Page 8 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

01 Jan 2014, 11:20 am

As a true egalitarian I despise everyone equally.


Does it not occur to anyone that there cannot be a solution to any of these problems ever?



puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2010
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,777
Location: Cottonopolis

01 Jan 2014, 11:47 am

Shau wrote:
I think both men and women should speak of each other with respect.


Yeah, I see respect as something that can be lost rather than needing to be earned. And only individuals can lose my respect, not enormous groups like 'men'.


_________________
Zombies, zombies will tear us apart...again.


ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

01 Jan 2014, 12:08 pm

With the Feminists, it does seem that a guy can dig himself into a hole, even unintentionally, really fast. Several pages already, to justify one word.

Some more quotes where the word "creature" is applied to people

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/creatures

Zoe Archer wrote:
“Men," she said rueful, "are the most absurd creatures on this green earth." "But there are camels," Gabriel pointed out. "Believe me," she answered. "I've taken camels into consideration.”


M.F. Moonzajer wrote:
Girls are very complicated creatures, they make you give up and then they say” I knew you would give up.”

Idealists are either blind or clowns; because they think it is possible to have a beautiful world with as*hole creatures like humans.

We are the most disgusting and obnoxious creatures; we can’t succeed, and we won’t let others too.


Bryant McGill wrote:
As creatures with a body, we should all be especially concerned about the quality of air, water and food we allow into our bodily vehicle.


Wendell Berry wrote:
We are working well when we use ourselves as the fellow creatures of the plants, animals, materials, and other people we are working with. Such work is unifying, healing. It brings us home from pride and from despair, and places us responsible within the human estate. It defines us as we are: not too good to work with our bodies, but too good to work poorly or joylessly or selfishly or alone.


Roman Payne wrote:
Women are extraordinary creatures!


http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywo ... ature.html

Mark Twain wrote:
Man - a creature made at the end of the week's work when God was tired.


Swami Vivekanaka wrote:
The Vedanta recognizes no sin it only recognizes error. And the greatest error, says the Vedanta is to say that you are weak, that you are a sinner, a miserable creature, and that you have no power and you cannot do this and that.


Robert Louis Stevenson wrote:
Man is a creature who lives not upon bread alone, but primarily by catchwords.


Abigail Adams wrote:
I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'


Honore de Balzac wrote:
A man is a poor creature compared to a woman.


Emma Goldman wrote:
It is essential that we realize once and for all that man is much more of a sex creature than a moral creature. The former is inherent, the other is grafted on.


Friedrich Schuller wrote:
All things must; man is the only creature that wills.


Eric Hoffer wrote:
Man is the only creature that strives to surpass himself, and yearns for the impossible.


George Orwell wrote:
Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits. Yet he is lord of all the animals.


Karl Marx wrote:
Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.


Eminem wrote:
I'm very much a creature of habit.


Samuel Johnson wrote:
There is nothing, Sir, too little for so little a creature as man. It is by studying little things that we attain the great art of having as little misery and as much happiness as possible.


Martha Graham wrote:
The body is your instrument in dance, but your art is outside that creature, the body.


Steven Pinker wrote:
Human evolution, at first, seems extraordinary. How could the process that gave rise to slugs and oak trees and fish produce a creature that can fly to the moon and invent the Internet and cross the ocean in boats?


Pearl S. Buck wrote:
The bitterest creature under heaven is the wife who discovers that her husband's bravery is only bravado, that his strength is only a uniform, that his power is but a gun in the hands of a fool.



The quotes go on, and on, and on, and on. I trust that I am satisfactorily exonerated, at least for this one imagined transgression against Feminist sensitivities.



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

01 Jan 2014, 2:48 pm

LKL wrote:
If we're hard to understand, it's because humans are complex and hard to understand, men no less than women.


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdO81D51J30[/youtube]



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,457
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

01 Jan 2014, 2:51 pm

Feralucce wrote:
As a male who is a gender equality feminist... Gender roles are complete and utter garbage.

Aside from the biology of the genders... the only differences between men and women are a result of culture. Meaning, that the differences between gender in our society only exist because we believe it to be so, and behave with gender roles as an expectation.

Sexism, of any kind, is wrong... as with separate, but equal, benevolent sexism is not any better...


Women and men are different, that's not saying they don't deserve equality or justifies sexism, you as an Aspie you surely realize your brain is different yet that doesn't mean you don't deserve the same respect as NTs, right? Or do you also think that the difference between Aspies and NTs is only cultural?

