Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

American
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2013, 2:12 pm

Mamselle wrote:
American wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
And when have Republican President's had a better record with honesty?

If you can compile a list of lies and instances of outright refusals to take responsibility for his own administration from a previous president as lengthy and egregious as the list for Obama, we can talk about that. And this: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/10/obama ... aspergers/

Are you kidding? :lol: Ever hear of WATERGATE, genius? How about Iran-Contra? Teapot Dome? Jeez, talk about ignorance ... sheesh!

Of course, I have. But those were scandals spread across different administrations. I bet even if you added them all together, Obama's presidency alone has more scandals--from Solyndra to Fast and Furious to Benghazi to the IRS scandal and the many scandals in between. Not to mention the lies and refusal to take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 3:13 pm

American wrote:
Mamselle wrote:
American wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If you can compile a list of lies and instances of outright refusals to take responsibility for his own administration from a previous president as lengthy and egregious as the list for Obama, we can talk about that. And this: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/10/obama ... aspergers/

Are you kidding? :lol: Ever hear of WATERGATE, genius? How about Iran-Contra? Teapot Dome? Jeez, talk about ignorance ... sheesh!

Of course, I have. But those were scandals spread across different administrations. I bet even if you added them all together, Obama's presidency alone has more scandals--from Solyndra to Fast and Furious to Benghazi to the IRS scandal and the many scandals in between. Not to mention the lies and refusal to take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.

Most of these things you've named off a relatively minor affairs, while Benghazi was a terrible tragedy in which the Republicans have callously exploited the deaths of brave Americans in order to score political points against this President. If anything, I think history will judge the Republicans for this much more harshly than for the Obama administration's initial mistaken rush to judgement about the who and why about the attack.

American
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2013, 3:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Most of these things you've named off a relatively minor affairs, while Benghazi was a terrible tragedy in which the Republicans have callously exploited the deaths of brave Americans in order to score political points against this President. If anything, I think history will judge the Republicans for this much more harshly than for the Obama administration's initial mistaken rush to judgement about the who and why about the attack.

Obama still will not tell us where he was and what he was doing during the Benghazi attacks or why no reinforcements were called. He is responsible for those deaths because of his failure, for whatever reason, to act as a reasonable president would under the circumstances. Then he knowingly lied about who attacked the consulate. Then lied about lying about it. He turned a blind eye on those "brave Americans" and he refuses to tell us the truth about what happened. That's "minor" to you? If any one is "exploiting the deaths of ... Americans in order to score political points" it is Obama. After the Newtown shooting, he exploited children in an attempt to pass gun control. He read letters from first graders as if the policy "arguments" of first graders should inform our gun laws and he had a bunch of children present with him on stage when he was promoting gun control. It was enraging and sickening to any human being with even the slightest sense of decency, one of which Obama is obviously not.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 3:56 pm

American wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Obama still will not tell us where he was and what he was doing during the Benghazi attacks or why no reinforcements were called. He is responsible for those deaths because of his failure, for whatever reason, to act as a reasonable president would under the circumstances. Then he knowingly lied about who attacked the consulate. Then lied about lying about it. He turned a blind eye on those "brave Americans" and he refuses to tell us the truth about what happened. That's "minor" to you? If any one is "exploiting the deaths of ... Americans in order to score political points" it is Obama. After the Newtown shooting, he exploited children in an attempt to pass gun control. He read letters from first graders as if the policy "arguments" of first graders should inform our gun laws and he had a bunch of children present with him on stage when he was promoting gun control. It was enraging and sickening to any human being with even the slightest sense of decency, one of which Obama is obviously not.

The notion that reinforcements could have been called in in time is a crock of s**t spouted by Republicans. The nearest reinforcements were on an aircraft carrier that would have arrived only hours later, and that is a fact.
And Obama was only responding with what the CIA had told him regarding who the attackers were - it was the CIA that later changed their initial story in order to cover their own backside.
And no, Benghazi was not minor - I was talking about the other so called scandals that you had brought up, which the Republicans had blown out of proportion.
And Obama used dead children to score points? How is remembering the most vulnerable of victims, and wanting to keep such a thing from happening again, exploiting a situation for political gain? I'd have expected Bush to have handled the situation the exact same way.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 4:20 pm

ruveyn wrote:
All presidents lie. Obama is given a pass because he is not white.

ruveyn

Some Obama supporters call his opponents racist,
It's racist for people to think that he'd be somehow better because of his skin color.

