OLD news : Not another Massacre? (school) in the us.

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 11:53 pm

I don't get it…

Why? ...Is it because of the ease of finding a Gun?

Is it because the person is "labeled" from the start?

It's time that those with "conditions", fight back, and that does NOT mean
to get something that kills. You know the easiest way to fight back against
society… don't buy anything.

Yeah, I like doing things, but sadly if you ain't got the money you have to
do other things, like write stuff on the internet, or play a computer game…
all boring things to be doing.

Not having friends, or being alienated by "Normal" people, is a difficult existence.
Don't retaliate!

ie. The worst feeling for a typical person is not caring that they want to interact with you…

That is, just stare at them, keep your mouth shut, and stare.

True, as a person of society you really should do things as stated in the fashion of the time
for example, taking out the trash when asked too, or if possible try to interact with
real life people.

Some of the labels that I have to live with… and I do not deal with them.

*Lazy - and I mean ultra lazy
*Apathetic - I've watched me own property burning, and didn't care, I've even watched others
having their own demise around me and didn't care --> including my own family.
*Psychological conditions: Most of them, but its depression that's the main one.
*Unfit for society…yep I keep getting reminded, that I am unfit for society.
*Ugly…That one can hurt
*Beautiful… Its what I create… I loath my own creations sometimes I do-not understand why
it would be called beautiful.
*Your Boring, your boring me…I have heard it all before… why don't you just kill yourself; your reply should be OK - would you like to help? - Lets do it as slowly as possible and broadcast
it on Utube as a live stream…lets try and make it take years or even decades… Ie, never allow
your accuser the satisfaction of having you "Out of their lives" and forgotten… make them
have to deal with living with you.
*Your a genius: This one sort of seems nice, but it puts responsibility on your shoulders,
don't give away too much of your abilities to other people, especially the "leaches".
*Your a LEACH - I am planet earths most professional leach ever known, so please, do not
allow yourself to think that you are…note that a leach is also one that has had the comfort
of living a "good life", on the backs of those that are "labeled" around them. Ie. we are ALL
leaches - well maybe not a Quantum Mechanist or Doctor…but the rest of us are.

Note: I have been sent to the pysch ward on many an occasion … usually your supposed to find new
friends their, sadly I am so bad at making friends that I don't…So I am perpetually lonely,
what is worst, is when you are with others, and you still feel lonely - knowing that you are
"labeled" and different. ,there is something the "Normal" people do, that you and I seem to have
difficulty with, try to not care.

That really really strong feeling of wanting to end it now, and or to take some-one else with
you… hmm, it can be really hard to deal with, luckily there is always the TV, Radio, internet
forums, etc. Try and vent the feeling by "forgetting it" via new information , you never know
you may see something funny on TV and actually laugh.

and Laughter, yes it can be, one of the best medicines.

I know - the world is, cruel, and laughing in itself can be contrived as not caring - that is the
point, to not care, that to everyone around you you are a "burden", rather see it as, by you
being here as you are, you provide others around you with the feelings that you possess.

Solitudinarian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2014, 2:18 am

I'm glad that I live in a place where it's not considered normal and cool to own a gun, and where I couldn't get my hands on one even if I wanted to. There were dozens of times where I would have blown my own brains out without thinking twice about it, and at least two or three times where I would have been more than a little tempted to take a few bullies with me.

That might sound alarming, but I'm certainly not a psychopath. Aside from swatting flies, I've never intentionally hurt any person or animal. I'm a perfectly ordinary, clinically depressed victim of a lifetime of bullying, just like millions of others. So I don't think that I'm a danger to anybody or myself under normal circumstances (which don't include access to firearms imho). Therefore, I'd be quite insulted if anyone suggested that people like me ought to be locked away so that the rest of society can safely enjoy their killing tools. I haven't done anything to justify being imprisoned, and unless someone hands me an instrument of mass murder and destruction while I'm having a major meltdown, that won't ever change.

Besides, no country has the resources to preemptively imprison the entire neurodiverse portion of the population, along with every individual with anger issues. Even if that were possible, I'm not quite sure that the average, Homer Simpson-like neurotypical can be trusted with a gun any more than a mentally unstable person. He'll only shoot himself in the foot or leave the lethal instrument someplace where his children will find it. So yes, I'm pretty sure that it's really just the ease of finding a gun that is the problem, along with the general acceptance of guns as a perfectly normal consumer accessory and of killing people as an acceptable method of conflict resolution. (Even if the conflict was initiated by the shooter himself and the victim but a child, as in the Zimmerman case).

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 4:57 am

Here here!

