Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 7:26 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Max000 wrote:
Answer one simple question. If there is one true god, then why is belief in them, so geographical? An all powerful god should be able to make himself known to people all over the world at the same time.

Because he choose to do things the way he did. He has a will of his own.

What's the point? He gave the world the savior of all mankind and, whoops, forgot about the massive number of people currently writing about trickster coyotes and domestic violence between the moon and sun.

On a mostly unrelated note, I've read a lot of Native American lore and it's actually really creative and entertaining. There's a lot of Native American comedy actually, and a lot of it involves the aforementioned coyote character.

Are you Native American? My great grand mother was.

The tale of the Thunderbird is a much more impressive tale. Or the windigo, or the Native American Bigfoot.

Thunderbird, one flap of its wings, boom, the universe dies. Such power.

Not Native American myself, but I do live right smack in Big Foot central, the Pacific Northwest. 8) Big Foot I think is part of everyone's mythology in this part of the country.

Search *Wendigo* on Google Images.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 7:58 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Max000 wrote:
Answer one simple question. If there is one true god, then why is belief in them, so geographical? An all powerful god should be able to make himself known to people all over the world at the same time.

Because he choose to do things the way he did. He has a will of his own.

What's the point? He gave the world the savior of all mankind and, whoops, forgot about the massive number of people currently writing about trickster coyotes and domestic violence between the moon and sun.

On a mostly unrelated note, I've read a lot of Native American lore and it's actually really creative and entertaining. There's a lot of Native American comedy actually, and a lot of it involves the aforementioned coyote character.

Are you Native American? My great grand mother was.

The tale of the Thunderbird is a much more impressive tale. Or the windigo, or the Native American Bigfoot.

Thunderbird, one flap of its wings, boom, the universe dies. Such power.

Not Native American myself, but I do live right smack in Big Foot central, the Pacific Northwest. 8) Big Foot I think is part of everyone's mythology in this part of the country.

Search *Wendigo* on Google Images.

I'm actually a bit familiar with that particular beasty from Native American lore, particularly from what my Dad had told me (he loved myths and legends), and Stephen King's Pet Semetary.
Incidentally, I've written as of yet unpublished short horror story called In The Spirit Of The [i] [i]Wendigo. (Sigh), someday, maybe someday I'll figure it's good enough for submission.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 8:08 pm

I wonder what would happen if the Wendigo possessed the Thunderbird and made it attack an army of Scookooms? Mega Electro Zombie Death Bird vs A million cannibal Squatches! HA!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 8:19 pm

appletheclown wrote:
I wonder what would happen if the Wendigo possessed the Thunderbird and made it attack an army of Scookooms? Mega Electro Zombie Death Bird vs A million cannibal Squatches! HA!

Kool! 8)

Pobbles
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 8:47 pm

A poll about the J-man?

This reminds me of something rather silly that happened in Nicaea, a long, long time ago. :lol:

I'll abstain from voting, but I'd like to remind everyone that there very little reliable evidence when it comes to Jesus. Given that various Jesus-a-likes (eg Horus, Krishna) were written about before Jesus' (alleged) time, and that he was allegedly able to perform supernatural party tricks, it isn't likely that Christianity's Jesus existed at all.

I accept that there might have been a 'Jesus' born at the time of King Herod. He might have even been famous for being an outspoken pain in the arse to the Roman rulers, but son of God?

Requires too many fantastical leaps of imagination.