Politically correct people stay out of my threads

Page 3 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 2:48 pm

Revenant wrote:
TheMachine1, I love you!

No, we're not entitled to have our own opinions in this forum so we better shut up all of us.

If your advocating for political correctness, then your opinions aren't really your opinions to begin with. Your opinions are driven by fear, away from balance and truth. You believe in political correctness because your afraid to think something that might offend someone else, even if it's true. Political correctness is a control mechanism much like religion or pop culture.
Political Correctness doesn't make you more "open minded" or "progressive" or "rebellious" or whatever you think it does, it damn sure doesn't make you a "free thinker" if that's your game. Because your just following a different group of people.
As I said, if you believei n political correctness, you have no beliefs, because theyr not yours. Your told what to think, your opinions are issued to you. Political correctness is not equality, it's just pampering minorities and demonizing the majority. Balance is equality.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 2:54 pm

Note, my last post was just under the assumption that I understood you correctly in that you were trying to make a case defending the legitimacy of political correctness. If you weren't then it's my bad, I misunderstood you.

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 3:39 pm

snake321 wrote:
Why should ***I*** feel responsible for what my ANCESTORS did though? I'm not sorry because **I** didn't do anything wrong. I never enslaved anyone, or raped women, or stole this land, or killed thousands of jews. I didn't do any of that stuff. Ahayes, you hit the nail right on the head.

but surely you do understand that you benefit from all of the behaviour that you mentioned?

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 4:58 pm

How? How am I benefitting from something that happened hundreds of years before my birth? Yeah, I'll admit men control the world financially for the most part (though women have power through sexuality), I'll agree that there is racism in the police departments against blacks, moreso against arabs, but I don't see how I am benefitting from slavery or from the rape of women, the most you might can say is that me living in America is a priveledge gained because my ancestors stole this land. But at the same time, I've lived here my whole life, if I hafta move then every single white person in this country should have to move.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 5:01 pm

Every group or sub-division of people, reguardless of minority/majority status, has contributed to the state of this world. Rather then try to fight about it, I think people need to take constructive criticism and work together to create balance.

Hazelwudi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 5:43 pm

snake321 wrote:
No because I use logic, if logic states that this is true or that is true, even if it goes against something that I am (white, male, aspie, whatever) I own up to my criticism. Political correctness means blatantly throwing out obvious logic (sometimes even scientifically prooven) to tell a lie so you don't offend someone. People just need to take criticism without feeling like theyr being attacked.

Do you take criticism without feeling like you're being attacked? Hardly.

More importantly, why do you apparently feel the need to constantly criticize things?

Is it to hopefully draw attention away from your own flaws by harping upon the flaws of others? If this is the case, perhaps you should focus on your own self-betterment and personal growth.

Is it because you find it fun to beat other people down? If this is the case, you're a bully and should be ashamed.

Is it because you enjoy verbal conflict every now and then? Trolling for brawls, are we? (I confessedly do this sometimes... but unlike you, I don't freak out when people respond by giving me a good brawl.)

I wonder.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 8:45 pm

Hazelwudi wrote:
snake321 wrote:
No because I use logic, if logic states that this is true or that is true, even if it goes against something that I am (white, male, aspie, whatever) I own up to my criticism. Political correctness means blatantly throwing out obvious logic (sometimes even scientifically prooven) to tell a lie so you don't offend someone. People just need to take criticism without feeling like theyr being attacked.

Do you take criticism without feeling like you're being attacked? Hardly.

More importantly, why do you apparently feel the need to constantly criticize things?

Is it to hopefully draw attention away from your own flaws by harping upon the flaws of others? If this is the case, perhaps you should focus on your own self-betterment and personal growth.

Is it because you find it fun to beat other people down? If this is the case, you're a bully and should be ashamed.

Is it because you enjoy verbal conflict every now and then? Trolling for brawls, are we? (I confessedly do this sometimes... but unlike you, I don't freak out when people respond by giving me a good brawl.)

I wonder.

No, I take criticism if it makes logical unbiased since, but you can't catch me on logic though because your stupid and ape-like compared to me. Yes I feel the constant need to criticize things because everyone is ass backwards. I have been focusing on my personal self growth and self-embetterment, this is why I'm smart enough not to follow tribalist BS like political correctness. And you call me a bully? Heh, more like I have integrity and I'll stand up for what is LOGICALLY and NON-BIASELY right. I don't need a label to tell me who I am or what I should think, I'm fully capable of CALLING THE SHOTS DOWN THE CENTER.
Dude nothing about hardly any of your ideas make a f*****g bit of since, your all thinking with your emotions and it's f*****g stupid. My s**t makes alot more since because I follow a system of actually CARING ABOUT THE TRUTH and allowing LOGIC to refferree emotions, something obviously many of you don't have the brain compacity to do.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 8:47 pm

I'll take criticism if it makes logical since, if it's not based off of a label-driven bias point of view.