I see this stuff on the news... it has happened once in my country ... so it's not entirely preventable (A Country which has little to no gun culture - even the underground do not care for them and use simple technology, ie fists)

I understand the whole "Heston" ideology ... but really , the world has moved ON --> it's BORING ... it's news we have seen over and over again ... another child, torn from the norms of society, with easy access ... does what , really ... they DID NOT WANT , I could easily dream of a life for each and every child that has done and ended themselves in such a manner ... a life where, over time, maybe just maybe they would have lived the life they were, and are jealous of (Typical Western, as depicted by mainstream : easily the ideal the typical human wants)

It could have been a life , where he/they became game programmers, or maybe just simple house cleaners ... really they aren't much different anyway :) ... and reproduced, with children of thier own .. or creativity of thier own.

Sadly whining about it is no good,,,,

I say flood the market with Plastic guns that blow up in your hand ((I can hear the slogan - blows up in your hands not in your enemy)): MandM Commercial,

--Even if a plastic gun is refined - they can easily be hacked into "crappiolla" condition, simply by subverting the manufacturing process.... Something maybe gun manufacturers should be thinking about when they create one ... ie advertise that they are the best , and just put your business out of existence with dodgy product ,,, s**t really who gives a stuff...

being smart nowadays, means you can do more damage with a TEXT book anyway. *Chemistry, Biology, Nanotech, etc" ...or just plain old politics right!

...and I am in the same boat : -> easily would have killed my whole family and many of my "friends" if I had a gun at me disposal...s**t I killed my mum without a gun (Pyschological).

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm

I think there should be some type of test to confirm that someone isn't a simpleton, a fanatic, a bigot, and/or a degenerate before they're allowed to have a gun permit. The problem is that, in many parts of the country, it would be hard to find someone to administer the test, who isn't at least one of those four things. The person administering the test would probably end up being either an Aspie or someone with a Ph.D; which, in some parts of the country, is about the same as having a 10th grade education in Massachusetts. It would never happen though, because it's usually the simpletons, fanatics, bigots, and degenerates who influence the government the most by making the most noise, while the rest of us sane people are just trying to find some peace in this very irritating world. I've given up hope on many the world's problems being solved in the near future. The world won't significantly improve until human nature evolves.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 6:03 pm

I hadn’t planned on getting into this thread, hoping it would die out very early, but that seems not to be the case.

Erlyrisa wrote:
I don't get it…
Why? ...Is it because of the ease of finding a Gun?

Is obesity due to the ease of finding a fork?

Solitudinarian wrote:
I'm glad that I live in a place where it's not considered normal and cool to own a gun, and where I couldn't get my hands on one even if I wanted to. There were dozens of times where I would have blown my own brains out without thinking twice about it, and at least two or three times where I would have been more than a little tempted to take a few bullies with me.

If you’d been intent on killing yourself, you would have found another equally simple way.

Mike1 wrote:
I think there should be some type of test to confirm that someone isn't a simpleton, a fanatic, a bigot, and/or a degenerate before they're allowed to have a gun permit.

It doesn’t and shouldn’t require a permit to own a gun in most of the states
It’s not illegal to be a simpleton, a fanatic, a bigot, or a degenerate.
Even if this was the law, many simpletons, and just about all fanatics, bigots and degenerates would put on a good show while being tested / evaluated. Once the permit is in hand, it’s back to being a simpleton, fanatic, bigot, or degenerate.

Solitudinarian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2014, 2:45 am

Trigger Warning: Depression, Suicide

Raptor wrote:
Solitudinarian wrote:

If you’d been intent on killing yourself, you would have found another equally simple way.

I happen to know firsthand that it's not quite as simple as people think. (Which doesn't mean that I'm suicidal or anything. I haven't been in many years). The methods that are reasonably quick and have a comparatively high chance of success can also go terribly wrong and leave the suicidal individual in a much worse situation than before. E.g., with permanent brain damage due to oxygen deprivation. Or quadriplegic because the building wasn't high enough after all.

Aside from that, other halfway reliable methods require some amount of research and planning, and of course an incredible amount of willpower. I think you'd be surprised how strong and visceral the human survival instinct can be even if the brain desperately wants to end it all. Clinically depressed people aren't exactly known for their willpower, nor for their motivation to carry out complex tasks that require a lot of planning and effort. It's much easier to stay in bed and stare at the ceiling than research knots and rope strength and travel routes that involve high bridges with low fences. What is not easier though is reaching into the nightstand and pulling a trigger, which can be done in the spur of a moment.

