Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 7:33 pm

Finally a church I may go to. I wonder if they make you commit to a certain number of months for attendance. I'd like to take my free gun and never go back.

Free guns

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn8D7cYVOjE[/youtube]

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 8:20 pm

"A 2nd Amendment Celebration?" More deception by the Conservative Party. This is just as surely a political manipulation by local Conservatives in an election year as peanut butter is an attraction for rats. Manipulative, church and politics. That church should immediately be removed from tax exempt status. Never mind the blatant hypocrisy of guns and church.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 8:31 pm

If their congregation is good with it then so what? I heard of a church somewhere hosting a gun show.
Most churches are conservative leaning, btw.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 8:40 pm

Raptor wrote:
If their congregation is good with it then so what? I heard of a church somewhere hosting a gun show.

This is a 2nd Amendment celebration in a church. How much clearer can that be, in an election year? It means nothing to me that most churches are Conservative leaning (if that is even a fact.) I do not recognize any example of "Christian" morality in Conservative political campaigns, and insidious as it may seem, this little get together is politically motivated. You still refuse to recognize the 1st Amendment while you bathe in the 2nd Amendment. This is a deceptive, manipulative tactic. Just another example of the unsanitary, deceptive methodology of Conservative politics. Especially in election years, Conservatives are like sewer dwelling rats.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 8:46 pm

I'll be more impressed when they have ammo to go with that.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 9:12 pm

khaoz wrote:
Raptor wrote:

This is a 2nd Amendment celebration in a church.

It's THEIR church. How many ways does that have to be explained?

Quote:
How much clearer can that be, in an election year?

Election for what? All we have this year is one for the senate.
The big election is in 2016

Quote:
It means nothing to me that most churches are Conservative leaning (if that is even a fact.)

I think it's safe to say that most of them aren't liberal leaning.

Quote:
I do not recognize any example of "Christian" morality in Conservative political campaigns, and insidious as it may seem, this little get together is politically motivated.
If the majority of the congregation is behind it then so what?

Quote:
You still refuse to recognize the 1st Amendment while you bathe in the 2nd Amendment.

I refuse to recognize the 1st amendment? How, by not wanting to suppress a gathering of a congregation to do what they want to do just because it offends some liberal? Give me a brake.

Quote:
This is a deceptive, manipulative tactic. Just another example of the unsanitary, deceptive methodology of Conservative politics. Especially in election years, Conservatives are like sewer dwelling rats.

Yeah, if you don't like it and the other party is doing it then it must therefor be deceptive and unsanitary.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 11:49 pm

cause the democrat party never has big events with free prizes during election years. :roll:

ugh

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 9:47 pm

We are just lucky the temple didn't hand out guns. That story about Jesus clearing out the temple with a whip might have played out very differently.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 12:13 am

I have no problem with the gun giveaway. I have no problem with celebrating the second amendment. But I have to ask, what does the second amendment have to do with the Christian message? My criticism is not based on my liberalism, but on my view of Christianity. This is another case of evangelicals crossing the secular with the sanctified.