Tha_Cat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Feb 2007, 8:48 pm

Wow. Methinks Hazelwudi hit a nerve.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2007, 10:00 pm

I apologize for loosing my temper but I don't change where I stand on the subject though.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2007, 5:30 am

I stand by my opinion that Political Correctness wasn't invented by people that believed in dignity, but by those who feel that they should not have to dignify.

Look at the words. It's insipid. It sounds like an insult to begin with. It probably was.

Then, some people that didn't get it, thought that's what it was. So businesses and governments started making policy like that.

The fact of the matter is, that people do take offence to things. Some words carry some pretty negative cognations to people. And the number of people well adjusted enough to be able to sit through calmly through them is pretty small.

And you know, it's pretty easy for me to imagine a room full of people calmly and casually talking about a person and how they're so deeply flawed because they are such. They would probably imagine they were quite courteous and respectful, and that how dare that person imply otherwise! They're being defensive and irrational!

As far as fear goes, I think that the power of 'political correctness' as laws is much exaggerated. As a social construct? It is infinitesimal compared to prejudice (though it becomes prejudice itself) I chalk the general hypocrisy and idiocy more as a product of petty and small people. It's not something inherent.

Really, I feel as though it is more 'politically correct' to hate political correctness than to go with it.

So I guess what I'm trying to say that I hate political correctness too, in the same way that I hate getting hit in the face with a hammer. It's arbitrarily the negative aspects of something else.

OA_
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2007, 6:11 pm

snake321 wrote:
If someone has a problem with facts, that's their problem. I don't run and hide from the truth. Truth=progress, skirting issues=coward.

Isn't there 3 types of 'truth'?

1. Yours,
2. Mine, and
3. The one in the middle(free from personal bias)?

Whose 'truth' should the 'truth' be based upon? Who decides? Does any truth have more validity than another? :-)

Political Correctness seemed to me, initially, to be a great way to try and help all people feel more at ease, by endeavoring to rid the workplace and society from ignorance & bigotry. How well it has worked is another matter, and sometimes I think these days it can be more harmful than helpful if words are not spoken, and only thought.
There is a way to state things with tact though, to get your points and views across without the need to belittle others - or so I'd like to believe.

Cheers ;-)

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2007, 6:21 pm

OA_ wrote:
snake321 wrote:
If someone has a problem with facts, that's their problem. I don't run and hide from the truth. Truth=progress, skirting issues=coward.

Isn't there 3 types of 'truth'?

1. Yours,
2. Mine, and
3. The one in the middle(free from personal bias)?

Whose 'truth' should the 'truth' be based upon? Who decides? Does any truth have more validity than another? :-)

Political Correctness seemed to me, initially, to be a great way to try and help all people feel more at ease, by endeavoring to rid the workplace and society from ignorance & bigotry. How well it has worked is another matter, and sometimes I think these days it can be more harmful than helpful if words are not spoken, and only thought.
There is a way to state things with tact though, to get your points and views across without the need to belittle others - or so I'd like to believe.

Cheers ;-)

The unbiased one isn't always in the middle.

OA_
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2007, 6:30 pm

snake321 wrote:
And I'm not being sensitive, I'm getting annoyed with pc people. You follow pc your a damn ret*d, it's that simple. Besides, your not being "open minded, or "progressive" or a "free thinker" or whatever you like to think, your just blindly following a different group than the jesus nazis.

I think the above comment is total rot - although you are certainly entitled to your views snake :-) What about the following view?

Being politically correct in situations that are sensitive, often gain better outcomes.
It can be used as a tool, its not necessarily a constant state of mind. Its a learned process, so it can be used when the person chooses.

Reminds me of that saying - 'You catch more flies with honey than vinegar'.

Using honey (PC) doesn't mean a person is less of a 'free thinker', or 'progressive'.
Quite the opposite.
If a person can use the tool of political correctness to gain betterment for all, then stop, and change tactics to suit the situation as it requires - like being blunt or direct and forceful, even hurtful to the other party if need be - couldn't that be seen as 'progressive thinking & action'? Using what you have learned in order to be more than the simple state of the information initially provided?

Cheers :-)

These forums are fun.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2007, 6:38 pm

OA_ wrote:
These forums are fun.

Until you recognize that you are going to have to debate over the same issues a thousand times over.

OA_
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2007, 6:40 pm

headphase wrote:

The unbiased one isn't always in the middle.[/quote]

I guess it depends who you're asking? :lol: