toucan

05 Dec 2013, 12:04 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
woodster wrote:

Actually, you're the one claiming that your "experiences" are so much more illustrative of humanity than anyone else's.

Not at all, you seem to be bringing emotions into it if anything. U said I was sheltered, I said no and here's my examples. Or was that too hard to grasp?

Or were you saying Id led a sheltered existence as a troll designed to elicit emotional response? I'm sorry I responded as if u were being serious.

Last person to post wins......

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 12:59 pm

woodster wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
woodster wrote:

Not at all, you seem to be bringing emotions into it if anything. U said I was sheltered, I said no and here's my examples. Or was that too hard to grasp?

Or were you saying Id led a sheltered existence as a troll designed to elicit emotional response? I'm sorry I responded as if u were being serious.

Standard insult fare. Anyway, you claimed your "experiences" meant that your life was so much harder than my life, any other female's life, or anyone that I know. I was correcting your false assumptions that you have the "hardest life ever."

Or was claiming that you're the only person who ever experienced "stress" just a troll ploy to elicit an emotional response?

Sorry if I responded as if you were being serious.

woodster
Toucan
Toucan

05 Dec 2013, 1:12 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
woodster wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
woodster wrote:

Standard insult fare. Anyway, you claimed your "experiences" meant that your life was so much harder than my life, any other female's life, or anyone that I know. I was correcting your false assumptions that you have the "hardest life ever."

Or was claiming that you're the only person who ever experienced "stress" just a troll ploy to elicit an emotional response?

Sorry if I responded as if you were being serious.

You do a lot of responding to what u want me to have said rather than what I actually said.

U know what, I probably have had a harder life than u. But maybe u miss when I put in little things to balance what I say. Or purposefully miss.

I do know females with tougher lives than me. How can I not given my experiences? The 80% that didn't get pregnant to stop being deployed as an example. My sister's, my cousins, endless other females I've met.

You could do with a little balance to what you say once in a while. You sound so much more like a person that's never found anyone u think had it harder than you.

You sound like someone that's led a sheltered existence.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 1:34 pm

woodster wrote:

You do a lot of responding to what u want me to have said rather than what I actually said.

Nope. I'm responding to what you actually did say. For example:

Quote:

Selective memory, much?

Quote:
U know what, I probably have had a harder life than u. But maybe u miss when I put in little things to balance what I say. Or purposefully miss.

I'm not going to go back and re-quote the entire thread. Anyone with half a brain can go back and re-read exactly what you said, including the part where you claimed you've had it "harder than almost anyone I ever met. ("Darling, I've had a tougher existence than almost anyone u ever met.")."

I've "met" plenty of people right here on Wrong Planet (including women) who could easily trump you in terms of traumatic life experiences, but I'm sure they've enjoyed hearing all about how your problems are so much more significant than theirs.

Quote:
You could do with a little balance to what you say once in a while. You sound such more like a person that's never found anyone u think had it harder than you.

I never claimed I had a "hard life" or that I had it "harder" than anyone. That's all you, buddy.

But we've apparently reached the point in this discussion where you're frantically backpedaling and pretending you didn't actually say what you said, so I'm going to leave it to any bystanders to read for themselves and come to their own conclusions. But thank you very much for taking time out of your hectic schedule to come educate us here at Wrong Planet that no one, no matter who they are or what they've experienced, has had a life as difficult as you. We all feel much better now.

Tootles.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 2:24 pm

woodster wrote:
That'd be funny if I didn't take the absolutely opposite tack for taking my experiences in general.

Like I said, they were experiences to overcome. I remember even as a child saying it was nothing and rubbishing it all. I joined the forces after my upbringing, that should tell you something.

That you should be grateful the armed forces disregard IQ tests?

Seriously, what genuine point do you have to make here?

Quote:
Nice to post something and commit absolutely nothing to what's said though.

The message was clear, but I'll make the perfectly reasonable assumption that you were too stupid to get it. For clarification, you were engaged in a childish pissing contest. For further clarification, a pissing contest about the relative difficulties one has faced are effectively a reversal of Ad Hominem when applied the way they have been here.

Oh, speaking of which.

Quote:
I hope u aren't one of those middle class aspies whining u can't get a woman or make friends because I'll post this exact thing for you when I see it.

Should I now lower myself to the level of providing you with a list of challenges I've overcome, or would you prefer we just take out our dicks and start measuring?

Quote:
I certainly never have, the times when I talked about not making friends i only asked for shared experiences out of interest rather than asking for solutions.

So what? You're saying you're better than everyone else because you don't know how to ask for help? You're too proud of your background, the childhood you ran away from, to entertain any notion of accepting advice?

Well here's some advice anyway. Flip back a page and you'll find the contributions that I've made to this topic. Now consider this. I don't feel that there is a general problem of sexism in modern society. Rather, there is a very specific problem - namely people like yourself. The extremists in this trumped up gender war all give their respective camps a bad name, and you, sir, are no exception.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 2:45 pm

adifferentname wrote:
woodster wrote:

That you should be grateful the armed forces disregard IQ tests?

Seriously, what genuine point do you have to make here?

Quote:
Nice to post something and commit absolutely nothing to what's said though.

The message was clear, but I'll make the perfectly reasonable assumption that you were too stupid to get it. For clarification, you were engaged in a childish pissing contest. For further clarification, a pissing contest about the relative difficulties one has faced are effectively a reversal of Ad Hominem when applied the way they have been here.

Oh, speaking of which.

Quote:
I hope u aren't one of those middle class aspies whining u can't get a woman or make friends because I'll post this exact thing for you when I see it.

Should I now lower myself to the level of providing you with a list of challenges I've overcome, or would you prefer we just take out our dicks and start measuring?

Quote:
I certainly never have, the times when I talked about not making friends i only asked for shared experiences out of interest rather than asking for solutions.

So what? You're saying you're better than everyone else because you don't know how to ask for help? You're too proud of your background, the childhood you ran away from, to entertain any notion of accepting advice?

Well here's some advice anyway. Flip back a page and you'll find the contributions that I've made to this topic. Now consider this. I don't feel that there is a general problem of sexism in modern society. Rather, there is a very specific problem - namely people like yourself. The extremists in this trumped up gender war all give their respective camps a bad name, and you, sir, are no exception.

:D :thumleft:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2013, 2:53 pm

I think that most of the people who post here have overcame tremendous obstacles.
Sheltered my ass.

Last edited by Misslizard on 05 Dec 2013, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.