Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 10:41 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
Er, no, I'm not implying NASCAR is racist, I'm just saying pro-wrestling - which also pretends to be a sport, but doesn't take itself nearly as seriously - attracts a wider variety of people who can appreciate skits that are down of racism and homophobia.

"Racism and homophobia, racism and homophobia, racism and homophobia", the cheapest parrot can be taught to say that over and over. Is there anything else in your vocabulary?

Quote:
As for Florida and Wisconsin - no, I'm not down on them. Rather, I'm down on the right wing mob that has taken over the state governments there, and have enacted draconian laws against the poor. By the way, Scott Walker looks like a cross between the leader of the Heaven's Gate cult, and a carnivorous python - and medicare fraud that he is, he fits with the personality of both.
Between the two states, they had 39 electoral votes for the democrats in the 2012 elections to Washington's paltry 12 votes.
With numbers like that why do you care what goes on within the state lines, not that anything really does? You don't live there but you'll still benefit from the electoral votes they bring to the national elections.
What's that old saying about not looking a gift horse in the mouth? :shameonyou:

I care about what's going on in those states - and others - because my fellow citizens are given a raw deal because they lack monetary or political power.

If they were given a raw deal, that is. Either way it's still 39 electoral votes. If FL and WI were red states but had no voter suppression issues, real or imagined, that's 39 for those evil republicans.

Quote:
And if I parrot homophobia and racism, the same thing can be said about you and gun rights.

Wrong there. I only bring it up when it comes up with few rare exceptions. One of which was in this thread in an attempt to show your boy sonofghandi the error in his ways. You toss racism and homophobia in at nearly every occasion as if they were synonymous with anything republican. The gun rights thing might be my strong point but it is not everything. I think my posting history is a testament to that.

Next...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 10:50 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
Er, no, I'm not implying NASCAR is racist, I'm just saying pro-wrestling - which also pretends to be a sport, but doesn't take itself nearly as seriously - attracts a wider variety of people who can appreciate skits that are down of racism and homophobia.

"Racism and homophobia, racism and homophobia, racism and homophobia", the cheapest parrot can be taught to say that over and over. Is there anything else in your vocabulary?

Quote:
As for Florida and Wisconsin - no, I'm not down on them. Rather, I'm down on the right wing mob that has taken over the state governments there, and have enacted draconian laws against the poor. By the way, Scott Walker looks like a cross between the leader of the Heaven's Gate cult, and a carnivorous python - and medicare fraud that he is, he fits with the personality of both.
Between the two states, they had 39 electoral votes for the democrats in the 2012 elections to Washington's paltry 12 votes.
With numbers like that why do you care what goes on within the state lines, not that anything really does? You don't live there but you'll still benefit from the electoral votes they bring to the national elections.
What's that old saying about not looking a gift horse in the mouth? :shameonyou:

I care about what's going on in those states - and others - because my fellow citizens are given a raw deal because they lack monetary or political power.

If they were given a raw deal, that is. Either way it's still 39 electoral votes. If FL and WI were red states but had no voter suppression issues, real or imagined, that's 39 for those evil republicans.

Quote:
And if I parrot homophobia and racism, the same thing can be said about you and gun rights.

Wrong there. I only bring it up when it comes up with few rare exceptions. One of which was in this thread in an attempt to show your boy sonofghandi the error in his ways. You toss racism and homophobia in at nearly every occasion as if they were synonymous with anything republican. The gun rights thing might be my strong point but it is not everything. I think my posting history is a testament to that.

Next...

Homophobia and racism aren't associated with the Republicans? The leaders of your party don't push that sort of agenda?
And incidentally, it was in Florida that people stood in line for hour after hour, even though many of the polling stations in their districts were closed down. As well, voting suppression in Wisconsin had been attempted, but failed, as people fought back against it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 10:53 pm

Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer mentioned Scott Walker looks like a python.
I won't eat snake,like you won't eat dog,no matter how succulent it looks.
I watched a doc on dogs being served as food in Asia,I don't recommend you watch it.I don't see any difference between my dog or snake,both would prefer not to be eaten.