The people who should be in office have absolutely no interest in it, while those who absolutely shouldn't be in office are.
Politics are insane.

Diagnosed in 2005

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 5:50 pm

Obama is a terrible president and a serial liar; please, please try and call me a racist.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 6:02 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Obama is a terrible president and a serial liar; please, please try and call me a racist.

No, you're not a racist, but your political views are - to put it lightly - screwed.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 7:50 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Abraham Lincoln.

ruveyn

When they said "republican president" they meant republican as "modern day republican". Not as "all republican history, including the part of its history that was radically opposite to the current republican party.

American
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2013, 8:26 pm

Dox47 wrote:

There was a Rasmussen poll that found that 24% of Americans think people who oppose Obama's policies do so out of racism (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... _by_racism). I think the people who hold this view cannot understand how someone could dislike Obama for reasons unrelated to his skin color. They must think that he's so great and everything he does is so great that there is no legitimate reason to dislike him. Not everyone is capable of mature critical thinking. If these people had any substantive response to anti-Obama arguments, they would present those counter-arguments. I think the whole "you must be a racist if you don't like Obama because he's half-white" nonsense is used precisely because they have nothing else to say in response to obviously legitimate criticism of Obama.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 10:41 pm

Dox47 wrote:

You're probably not a racist per sae, but i genuinely wonder how much of the GOP-Tea Party racist subliminal speak has subverted your opinion of him.

Please, without refering to failures to appease right wing dogma, for what reasons is he a worse president than anything the GOP could bring to the table?

My deviant art profile

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 11:16 pm

American wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

There was a Rasmussen poll that found that 24% of Americans think people who oppose Obama's policies do so out of racism (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... _by_racism). I think the people who hold this view cannot understand how someone could dislike Obama for reasons unrelated to his skin color. They must think that he's so great and everything he does is so great that there is no legitimate reason to dislike him. Not everyone is capable of mature critical thinking. If these people had any substantive response to anti-Obama arguments, they would present those counter-arguments. I think the whole "you must be a racist if you don't like Obama because he's half-white" nonsense is used precisely because they have nothing else to say in response to obviously legitimate criticism of Obama.

While it's unfair to say that everyone who dislikes Obama is a racist, it's equally untrue that there aren't any racists in the Anti-Obama crowd.

American
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2013, 11:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
American wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

While it's unfair to say that everyone who dislikes Obama is a racist, it's equally untrue that there aren't any racists in the Anti-Obama crowd.

Maybe a very small percentage of people who don't like Obama dislike him because of his race. But the existence of those people is not the fault of anyone else who can think critically and pays attention to what Obama does. Furthermore, there are, by far, more racists in the pro-Obama crowd than in the anti-Obama crowd.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 11:36 pm

American wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
American wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Maybe a very small percentage of people who don't like Obama dislike him because of his race. But the existence of those people is not the fault of anyone else who can think critically and pays attention to what Obama does. Furthermore, there are, by far, more racists in the pro-Obama crowd than in the anti-Obama crowd.

You're not serious, are you?
And what racism among the Pro-Obama crowd?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 11:57 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Abraham Lincoln.

ruveyn

When they said "republican president" they meant republican as "modern day republican". Not as "all republican history, including the part of its history that was radically opposite to the current republican party.

I took it literally (of course). This is a Forum for Aspies and such like creatures, yes?

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2013, 11:59 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Abraham Lincoln.

ruveyn

I took it literally (of course). This is a Forum for Aspies and such like creatures, yes?

ruveyn

Of course - I personally get tripped up by my literalism all the time. :lol:

AutisticMillionaire
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2013, 1:03 am

Obama lies......oh stop the presses...lol. OMG they discovered only scumbags run for office... Shocker.....

I have a bridge to sell in Brooklyn, PM me to buy it....

"What do I care about law? Ain't I got the power?"
Cornelius Vanderbilt