Guns make killing ridiculously easy. They're designed for this explicit and sole purpose. And unlike, say, a cyanide capsule — which we probably all agree shouldn't be sold in every drugstore — a gun also makes it ridiculously easy to carry out an act of revenge prior to a suicide. This idea has a terrible appeal, even for people who aren't suicidal in the conventional sense. Hundreds of thousands of years of intertribal warfare and clan feuds have turned us into very unusual apes who love the idea of dying for what seems like a righteous cause, such as a personal vendetta. I think very few modern humans would be crazy enough to go on a murder-suicide rampage with a knife or a sword, but a gun makes both suicide and killing sprees as simple as pressing a button. That's why I find comparisons between guns and knives, or between a gun and a length of rope, to be incredibly flawed.

Solitudinarian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2014, 3:08 am

Raptor wrote:
Mike1 wrote:
I think there should be some type of test to confirm that someone isn't a simpleton, a fanatic, a bigot, and/or a degenerate before they're allowed to have a gun permit.

Even if this was the law, many simpletons, and just about all fanatics, bigots and degenerates would put on a good show while being tested / evaluated. Once the permit is in hand, it’s back to being a simpleton, fanatic, bigot, or degenerate.

That's why prospective gun permit owners should not only have to prove their lack of documented anger issues and mental problems, their current sanity (such as their lack of political conspiracy theories) and their average or above-average intelligence, but also their actual need for a firearm. If a person lives somewhere in the sticks, somewhere with a long police response time and the occasional grizzly on the front porch, chances are that this person not only appears sane on the surface but also wants to own a gun for all the right reasons. The same cannot be said for a trailer park resident who seeks to kill some time by shooting empty beer cans or crows (killing animals should illegal without a hunting license anyway).

Last edited by Solitudinarian on 03 Feb 2014, 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 3:10 am

(Thread moved from news to PPR)

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

03 Feb 2014, 7:11 am

The are no more massacres or shootings in general now than there ever were and gun ownership is at all time high. The media just publicizes every one now to push its own agenda.

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 8:42 am

Solitudinarian wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Mike1 wrote:

That's why prospective gun permit owners should not only have to prove their lack of documented anger issues and mental problems, their current sanity (such as their lack of political conspiracy theories) and their average or above-average intelligence, but also their actual need for a firearm. If a person lives somewhere in the sticks, somewhere with a long police response time and the occasional grizzly on the front porch, chances are that this person not only appears sane on the surface but also wants to own a gun for all the right reasons. The same cannot be said for a trailer park resident who seeks to kill some time by shooting empty beer cans or crows (killing animals should illegal without a hunting license anyway).

The problem with your criteria of conspiracy theorist, is that the phrase pretty much describes what legitimate investigative journalists do; which involves testing, through evidence gathering, hypothesis about wrong doing (i.e conspiracy theories). "Conspiracy Theorist," also describes one of the effects of institutional analysis; which is that it enables you to identify the probable cause for a political wrong doing, without knowing much about the specific case. In other words, conspiracy theories are intrinsic to rational thought processes, and should not be taken as a sign of mental instability.

As far as a persons need for a firearm goes; In parts of the USA, guns represent a right of passage, and are central to identity. If liberals were smart, they wouldn't go after guns, as it just pushes gun owners further into the GOP camp, but would instead tackle the social issues which lead to gun violence. The liberal elite don't want to do this though, because they are some of the beneficiaries of the economic exploitation from which those social problems arise.

Solitudinarian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2014, 9:13 am

I was thinking of conspiracy theories that involve things like the so-called gay agenda and the wrath of angry Middle Eastern gods. Or the idea that the reptilian Illuminati use HAARP and chem trails to create hurricanes. Or the equally outlandish idea that zygotes harbor tiny little human ghosts called souls, and therefore women shouldn't have reproductive rights. I don't think that such fever fantasies are part of any thought process that deserves to be called rational. Give one of these lunatics a gun, and the next thing you know is they're shooting obstetricians while yelling "you killed your last baby, spawn of Satan!"

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 9:36 am

Solitudinarian wrote:
I was thinking of conspiracy theories that involve things like the so-called gay agenda and the wrath of angry Middle Eastern gods. Or the idea that the reptilian Illuminati use HAARP and chem trails to create hurricanes. Or the equally outlandish idea that zygotes harbor tiny little human ghosts called souls, and therefore women shouldn't have reproductive rights. I don't think that such fever fantasies are part of any thought process that deserves to be called rational. Give one of these lunatics a gun, and the next thing you know is they're shooting obstetricians while yelling "you killed your last baby, spawn of Satan!"

