Overall, the left is more hateful than the right

Page 4 of 10 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2005
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,841

09 Jan 2014, 2:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Moviefan2k4 wrote:
American wrote:
Why do some (not all or even most) liberals so frequently accuse the right of being hateful and racist when the most severe and pervasive hatred and racism in American is produced by the left? I know some people here will disagree with me that the left tends to be more hateful than the right. I challenge those people to provide the five worst examples of hateful and/or racist speech from a prominent conservative or conservative politician within the last 20 years. Then I'm confident that I can provide five examples of hateful and/or racist speech from a prominent liberal or liberal politician that are much worse. I'm not trying to make people angry, I just really want to have this debate to see if maybe I am missing something in my assessment of the situation.
I don;t think you're wrong in the slightest. For every group like the Westboro Baptists on the right, there's five or ten like GLAAD, NAMBLA, and the ACLU on the left. Most of the mass media is controlled by the left, who share the common belief that equalizing everything - no matter how inherently separate - is the only way to having permanent peace. they'd rather everyone have terrible healthcare, for example, than any one group having it better than another...because equality's their highest aim.


Ah, so now GLAAD and ACLU = Westboro and NAMBLA.


I hardly think MBLA holds any political sway over the left - after all, who wants to be associated with pedophiles? - so the attempt to connect them with the left is absurd. And to do so is an attempt of the right to connect child molesters to gays.


Ja. And NAMBLA is definitely worse than Westboro. At least Westboro's just practicing their 1st Amendment rights; as I understand, a huge chunk of NAMBLA was engaged in child sexual abuse! In a way, the poster was trying to say the left is even worse than the right by doing that comparison.


_________________
I stand with our American citizens living abroad. We need to move to residence-based taxation.


Last edited by beneficii on 09 Jan 2014, 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,069
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

09 Jan 2014, 2:10 am

Yes, that is absolutely true.
For some reason that escapes me, the late Alan Ginsburg had joined Mbla, though I had never heard of him having been a pedophile. I like to think he hadn't indulged in that crime.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2013
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 977
Location: Texas

09 Jan 2014, 3:31 am

American wrote:
First, there is no such thing as "free will."
You exercised your own free will in responding to my post. No one forced you to do so.

Quote:
Second, even if there was, the "choice" to reject "Jesus Christ" is understandable because of God's many flaws. If God were a human being we would think "he" was irrational, crazy, and a heartless sociopath.
Based on what standard?

Quote:
If homosexuality is a sin, then God is the sinner because God made humans.
That's assuming He intended sexual anatomy to be combined in a specific way, which actually confirms His intelligence, not diminishing it. We just disagree on what combination He had in mind.

Quote:
If God gets upset with people for choices they make in the bedroom (as if God didn't have anything better to do--there's people starving you know) then God should have made people to not be that way.
How so?

Quote:
The whole religion thing is ridiculous.
Isn't that your opinion, based on the free will you say doesn't exist?


_________________
God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.


GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,139

09 Jan 2014, 5:22 am

Hmm, I've seen a few people mention the 2012 Republican Party Platform in this thread.

Last time I checked, the subjects on homosexuality and marriage in the 2012 GOP platform were (co?)written by Tony Perkins, President of the Family Research Council (FRC).
http://www.frcaction.org/washingtonupda ... -draft-day
http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/exc ... defends-tr

As we all know, The FRC is a congregation of individuals adamantly advocating interfaith outreach, respect and tolerance towards all, and - most importantly - non-discrimination towards the LGBT community.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Research_Council
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venkatacha ... ontroversy
http://web.archive.org/web/201004260529 ... ?i=CM10B11

By including such a prominent and uncompromising champion of civil rights in the drafting of the official policy paper of the Republican Party, the GOP has now effectively shattered any silly accusations of bigotry, prejudice and hatred levelled at the party.


_________________
Our comforting conviction that the world makes sense rests on a secure foundation: our almost unlimited ability to ignore our ignorance.

- Daniel Kahneman


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,888
Location: USA

09 Jan 2014, 6:37 am

GGPViper wrote:
By including such a prominent and uncompromising champion of civil rights in the drafting of the official policy paper of the Republican Party, the GOP has now effectively shattered any silly accusations of bigotry, prejudice and hatred levelled at the party.


