Maine Republican says beating his wife proves he is brave

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 11:59 pm

Sorry buddy, but when a man hits a woman the only thing it proves is that he is a coward. Even if a woman is hitting you, you should be able to protect yourself without hitting her, or you are no kind of man at all.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/01/04 ... ican-guts/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 12:47 am

If the Republicans actually put their support behind this guy, then they deserve to lose. You'd think there would be Republicans who'd know they'd be shooting themselves in the foot again if they don't speak up against him.

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 1:01 am

That's not what he said at all.

Have Republicans stopped saying stupid things, and now people have to make s**t up?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 1:03 am

luanqibazao wrote:
That's not what he said at all.

Have Republicans stopped saying stupid things, and now people have to make sh** up?

No, I'm pretty sure they're still saying stupid things.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Apr 2014, 1:07 am

Susan Collins has no serious competition in Maine, Republican or otherwise

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 1:11 am

Jacoby wrote:

I agree, but just the same, it wouldn't hurt for someone to speak out against this idiot.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 3:13 am

To be fair to this scumbag, those weren't his exact words. It's classic abuser speak though. I would say 99% chance he's guilty just by the way he's so self-righteously defending himself and making him out to be a hero. Sounds like a tool. (if that is the right slang, not sure)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 2:51 pm

I didn't know there even were any republicans in Maine.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2014, 3:00 pm

Quote:
. Even if a woman is hitting you, you should be able to protect yourself without hitting her, or you are no kind of man at all.

sorry i will not anyone man or woman assault me. there is something call self defense.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts ... n-265.html

Assault

266. Every one who commits an assault is guilty of
(a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years; or
(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction.
R.S., c. C-34, s. 245; 1972, c. 13, s. 21; 1974-75-76, c. 93, s. 22; 1980-81-82-83, c. 125, s. 19.
Marginal note:Assault with a weapon or causing bodily harm

267. Every one who, in committing an assault,
(a) carries, uses or threatens to use a weapon or an imitation thereof, or
(b) causes bodily harm to the complainant,
is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding eighteen months.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts ... ge-13.html

Defence of Person

Marginal note:Defence — use or threat of force

34. (1) A person is not guilty of an offence if
(a) they believe on reasonable grounds that force is being used against them or another person or that a threat of force is being made against them or another person;
(b) the act that constitutes the offence is committed for the purpose of defending or protecting themselves or the other person from that use or threat of force; and
(c) the act committed is reasonable in the circumstances.

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 3:15 pm

Oh, for God's sake. If a woman slugs you, or for that matter if a man slugs you, you don't start having a brawl; you get away, call a cop, and report the assault. Then you get a restraining order and, if there's anything to prosecute, you do what's called for and then go on with your life.

Anyway, yeah, there's a lot of guys like this running around now. They're all juiced up on a combo of MRA and evangelical Christianity, and unfortunately there always seems to be some poor dumb woman who doesn't know enough to steer clear.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 6:09 pm

tarantella64 wrote:
Oh, for God's sake. If a woman slugs you, or for that matter if a man slugs you, you don't start having a brawl; you get away, call a cop, and report the assault. Then you get a restraining order and, if there's anything to prosecute, you do what's called for and then go on with your life.

The cops are generally incompetent, intentionally or not. I would not put it past them to think you're a p*ssy and treat you as such if you call upon them over something like that.
A restraining order is only a piece of paper that in reality offers no protection. To prosecute you'd need good and willing witnesses to even think about getting anywhere with it. Just getting on with your life may not be that simple. Of the two, you're better off taking care of it yourself and not getting the law involved, if at all possible.
That's the world we live in......

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 6:25 pm

The article is koo koo.

Quote:
The fact that I have been jailed repeatedly for not agreeing to admit to something I didn’t do should speak to the fact of how much guts and integrity I have,” he said. “If I go to D.C., I’m going to have that same integrity in doing what I say, and saying what I do, when it comes to protecting people’s rights, as well as their pocketbooks

He saying he's innocent and willing to fight the system about it. Not that he's brave for beating anyone.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 Apr 2014, 8:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I agree, but just the same, it wouldn't hurt for someone to speak out against this idiot.

FWIW the Maine GOP Chairman Rick Bennett(no relation) already did back in December for posts he was making on facebook. Erick Bennett actually dropped out of the GOP primary last month to run as a independent but apparently wasn't aware of a state law saying you can't run as a independent if you weren't one on March 1st of the election year.

Saying that he thinks beating his wife "takes guts" or whatever is pretty messed up, that's as bad as the Shirley Sherrod stuff. He was saying that maintaining his innocence instead of admitting guilt and making it go away takes guts and integrity.