Yes. People who take David Icke, Alex Jones, and christian theocrats seriously often do not fall into the category of responsible gun owners. I think education is a superior solution to mass gun confiscation, though, for two reasons. One is that there will be positive political consequences for Democrats instead of negative ones, and two is that something needs to be done about the poverty, ignorance, and social darwinist mentality, without which the GOP would never win an election, and the public wouldn't view ostentatious gun fetishism as some kind of proxy for real political power.

Last edited by Stannis on 03 Feb 2014, 1:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 10:42 am

Raptor wrote:
I hadn’t planned on getting into this thread, hoping it would die out very early, but that seems not to be the case.

Is obesity due to the ease of finding a fork?

2. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Maybe, but people with guns kill many, many more people than they would if they didn't have guns, and guns designed to kill as many people as possible. We don't know if the murderer in Newtown was suffering from a suicidal depression, but many mass shooters in the past were. And guess what? People suffer from suicidal depression everywhere in the world. People get angry and upset everywhere in the world. But there aren't mass shootings every few weeks in England or Costa Rica or Japan, and the reason is that people in those places who have these impulses don't have an easy way to access lethal weapons and unlimited ammunition. But if you want to kill large numbers of people and you happen to be an American, you'll find it easy to do.

http://prospect.org/article/ten-argumen ... eyre-wrong

My deviant art profile

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 11:24 am

thomas81 wrote:
But if you want to kill large numbers of people and you happen to be an American, you'll find it easy to do.

Repeal the second amendment and then we'll talk - other than that you're just bloviating.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 11:35 am

thomas81 wrote:
2. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Especially when they're from certain countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... death_rate

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 12:15 pm

Solitudinarian wrote:

Trigger Warning: Depression, Suicide

Raptor wrote:
Solitudinarian wrote:

I happen to know firsthand that it's not quite as simple as people think. (Which doesn't mean that I'm suicidal or anything. I haven't been in many years). The methods that are reasonably quick and have a comparatively high chance of success can also go terribly wrong and leave the suicidal individual in a much worse situation than before. E.g., with permanent brain damage due to oxygen deprivation. Or quadriplegic because the building wasn't high enough after all.

Aside from that, other halfway reliable methods require some amount of research and planning, and of course an incredible amount of willpower. I think you'd be surprised how strong and visceral the human survival instinct can be even if the brain desperately wants to end it all. Clinically depressed people aren't exactly known for their willpower, nor for their motivation to carry out complex tasks that require a lot of planning and effort. It's much easier to stay in bed and stare at the ceiling than research knots and rope strength and travel routes that involve high bridges with low fences. What is not easier though is reaching into the nightstand and pulling a trigger, which can be done in the spur of a moment.

About all you'll get from reaching in the nightstand drawer and pulling a trigger is a hole in the nightstand and the wall behind it. Anyone dumb enough not to know how high of a structure to jump off of to promise success or how strong the rope would probably screw up trying it with a firearm.
Gun suicides have their failures, too. A gunshot is not absolute even if in the head or chest. One of my 11th grade teachers's daughter attempted to shoot herself in the heart but ended up living although paralyzed from the chest down. Others have pulled away at the time they pulled the trigger and severely wounded themselves. It's not like the absence of a handy firearm is going to cause the person to abort the whole thing, either. No household is without other means of suicide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_methods
"Two separate studies, in Canada and Australia, conducted in conjunction with more restrictive firearms legislation, demonstrated that while legislation showed a decrease in firearms suicide, other methods such as hanging increased. In Australia, the overall rate of suicide continued along an increasing trend, not decreasing until measures specifically aimed to provide support for those intent on suicide were implemented."

And way above all it's the desire and act of suicide that causes the death, not the tool.

Quote:
Guns make killing ridiculously easy. They're designed for this explicit and sole purpose. And unlike, say, a cyanide capsule — which we probably all agree shouldn't be sold in every drugstore — a gun also makes it ridiculously easy to carry out an act of revenge prior to a suicide. This idea has a terrible appeal, even for people who aren't suicidal in the conventional sense. Hundreds of thousands of years of intertribal warfare and clan feuds have turned us into very unusual apes who love the idea of dying for what seems like a righteous cause, such as a personal vendetta. I think very few modern humans would be crazy enough to go on a murder-suicide rampage with a knife or a sword, but a gun makes both suicide and killing sprees as simple as pressing a button. That's why I find comparisons between guns and knives, or between a gun and a length of rope, to be incredibly flawed.

I could say that your lack of knowledge in the use of firearms is astonishing but I’d be stretching the truth. I’ve been involved in countess threads on WP alone where people with considerable firearms experience, including myself, have methodically picked apart posts like yours piece by piece. Really, how far do you want to go with this?