Scientific researchers wouldn't agree with you that only culture makes the differences between women and men, not only they differ in sex organs and chromosomes but studies after studies of all kinds, biological, physiological, psychological, neurological, MRA Scans... show how fundamentally women and men are different, even their brain structures are different, how things process in their heads are different, how they perceive things and emotions are different, the distribution of the average IQ scores differ (like verbal vs spatial). In fact, the neurological difference between women and men's brains is probably more obvious and significant than the difference between Aspies and NTs of the same gender.

Also, culture isn't an independent entity that has emerged from nowhere, it has emerged from our nature as human beings, have you ever wondered for example, why the historic Protective role of males was and still apparent in almost all cultures? Whether in Cowboy culture, through the French Marketeer and going as far to the Samurai? Because it simply stems from a biological reality: men are physically stronger and women became much physically vulnerable during pregnancy, that biological model is due to million of years of evolution as a species.

We can be egalitarian without denying scientific and biological facts.



jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,144
Location: The end of the northwest passage

01 Jan 2014, 5:21 pm

leafplant wrote:
Does it not occur to anyone that there cannot be a solution to any of these problems ever?


Really, when people make this argument or argue against calling out bigotry, it suggests that they don't like people challenging the prejudiced BS that they spew. I like the idea of making bigots uncomfortable.

If I misunderstood, and you meant the problem of people feigning ignorance with the aim of shutting down a discussion that threatens their belief in a just world for everyone else and persecution for people like themselves, then yeah, there's probably no solution for that. You can't make people examine their own minds.

Anyone reading the last few pages of this topic with an open mind should have no trouble figuring out who takes the discussion seriously and who just wants to act cute.



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

01 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
leafplant wrote:
Does it not occur to anyone that there cannot be a solution to any of these problems ever?


Really, when people make this argument or argue against calling out bigotry, it suggests that they don't like people challenging the prejudiced BS that they spew. I like the idea of making bigots uncomfortable.

If I misunderstood, and you meant the problem of people feigning ignorance with the aim of shutting down a discussion that threatens their belief in a just world for everyone else and persecution for people like themselves, then yeah, there's probably no solution for that. You can't make people examine their own minds.

Anyone reading the last few pages of this topic with an open mind should have no trouble figuring out who takes the discussion seriously and who just wants to act cute.


Actually, you can, if you know how. What you can also do is make them reach the conclusions that you would like them to reach. Would you like to have that superpower?

..

while you think about that

how exactly is the world just when anyone is persecuted in it?



jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,144
Location: The end of the northwest passage

01 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm

About the first part, do tell. About the second part, it makes sense for maintaining positive self-esteem therefore it doesn't have to make logical sense. Psychology, people! Even hyper-logical Aspies have logical inconsistencies in their thinking about their own attitudes and behavior.



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

01 Jan 2014, 7:11 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
About the first part, do tell. About the second part, it makes sense for maintaining positive self-esteem therefore it doesn't have to make logical sense. Psychology, people! Even hyper-logical Aspies have logical inconsistencies in their thinking about their own attitudes and behavior.


Whose positive self-esteem is being maintained and isn't it done at the expense of someone else's? In which case, what is just about that?

This is a situation where there always has to be someone losing out - hence my original comment. There cannnot be agreement (solution), ever. Unless we use a ray gun and make everyones minds think exactly the same thoughts - do you think this would be a just solution?



jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,144
Location: The end of the northwest passage

01 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm

Not everyone maintains their self-esteem in this manner.

I can't argue for any logic in the just world belief, I can only point out that the belief exists and note that it explains a lot.



Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,143
Location: New Orleans, LA

01 Jan 2014, 8:16 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Feralucce wrote:
As a male who is a gender equality feminist... Gender roles are complete and utter garbage.

Aside from the biology of the genders... the only differences between men and women are a result of culture. Meaning, that the differences between gender in our society only exist because we believe it to be so, and behave with gender roles as an expectation.

Sexism, of any kind, is wrong... as with separate, but equal, benevolent sexism is not any better...


Women and men are different, that's not saying they don't deserve equality or justifies sexism, you as an Aspie you surely realize your brain is different yet that doesn't mean you don't deserve the same respect as NTs, right? Or do you also think that the difference between Aspies and NTs is only cultural?

Scientific researchers wouldn't agree with you that only culture makes the differences between women and men, not only they differ in sex organs and chromosomes but studies after studies of all kinds, biological, physiological, psychological, neurological, MRA Scans... show how fundamentally women and men are different, even their brain structures are different, how things process in their heads are different, how they perceive things and emotions are different, the distribution of the average IQ scores differ (like verbal vs spatial). In fact, the neurological difference between women and men's brains is probably more obvious and significant than the difference between Aspies and NTs of the same gender.

