Do you identify with your gender - do you feel male/female?

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Do you identify with your gendered brain?
Strongly so 29%  29%  [ 9 ]
Mildly so 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Neutral 32%  32%  [ 10 ]
Mildly not 19%  19%  [ 6 ]
Strongly not 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 31

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 12:49 am

Still..dead center..precisely where it was last summer..

That is interesting..that everything else changed but that...

But i guess perhaps..that means that brain gender is more hardwired...

than reciprocal social communication difficulties..at least in some folks..like
me..where it seems environment was more responsible for that than innate potential....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 4:06 am

Well yikes on a pogo stick (Don' try to picture that - it's impossible to do so)!

My results:
-
Matching angles to angles:
Your score: 12 out of 20
Average score for men: 15.1 out of 20
Average score for women: 13.3 out of 20
-
Moving pictures around:
Your score: 29%
Average score for men: 39%
Average score for women: 46%
-
Right thumb on top/Left brain Dominant
-
Your empathy score is: 1 out of 20
Average score for men: 7.9 out of 20
Average score for women: 10.6 out of 20
Your systemising score is: 6 out of 20
Average score for men: 12.5 out of 20
Average score for women: 8.0 out of 20
OUCH! So... I'm all around succotash or can I blame low grades on my dog vying for attention while I was answering this part?
-
Reading Eyes:
Your score: 6 out of 10
Average score for men: 6.6 out of 10
Average score for women: 6.6 out of 10
Not surprised - it's multiple choice. In real life situations, there aren't 1 in 4 odds...
-
Finger Length:
Right Hand: 0.93
Left Hand: 0.95
Average ratio for men: 0.982
Average ratio for women: 0.991
*Snicker* So I really am an alien?
-
Faces:
Hulk Like Strong Jaw!
-
Identify Rotated Objects:
Your score: 12 out of 12
Average score for men: 8.2 out of 12
Average score for women: 7.1 out of 12
singing: *we are the champions*
-
Words that mean XX:
My score: 20 words total
Average score for men: 11.4 words total
Average score for women: 12.4 words total
singing:*of the woooooooooorld....
-
Divide money:
Why debate? I split it down the middle.
Momma always taught me one person splits the cake, the other one gets to pick first.
-
So...
I can decode 3d pictures, but not simple lines. I can read the eyes, but not the lives. I'm right hand dominant and left hand female ("Palmala" agrees). I'm a literary genius with words - at least when describing happy hippos, cheery mice, and gleeful pachyderms (with positive outlooks!). I can't organize squat - nor can I recognize another's disorders or disarray. And I listened to my mother's logic way too much as a kid. And still do.

And I'm okay with that.

I guess.

Ps: it's 5am and I haven't slept more than 6 hours in two days. Somebody knock me out?
-
Pogo.

By simply doing what they are designed to do something large and magnificient happens. In this sense they show us how to live; The only barometer you have is your heart. When you spot your flower, you can't let anything get in your way. - John Laroche

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 7:02 am

Cash__ wrote:
I identify as male. However, I don't understand the whole alpha-male machismo thing that most males do. It's a completely foreign concept to me.

This.
In fact, I find myself feeling distinctly uncomfortable when males around me behave in that fashion.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 7:38 am

Quote:
Angles
Your score: 17 out of 20
Average score for men: 15.1 out of 20
Average score for women: 13.3 out of 20

But I could get 20/20 if I did it again. The time limit made me anxious so I missed 3 at start. xD

Quote:
Spot the difference
Your score: 93%
Average score for men: 39%
Average score for women: 46%

It got nothing to do with "female brain" in this case. It is just my aspie brain and photographic memory. 60 seconds was more than enough to remember the image. I got it 13/14, missed one because my clicks changed the look of the image and I couldnt compare it anymore.

Quote:
Hands
Left thumb on top: This suggests the right half of your brain is dominant. Some studies theorise that as a right brain dominant person, you may excel in visual, spatial and intuitive processes.

Seem right.

Quote:
Emotions and Systems

Empathising
Your empathy score is: 2 out of 20
Average score for men: 7.9 out of 20
Average score for women: 10.6 out of 20

Systemising
Your systemising score is: 12 out of 20
Average score for men: 12.5 out of 20
Average score for women: 8.0 out of 20

Seem right.

