http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11052868 ... ref=twtrec

My deviant art profile

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 1:51 pm

thomas81 wrote:

And the colours, they are fine...

And yet UKIP are vastly more popular than the Greens!

I don't see a problem with it. I'm very sure that no-one would be offended by the jokes there, which I thought were tame and quite boring. Are you really offended by them? They're lazy and as old as the hills.

Looking on YouTube, there were some very good speeches at the conference. Nice to finally see an interview with Joe Caruana, the head of Gibraltar's integrationist movement. :)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 1:53 pm

thomas81 wrote:

I don't see a problem with that either.

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 2:08 pm

Donna Edmunds wrote:
I believe that all business owners, Christian, Muslim, gay, straight, should be allowed to withhold their services from whomever that choose whenever they choose. It’s their business. Why should they be forced to serve or sell to anyone?

Get the tar and feathers! She's a menace to society!!

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 5:20 pm

Tequila wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

And the colours, they are fine...

And yet UKIP are vastly more popular than the Greens!

I don't see a problem with it. I'm very sure that no-one would be offended by the jokes there, which I thought were tame and quite boring. Are you really offended by them? They're lazy and as old as the hills.

Looking on YouTube, there were some very good speeches at the conference. Nice to finally see an interview with Joe Caruana, the head of Gibraltar's integrationist movement. :)

The fact that UKIP ride the coat tails of lower common denominator politics doesn't make them any more correct, it makes them coniving opportunists.

Also I'll have you know that the Green Party is the only parliamentary body that doesn't accept corporate donations.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 5:21 pm

luanqibazao wrote:
Donna Edmunds wrote:
I believe that all business owners, Christian, Muslim, gay, straight, should be allowed to withhold their services from whomever that choose whenever they choose. It’s their business. Why should they be forced to serve or sell to anyone?

Get the tar and feathers! She's a menace to society!!

Lets be honest, its not about equal treatment, given the context and timing of this statement, its directly aimed with a wink and nod against the homosexual community. Tequila can pinkwash as much as he wants, its disingenous to pretend otherwise. At least UKIP members like Ms Lewes and Mr Silvester are open about their bigotry.

My deviant art profile

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Mar 2014, 5:57 pm

I would suggest you stick to criticising UKIP's actual policy rather than desperately seeking bogeymen in the things their representatives say... but then, UKIP doesn't have any policy.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 10:51 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I would suggest you stick to criticising UKIP's actual policy rather than desperately seeking bogeymen in the things their representatives say... but then, UKIP doesn't have any policy.

People should focus on what their representatives say because these are precisely the ones vying for positions of public office.

Of course we should analyse it. We don't analyse it enough which is why we end up sociopaths, bigots, nepotists and nihilists in power.

My deviant art profile

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 2:43 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHKIMOgoJoU[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 5:55 am

thomas81 wrote:
Lets be honest, its not about equal treatment, given the context and timing of this statement, its directly aimed with a wink and nod against the homosexual community. Tequila can pinkwash as much as he wants, its disingenous to pretend otherwise. At least UKIP members like Ms Lewes and Mr Silvester are open about their bigotry.

A "pinkwashing" accusation from someone that supports a political/paramilitary movement that says that gays should be killed. Piss off.

Silvester was a Tory councilor (who had a history of making daft comments like that) who joined UKIP. No-one even cared that he made homophobic comments when he was a member of the Conservatives, but once he joined UKIP - whoosh! UKIP went through procedure and kicked him out shortly afterwards.

Consider Scotton, Pain, Kitson, Crampton, Gasper et al.

As for Edmunds: she shouldn't have apologised. The thrust of her comments was not bigoted.

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 7:23 am

thomas81 wrote:
Lets be honest, its not about equal treatment, given the context and timing of this statement, its directly aimed with a wink and nod against the homosexual community.

Ms. Edmunds describes herself as a libertarian, and everything she says in that article is consistent with libertarian principles. People of principle hold the same views in all contexts and at all times. Unless you have evidence you are not sharing, you are projecting a meaning onto her statements that is objectively not there.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 8:13 am

luanqibazao wrote:
Ms. Edmunds describes herself as a libertarian, and everything she says in that article is consistent with libertarian principles. People of principle hold the same views in all contexts and at all times.

Yes - she's simply saying that people must have the right to choose whom to do business with. The newspaper has tried to stitch her up with the headline, but her reasoning is precisely that.

If you like, a left-wing coffee shop would be free to refuse any service to right-wing people.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Mar 2014, 10:23 am

Don't you guys believe in freedom of speech? I know that isn't a right guaranteed to you but jokes by a comedian aren't something you censor unless you are a despot.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2014, 11:50 am

Jacoby wrote:
Don't you guys believe in freedom of speech? I know that isn't a right guaranteed to you but jokes by a comedian aren't something you censor unless you are a despot.

The hysterical left don't, no.

I'd tell most of the jokes myself, but they've all been heard of before.

Here's one that thomas81 will like. I don't agree with the sentiment but all the same...

Quote:
Unsure if you're at an EDL demo or a UKIP conference? Simply check to see if the floor is littered with beer cans or Werther's Originals!

I would have said a Liberty GB conference, but I bet those guys don't have more than about ten members.