Also, culture isn't an independent entity that has emerged from nowhere, it has emerged from our nature as human beings, have you ever wondered for example, why the historic Protective role of males was and still apparent in almost all cultures? Whether in Cowboy culture, through the French Marketeer and going as far to the Samurai? Because it simply stems from a biological reality: men are physically stronger and women became much physically vulnerable during pregnancy, that biological model is due to million of years of evolution as a species.

We can be egalitarian without denying scientific and biological facts.


1) My opinions are formed from psychological papers on the subject.
2) current physiological evidence shows no differences between male and female brain structures.
3) No, High Definition Fiber Tracking has revealed different physical structures in the NT brain vs. the Autistic Spectrum braine (I discuss this in depth in my "Care and Feeding of Your Aspie" at http://wayoutonthecorner.blogspot.com

I am, however, done with this thread... it has nothing to do with you, but with the trolling behavior of some, and the sense of shame and rage I feel at the words of males or our subspecies of human.

I am willing to discuss in a private message, but not here... lest I get myself banned for calling people on their misogynistic BS


_________________
Yeah. I'm done. Don't bother messaging and expecting a response - i've left WP permanently.


starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,032

02 Jan 2014, 2:35 am

awwwwwww, poor troll lost all his trollees hehehe



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,457
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

02 Jan 2014, 3:03 am

Quote:
2) current physiological evidence shows no differences between male and female brain structures.


But that's not true.



Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Oct 2011
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,734
Location: USA

02 Jan 2014, 3:20 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
Feralucce wrote:
As a male who is a gender equality feminist... Gender roles are complete and utter garbage.


No man has yet volunteered to gestate a fetus.

Feralucce wrote:
Aside from the biology of the genders... the only differences between men and women are a result of culture. Meaning, that the differences between gender in our society only exist because we believe it to be so, and behave with gender roles as an expectation.


If you live with boys and girls from birth onwards, they are just different. They would still be different, even if socially expected to be identical. This is probably due to hormones more than anything else. Transgender folks generally have to take hormone supplements to be like their new gender.


I would, but right now it's sort physically impossible.

There is much more difference between two individual boys/girls than boys vs girls as whole, countless cognetive tests have shown this. Yes, there are hormones that influence things, but 1. hormone levels very in individuals and 2. two hormones do not define a person.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
2) current physiological evidence shows no differences between male and female brain structures.


But that's not true.


But it doesn't actually mean that there is an inherent difference between mean and woman either, for two reasons. 1. Neuroplascity and 2. The fact the "differences" are not based on individual brains but summing up populations. Now, if you want to here something, studies have shown that there is less differences between the brains of male and females aspies, interpret that as you will.


_________________
Cinnamon and sugary
Softly Spoken lies
You never know just how you look
Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html


Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,143
Location: New Orleans, LA

02 Jan 2014, 3:48 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
2) current physiological evidence shows no differences between male and female brain structures.


But that's not true.


Okay... The information I have been reading states otherwise, but I am no longer interested in debating any of this.


_________________
Yeah. I'm done. Don't bother messaging and expecting a response - i've left WP permanently.


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,457
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

02 Jan 2014, 3:58 am

Ganondox wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Feralucce wrote:
As a male who is a gender equality feminist... Gender roles are complete and utter garbage.


No man has yet volunteered to gestate a fetus.

Feralucce wrote:
Aside from the biology of the genders... the only differences between men and women are a result of culture. Meaning, that the differences between gender in our society only exist because we believe it to be so, and behave with gender roles as an expectation.


If you live with boys and girls from birth onwards, they are just different. They would still be different, even if socially expected to be identical. This is probably due to hormones more than anything else. Transgender folks generally have to take hormone supplements to be like their new gender.


I would, but right now it's sort physically impossible.

There is much more difference between two individual boys/girls than boys vs girls as whole, countless cognetive tests have shown this. Yes, there are hormones that influence things, but 1. hormone levels very in individuals and 2. two hormones do not define a person.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
2) current physiological evidence shows no differences between male and female brain structures.


But that's not true.


But it doesn't actually mean that there is an inherent difference between mean and woman either, for two reasons. 1. Neuroplascity and 2. The fact the "differences" are not based on individual brains but summing up populations. Now, if you want to here something, studies have shown that there is less differences between the brains of male and females aspies, interpret that as you will.


While Neuroplasticity might explain some differences in adults but studies show that boys' brains develop differently in the womb due to testosterone exposure.

Why for example, toddler girls tend to speak earlier than boys? It is because of difference in neurochemicals and proteins in the brains at this stage.



Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 02 Jan 2014, 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.