Dogs are domestic animals with a long history of human companionship, rattlers are neither.
I used to joke that I wanted to try using of my dog's legs and make schweinshaxe with sauerkraut out of it.

My son swears the corgi was a meat dog,because of its fat hams. :D
I know the rattler isn't a usual family pet,but I don't kill them.Ive got a good number in the yard.Sometimes they even fight.You can get up real close and watch,they don't care.I would never hurt one because of my beliefs.Its really the best for keeping people from prowling around at night. :P If you want to eat snake,fine,but a pork chop is most likely tastier.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 11:28 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Homophobia and racism aren't associated with the Republicans?

And there are no homophobic and/or racist democrats?
I'll admit that there are more homophobes and racists in the republican party, but to imply the GOP is synonymous with both is hysteria.

Quote:
The leaders of your party don't push that sort of agenda?

Push it?! You are joking, right? :roll:

Quote:
And incidentally, it was in Florida that people stood in line for hour after hour, even though many of the polling stations in their districts were closed down. As well, voting suppression in Wisconsin had been attempted, but failed, as people fought back against it.

And this was for sure caused only by voter suppression and/or racism and the republicans were to blame?
I talked about this a few posts ago and you didnt have an answer to possible legit causes of polling facilities being closed. You only said that budgetary reasons were "crap" or something like that.
bTW: I'm noticing you're skipping over more and more of my points and questions and taking the easy ones. Even with them it's the same rhetoric over and over.

Miss Inuyasha yet? :P

Last edited by Raptor on 01 Apr 2014, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 11:33 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Kraichgauer mentioned Scott Walker looks like a python.
I won't eat snake,like you won't eat dog,no matter how succulent it looks.
I watched a doc on dogs being served as food in Asia,I don't recommend you watch it.I don't see any difference between my dog or snake,both would prefer not to be eaten.

Dogs are domestic animals with a long history of human companionship, rattlers are neither.
I used to joke that I wanted to try using of my dog's legs and make schweinshaxe with sauerkraut out of it.

My son swears the corgi was a meat dog,because of its fat hams. :D
I know the rattler isn't a usual family pet,but I don't kill them.Ive got a good number in the yard.Sometimes they even fight.You can get up real close and watch,they don't care.I would never hurt one because of my beliefs.Its really the best for keeping people from prowling around at night. :P If you want to eat snake,fine,but a pork chop is most likely tastier.

Gotta be careful about rattlers because they don't always give that telltale rattle as a warning.

Quote:
If you want to eat snake,fine,but a pork chop is most likely tastier.

But then the people that have Vietnamese pigs for pets will be up in arms!
BTW; rattlesnake and gator tail both have a fowl taste to them at least reminiscent of chicken.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 11:37 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Homophobia and racism aren't associated with the Republicans?

And there are no homophobic and/or racist democrats?
I'll admit that there are more homophobes and racists in the republican party, but to imply the GOP is synonymous with both is hysteria.

Quote:
The leaders of your party don't push that sort of agenda?

Push it?! You are joking, right? :roll:

Quote:

And this was for sure caused only by voter suppression and/or racism and the republicans were to blame?
I talked about this a few posts ago and you didnt have an answer to possible legit causes of polling facilities being closed. You only said that budgetary reasons were "crap" or something like that.
I'm noticing you're skipping over more and more of my points and questions and taking the easy ones. Even with them it's the same rhetoric over and over.

There was no legitimate reason why those polling places or licensing offices were closed, except to cut down on minority or poor voters who probably wouldn't vote Republican. If you're looking for a legitimate reason for closing these places, then I have to tell you, there were no real reasons, except to gain political advantage.
And I don't deny that there are racists and homophobes in the Democratic party, but the simple fact is, unlike their Republican counterparts, those individuals haven't been in positions of power since Lyndon Johnson's civil rights legislation, driving conservative Democrats into the arms of the Republicans. Racism might be more covert these days in the GOP, but homophobia is definitely overt policy, from refusing to grant gays job protection, to opposing gay marriage. There's nothing hysterical about it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 12:27 am

There is a consensus among herpetologists that rattlers are learning not to rattle because they will be killed.I took pics of this one a few feet away and they showed no aggression.
[img][800:600]http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u660/2lucky4snuffy/392071e84189b899ad77e41d5ad66986_zpse29cac12.jpg[/img]
My tablet did something weird and erased yet posted stuff.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 9:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
There was no legitimate reason why those polling places or licensing offices were closed, except to cut down on minority or poor voters who probably wouldn't vote Republican. If you're looking for a legitimate reason for closing these places, then I have to tell you, there were no real reasons, except to gain political advantage.