They still oppose gay marriage, so the accusations will continue ?? :?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... -marriage/

The resolution to support the platform's "core values" was sponsored by Michigan Republican National Committeeman Dave Agema, who caused a stir when he recently posted an article to his Facebook page referencing the “filthy" lifestyle of homosexuals. Agema praised the committee Friday for reaffirming its stance on marriage.



beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2005
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,841

09 Jan 2014, 7:19 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
By including such a prominent and uncompromising champion of civil rights in the drafting of the official policy paper of the Republican Party, the GOP has now effectively shattered any silly accusations of bigotry, prejudice and hatred levelled at the party.


They still oppose gay marriage, so the accusations will continue ?? :?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... -marriage/

The resolution to support the platform's "core values" was sponsored by Michigan Republican National Committeeman Dave Agema, who caused a stir when he recently posted an article to his Facebook page referencing the “filthy" lifestyle of homosexuals. Agema praised the committee Friday for reaffirming its stance on marriage.


I think he was being sarcastic.


_________________
I stand with our American citizens living abroad. We need to move to residence-based taxation.


LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,888
Location: USA

09 Jan 2014, 7:29 am

beneficii wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
By including such a prominent and uncompromising champion of civil rights in the drafting of the official policy paper of the Republican Party, the GOP has now effectively shattered any silly accusations of bigotry, prejudice and hatred levelled at the party.


They still oppose gay marriage, so the accusations will continue ?? :?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... -marriage/

The resolution to support the platform's "core values" was sponsored by Michigan Republican National Committeeman Dave Agema, who caused a stir when he recently posted an article to his Facebook page referencing the “filthy" lifestyle of homosexuals. Agema praised the committee Friday for reaffirming its stance on marriage.


I think he was being sarcastic.


Oops. I was reading those links trying to find something positive .



Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,378
Location: Scandinavia

09 Jan 2014, 9:04 am

American wrote:
Why do some (not all or even most) liberals so frequently accuse the right of being hateful and racist when the most severe and pervasive hatred and racism in American is produced by the left? I know some people here will disagree with me that the left tends to be more hateful than the right. I challenge those people to provide the five worst examples of hateful and/or racist speech from a prominent conservative or conservative politician within the last 20 years. Then I'm confident that I can provide five examples of hateful and/or racist speech from a prominent liberal or liberal politician that are much worse. I'm not trying to make people angry, I just really want to have this debate to see if maybe I am missing something in my assessment of the situation.


Most so-called liberals aren't left-wing, but belong to the center-right. If you want a racist conservative, take a look at some of the stuff Rush Limbaugh has said. There are indeed racist Democrats out there, but their opinions do not cancel out those held by some racist Republicans.



Mamselle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2013
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 131

09 Jan 2014, 9:21 am

The right claims to be for small government ... until it's time to stick their noses into women's uteruses or gay couples' bedrooms.

I'm Jewish, but you don't see me advocating that it be illegal for anyone of any faith to eat pork because MY faith says not to.

You don't see me advocating to keep the federal government from recognizing Christmas as a holiday even though I don't celebrate it.

You don't see me advocating to keep women from being able to get abortions just because I'm old enough not to get pregnant anymore (or don't have a uterus at all--more men are visible "pro-life" advocates than women, what the hell's up with that?).

You don't see me advocating to stamp out heterosexual marriage because I support same-sex marriage.

The right seems to have a zero-sum way of thinking ... rights given to one group necessarily take away from another. That's not true.



Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,378
Location: Scandinavia

09 Jan 2014, 9:25 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
1. Right wing is against enviornmental laws, because they don't care about poor minority families who live near pollution


If I remember correctly, the US government mandated catalytic converters long before most European and Asian countries did. This reduces the VOC, the SO2 and the NOx outputs--all of which are far more harmful than CO2.

Quote:
2. Right wing is against government workers because they have contempt for the positive things government workers do.


Please explain.

Quote:
3. Right wing is against LGBT people, because they are haters, and this is how haters think.


When was the last time Penn & Teller, Ron Paul and John Stossel said something homophobic?

Quote:
4. Right wing is against immigration reform because they hate Hispanics.


Right-wing is not synonymous with The Minutemen and The Tea Party.

Quote:
5. Right wing is against welfare because they don't care about poor minority families.


Margaret Thatcher was pro welfare.

Quote:
6. Right wing is against entitlement programs because they don't care about poor minority families.


