Page 5 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,127
Location: Aux Arcs

30 Dec 2013, 11:04 am

Depends on the man.If a gay man says it women don't mind.The lady at the liquor store always calls me sweetie,I don't care.Sugarbuns is never a good choice.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,143
Location: New Orleans, LA

30 Dec 2013, 11:06 am

Quote:

Well, the deity did get in a big huff and flood the whole planet once.

Not according to the geological record... Mythology is not a valid argument

Quote:
Women are indeed mysterious creatures. It is impossible to fathom what that "mystical, nice-smelling collective" really wants sometimes.

There are two issues here... 1) There is no collective... they are individuals... 2) No... it is not... ASK THEM... they will tell you.

Quote:
Interesting metaphor. So, display nothing that could be construed as chivalry to a lady, or you are confining her to a cage?

Chivalry was the knights code in feudal europe... it portrayed women as inferior... so, yes... it is just as bad... Hell, by the laws of chivalry, a lord could have sex with one of his vassals on her wedding night... Screw chivalry... why not try respect for the individual, regardless of gender...

Quote:
Well, girls can play with erector sets, build robots, be video game designers, assistant directors, and ceos. You're making a big sexist leap there. Girls play with dolls because they like to play with dolls.

See... this is where experts will disagree with you.

Please answer the following question: Are you playing devil's advocate, or do you really believe what you've been typing?


_________________
Yeah. I'm done. Don't bother messaging and expecting a response - i've left WP permanently.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,127
Location: Aux Arcs

30 Dec 2013, 11:38 am

I didn't like playing with dolls,I liked playing with cars and toy horses.Dolls were boring,it was more fun to dig in the dirt.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,143
Location: New Orleans, LA

30 Dec 2013, 12:13 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Aha! So she does have a victim complex.


hell if I know... Didn't read the rest of her posts... I was setting aside the snide personal comments and concentrating on the truth of the matter...


_________________
Yeah. I'm done. Don't bother messaging and expecting a response - i've left WP permanently.


ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

30 Dec 2013, 12:39 pm

Feralucce wrote:
Quote:

Well, the deity did get in a big huff and flood the whole planet once.

Not according to the geological record... Mythology is not a valid argument


We were talking about mythology there.

Feralucce wrote:
Quote:
Women are indeed mysterious creatures. It is impossible to fathom what that "mystical, nice-smelling collective" really wants sometimes.

There are two issues here... 1) There is no collective... they are individuals... 2) No... it is not... ASK THEM... they will tell you.


http://www.e-reading.co.uk/chapter.php/ ... Greek.html

Zorba wrote:
Your honored self, boss, keeps teasing me and saying I'm too fond of the women. Why shouldn't I be fond of 'em, when they're all weak creatures who don't know what they're doing and surrender on the spot if you just catch hold of their breasts…


Feralucce wrote:
Quote:
Interesting metaphor. So, display nothing that could be construed as chivalry to a lady, or you are confining her to a cage?

Chivalry was the knights code in feudal europe... it portrayed women as inferior... so, yes... it is just as bad... Hell, by the laws of chivalry, a lord could have sex with one of his vassals on her wedding night... Screw chivalry... why not try respect for the individual, regardless of gender...


Okay. No special privileges for the ladies, then.

Feralucce wrote:
Quote:
Well, girls can play with erector sets, build robots, be video game designers, assistant directors, and ceos. You're making a big sexist leap there. Girls play with dolls because they like to play with dolls.

See... this is where experts will disagree with you.


What "experts?" Miss Lizzy disagrees with you.

Feralucce wrote:
Please answer the following question: Are you playing devil's advocate, or do you really believe what you've been typing?


I don't pretend to adhere to any particular ideology, Satanic or otherwise.



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

30 Dec 2013, 12:44 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Depends on the man.If a gay man says it women don't mind.The lady at the liquor store always calls me sweetie,I don't care.Sugarbuns is never a good choice.


But a heterosexual man, and out comes the pepper spray.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhnzIO5N30[/youtube]



Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,143
Location: New Orleans, LA

30 Dec 2013, 2:28 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
We were talking about mythology there.

No... you brought it into the conversation...

Feralucce wrote:
Quote:
Women are indeed mysterious creatures. It is impossible to fathom what that "mystical, nice-smelling collective" really wants sometimes.

There are two issues here... 1) There is no collective... they are individuals... 2) No... it is not... ASK THEM... they will tell you.


http://www.e-reading.co.uk/chapter.php/ ... Greek.html
Okay... one author... not a collective, still an individual... You were referring to a collective...



Quote:
Okay. No special privileges for the ladies, then.

No special privileges needed... just respect for all... regardless of gender.

Quote:
What "experts?" Miss Lizzy disagrees with you.

ACTUALLY, she proved my point. She didn't like playing with dolls. Which was kind of my point... toys are only gender specific because society states that they are.

ArrantPariah wrote:
Feralucce wrote:
Please answer the following question: Are you playing devil's advocate, or do you really believe what you've been typing?

I don't pretend to adhere to any particular ideology, Satanic or otherwise.

And still not answering the question...

Since you can't be bothered answer a simple question, and only respond with more intentional evasion ... I believe that I am wasting my time responding to trollish behavior.


_________________
Yeah. I'm done. Don't bother messaging and expecting a response - i've left WP permanently.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,127
Location: Aux Arcs

30 Dec 2013, 3:00 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Depends on the man.If a gay man says it women don't mind.The lady at the liquor store always calls me sweetie,I don't care.Sugarbuns is never a good choice.


But a heterosexual man, and out comes the pepper spray.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXhnzIO5N30[/youtube]

Depends.I've heard sweetie used by men and women as a term of affection.If I'm sitting at a table,and a man says,"pass the salt,hon,"I'm not likely to even notice that,because he would say that if I was 9 or 99.It has more to do with the tone of voice that's used.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

30 Dec 2013, 6:30 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It has more to do with the tone of voice that's used.


I suppose that how you say it can make a difference

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgAoGf84-3A[/youtube]



ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2012
Age: 116
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,972

30 Dec 2013, 6:40 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4xpPJgX0Nk[/youtube]



starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,032

30 Dec 2013, 6:59 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4xpPJgX0Nk[/youtube]


"There's a fine line between being a strong woman and being a difficult woman."

"Difficult" woman????

Do I need to explain to anyone why this is problematic?



Shau
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2009
Age: 160
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,270

30 Dec 2013, 7:44 pm

Difficult...problematic...

*Snort*

If I didn't know better, I'd have believed that word surgically chosen.



jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,144
Location: The end of the northwest passage

30 Dec 2013, 10:03 pm

This thread has turned into the best Christmas present ever for AP. Take a step back, people, and look under that bridge before you go charging across it. :roll:



starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,032

31 Dec 2013, 1:36 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
This thread has turned into the best Christmas present ever for AP. Take a step back, people, and look under that bridge before you go charging across it. :roll:


You're quite right, i should have known better. i certainly will in future.



Venger
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,519

31 Dec 2013, 3:12 am

I don't think AP is a troll. He just acts weird/silly often like a true person with AS should.



LKL
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jul 2007
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,402

31 Dec 2013, 6:06 am

Venger wrote:
Shau wrote:
Venger wrote:
Maybe she baited somebody into an argument today, and then tried to "play the victim". :idea:

Maybe someone automatically assumed she tried to play the victim because she's a woman.

Maybe someone observed a few of her posts on here, and came to the conclusion that she possibly has some sort of "victim complex".

Evidence, please?