I would think that would be illegal as in a felony. I’d have a hard time believing they’d take that risk, even over a significant number of votes.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And I don't deny that there are racists and homophobes in the Democratic party, but the simple fact is, unlike their Republican counterparts, those individuals haven't been in positions of power since Lyndon Johnson's civil rights legislation, driving conservative Democrats into the arms of the Republicans.

The agenda of the GOP is racism, in other words? I can say a lot of negative things about the party and would like to see reform to bring it up to the 21st century but I’d feel a bit silly suggesting there’s enough racism or even homophobia to be significant enough to address.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Racism might be more covert these days in the GOP, but homophobia is definitely overt policy, from refusing to grant gays job protection, to opposing gay marriage. There's nothing hysterical about it.

And a lot of those states have voters that simply won’t go along with it and this may be the case for some time to come. Very few politicians are going to throw themselves on that grenade or any other issue like it if enough of their constituents are at odds with it.
That’s just politics and we all have our issues with how things are done in some states.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 11:32 am

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I would think that would be illegal as in a felony. I’d have a hard time believing they’d take that risk, even over a significant number of votes.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And I don't deny that there are racists and homophobes in the Democratic party, but the simple fact is, unlike their Republican counterparts, those individuals haven't been in positions of power since Lyndon Johnson's civil rights legislation, driving conservative Democrats into the arms of the Republicans.

The agenda of the GOP is racism, in other words? I can say a lot of negative things about the party and would like to see reform to bring it up to the 21st century but I’d feel a bit silly suggesting there’s enough racism or even homophobia to be significant enough to address.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Racism might be more covert these days in the GOP, but homophobia is definitely overt policy, from refusing to grant gays job protection, to opposing gay marriage. There's nothing hysterical about it.

And a lot of those states have voters that simply won’t go along with it and this may be the case for some time to come. Very few politicians are going to throw themselves on that grenade or any other issue like it if enough of their constituents are at odds with it.
That’s just politics and we all have our issues with how things are done in some states.

You would think it's a felony, but has that stopped anyone before?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 1:19 pm

/\ I'd want to know specifically how many and which voting districts in each state for a start and methodically go from there. That means putting our little hearts and emotions on the shelf and going at the task objectively.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 1:38 pm

Raptor wrote:
/\ I'd want to know specifically how many and which voting districts in each state for a start and methodically go from there. That means putting our little hearts and emotions on the shelf and going at the task objectively.

I'm pretty certain that has already been done by those more patient and dedicated than myself.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 7:54 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I'm pretty certain that has already been done by those more patient and dedicated than myself.

Who would that be and what were the results?
If there is and only if there is a *provable case for this accusation then I'd be in favor of a formal investigation and prosecution.

* Something evidence based that will fly criminal in court.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 10:37 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Who would that be and what were the results?
If there is and only if there is a *provable case for this accusation then I'd be in favor of a formal investigation and prosecution.

* Something evidence based that will fly criminal in court.

As a matter of fact, the Justice Department is convinced such laws are often illegal, and have cracked down on them.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 1:29 pm

Raptor wrote:
You toss racism and homophobia in at nearly every occasion as if they were synonymous with anything republican.

I would have to say that homophobia is definitely a plank in the Republican platform.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 1:48 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
Raptor wrote:
You toss racism and homophobia in at nearly every occasion as if they were synonymous with anything republican.

I would have to say that homophobia is definitely a plank in the Republican platform.

On that thought, do people who believe the above also believe that people who are religious can't possibly believe what they say they do because they are to stupid to think for themselves?

Why not just say sexism instead of homophobia?
I'm not scared of homosexuals! They are fine, they choose to do what they do so who cares!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 3:03 pm

sonofghandi wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Thank you. 8)