So why did the fundings for these programs expand significantly during George W. Bush?

Quote:
7. Right wing is against gun restriction laws because they don't care about inner city problems facing minority families, since they live in posh upscale neighborhoods.


Guns don't kill people; other people do. There's one illegal gun for every 9. person here in Norway, and as many households per capita with registered guns as there are in the US. If you ignore Anders Behring Breivik, murders are almost always carried out by stabbing, strangulation or blunt force.

Quote:
8. Right wing is against the right to abortion because they don't care about woman, especially minority woman.


There are different opinions about this among right-wingers. Most believe that a woman should have the right to an abortion in early stages of the pregnancy.

Quote:
9. Right wing is against "clean energy" because they don't have to live in poor polluted areas where minorites live.


Then explain why they're often pro nuclear energy, which only releases water vapour into the atmosphere.

Quote:
10. Right wing is against banking regulation .. well you guess it .. racism .. cause they want to let greedy ,selfish white people destroy the American Dream for minority families.


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/2 ... 07456.html



Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,573

09 Jan 2014, 9:29 am

GGPViper wrote:
By including such a prominent and uncompromising champion of civil rights in the drafting of the official policy paper of the Republican Party, the GOP has now effectively shattered any silly accusations of bigotry, prejudice and hatred levelled at the party.

LOLOLOLOL

"This token proves we are not bigots".

BUT DON'T DARE TO SUSPEND AN UNAPOLOGETIC BIGOT FROM TV CAUSE WE ARE GONNA MAKE IT OUR PARTY PLATFORM.

Meanwhile, this republican party that cares so much about civil rights, is pushing voter id laws that will effectively make minorities and women less likely to vote. Such unhatefulness, very civil rights.


_________________
.


The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,420
Location: Reading, England

09 Jan 2014, 9:34 am

Two posts in a row showing that autistic people don't understand sarcasm or irony.



beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2005
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,841

09 Jan 2014, 9:43 am

Kurgan wrote:
When was the last time Penn & Teller, Ron Paul and John Stossel said something homophobic?


What about that guy from Duck Dynasty?


_________________
I stand with our American citizens living abroad. We need to move to residence-based taxation.


sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2007
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,672
Location: Cleveland, OH (and not the nice part)

09 Jan 2014, 9:45 am

You ask for 5 specific examples:

Louis Gohmert, arguing that a hate crimes bill passed by Congress would lead to Nazism and legalization of necrophilia, pedophilia, and bestiality:

Quote:
If you're oriented toward animals, bestiality, then, you know, that's not something that can be used, held against you or any bias be held against you for that. Which means you'd have to strike any laws against bestiality, if you're oriented toward corpses, toward children, you know, there are all kinds of perversions ... pedophiles or necrophiliacs or what most would say is perverse sexual orientations.


Glenn Beck:
Quote:
When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining.


Pat Robertson:
Quote:
The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.


Ann Coulter:
Quote:
My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.


Mark Williams:
Quote:
Repeat after me: Islam is a 7th Century Death Cult coughed up by a psychotic pedophile and embraced by defective, tail sprouting, tree swinging, semi-human, bipedal primates with no claim to be treated like human beings or even desirable mammals for that matter.


_________________
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" -Nietzsche


zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2009
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,784

09 Jan 2014, 9:47 am

In my 40+ years...and of recent, the last decade....

For all the "evil" things coming from the "right," the "left" has done more, and often much worse, with FAR LESS outcry over it.

I call it the "bully factor." If you study the methodology of bullies, they learn the system, and THEY WORK THE SYSTEM. They will surround themselves with "friends" who will always back up their side of events. They beat you up in the school yard, and when you run to a teacher for help, they ALL say that YOU started it.

The "left" is brilliant at manipulating the press to make the "right" look bad at every opportunity...even when an objective evaluation of the facts shows that the "left" is in the wrong or just plain lying. Guess who the population at large tends to believe?

Both do dirty tricks, but even commentators who are considered on the "right" lament that their side is hopeless in working public relations as well as the "left" does. They could have the "left" with their pants down and in a puddle of their own urine and they don't strike to show it off to the world, but the "left" never hesitates to do the same to the "right" when the roles are reversed.

Tell a lie loud enough and often enough and eventually it becomes accepted as the truth. The "left" is much better at this than the "right."

Since humans are stupid as a group, the strategy works.