Quote:
Eyes
Your score: 4 out of 10
Average score for men: 6.6 out of 10
Average score for women: 6.6 out of 10

90% of the eyes looked the same for me. my 4/10 is based purely on guess.

Quote:
Fingers
Right Hand: 1.08
Left Hand: 1.05
Average ratio for men: 0.982
Average ratio for women: 0.991

I see. I am an alien. :lol:

Quote:
Faces
Your choices suggest you prefer more masculine faces.

It is because I choose "female" in preferences (both genders are almost equally attractive to me). If I choose "male" I would get the opposite - more feminine faces preference.

Quote:
3D shapes
Your score: 9 out of 12
Average score for men: 8.2 out of 12
Average score for women: 7.1 out of 12

I am not happy. The time limit scared me again so I made a few guesses.

Quote:
Words
Your score: you associated 7 word(s) with grey and you named 5 word(s) that mean happy. We are assuming that all the words you entered are correct.
Average score for men: 11.4 words total
Average score for women: 12.4 words total

Looks like I am average.
Quote:
Ultimatum
If you had to split £50 with someone, you said you would demand £25

Fair. 50-50. This way they can't say I am greed and get angry.

Overall: 25% female score. But the test is not right in my opinion. I feel like a 25% male.

EQ 91

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 4:46 pm

I was born male, and I have never thought of myself as anything else. Never an Alpha Male involved in sports, or competent with the opposite sex growing up, but rather a nerd interested in comic books and action figures, I still always had a sense of my own masculinity.

cannotthinkoff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Apr 2014, 11:01 pm

So.. is neutral - one doesnt identify with a concept of gender, and strongly not one identifies with the opposite gender? Or neutral one is neutral with regard to this issue and is kind of ok with the assigned gender, and then strongly not is not ok with the assigned gender?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 12:38 am

Yeah, but I'll clarify

I don't believe gender to be monolithic.

Similarly there are guys who are human gorillas, some segments of culture consider that the only path of being authentically male. Were gentleman like Pythagoras, Virgil, or Plotinus inauthentically male? Hardly so.

I tend pensive/reflective for sure but that's not necessarily an unmasculine thing, nor is it necessarily an unfeminine thing these days - perhaps more of a third component to the mixture but one that doesn't in my honest opinion mute one's sexuality.

I said I identify mildly because - my physique, my secondary sexual charictaristics as well as the bate and tackle, they're part of the aesthetic that I have to work with. Considering that I'm focusing my life more on continually adding beauty from the standpoint of dignity and integrity to that aesthetic. Part of that is realizing that my nonverbal gestalt will follow my deepest beliefs regarding who I am and this backlights the physical in ways that either dignify or degrade it. Accordingly I aim for the more transcendent path of the two wherever I can find it.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 5:20 am

cannotthinkoff wrote:
So.. is neutral - one doesnt identify with a concept of gender, and strongly not one identifies with the opposite gender? Or neutral one is neutral with regard to this issue and is kind of ok with the assigned gender, and then strongly not is not ok with the assigned gender?

'Neutral' is don't feel gendered, be it male or female.

I went for neutral. I don't feel male or female, that is, neither masculine nor feminine. I look at other men, and I can only think that to be as they are I'd have to in some way feel 'male'. But, nor do I feel particularly 'female' or feminine. How I seem to others, how ohers may see me, is something else to consider. But, left to my own devices, I don't feel gendered.

I've been thinking about it a lot, especially from the interesting answers and that test, and will be writing and responding more later.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 5:38 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I went with neutral since I don't quite identify with either gender...I am physically female, but in a lot of ways I don't relate to other females but I don't exactly relate to males either its like mentally I am somewhere in between. I usually don't talk about it since I feel I've gotten ridiculed for it in the past.

I totally agree with this, that sounds like me.

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 9:57 am

For me, it really depends on the issue. For example, I have a very strong sex drive towards women, because I'm a man. However, I also tend to show my emotions a lot, which has long been associated more with women. I was raised in and around a family that's dominantly female, and the few male role-models I had were idiots. I wasn't taught to hide or deny my feelings, or that showing them makes men weak. So, when I see the typical "macho" types in the world, it seems very strange to me. I don't cross-dress or speak in a high nasal voice, but I do gesture quit a bit in conversation.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 10:07 am

I am what my genome says I am. I am XY. I never believed otherwise.

ruveyn

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 9:02 pm

I identify as male. I scored somewhat male on the test. I like ladies very much.