http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/10/f ... ive-study/

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 1:24 pm

An interesting sidenote.

The link within the link lists the following:

psychologicalscience wrote:
Indeed, participants who read that “White Americans are expected to continue to have higher average incomes and wealth compared to members of other racial groups” despite a majority-minority shift did not report more conservative attitudes, presumably because they did not perceive a threat to status.

I'm not even sure that's true.

Asian-Americans vastly outperform all other racial groups* in the US on education, and education is becoming increasingly important for income levels.

And White educational achievements have stagnated compared to other racial groups, especially for men.

From Pew Research:
Source: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20 ... en-behind/

*Except Jews. Since US Jews are routinely categorized as "white", removing them (low estimate: 1.7 percent; middle estimate: 2.6 percent; high estimate: 3.5 percent of the US population depending on definition) from the category will further depress the educational achievements of white Americans compared to other racial groups (since Jews are the top achievers in the White category). Including Jews in the White category may even be misleading when dealing with political questions, as US Jews tend to be among the "least" conservative voters in the US, even less so than atheists.

BraveMurderDay
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2014, 2:09 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if jews often vote for candidates and platforms contrary to ones they claim to. Many of them seem to get their rocks off misleading the general public and distracting them with shiny objects (i.e. sports, reality tv and movies).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 2:33 pm

BraveMurderDay wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if jews often vote for candidates and platforms contrary to ones they claim to. Many of them seem to get their rocks off misleading the general public and distracting them with shiny objects (i.e. sports, reality tv and movies).

Uh... why do you think that?

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 3:59 pm

I think the story has the words turned around. It should say that most Conservatives are white and the majority of those white who are Conservative are rapidly approaching the age of fossilization, set in their ways, stubborn, non compromising, unbending and defiant because they know their realm of power is coming to an end. The only way they can preserve power is to cheat and steal it. They only believe in the established voting standards in which majority rule, so they are doing everything possible to deny the rights of the opposition to vote, using any fabricated and embellished excuse necessary to steal what they cannot win honestly.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 4:11 pm

khaoz wrote:
I think the story has the words turned around. It should say that most Conservatives are white and the majority of those white who are Conservative are rapidly approaching the age of fossilization, set in their ways, stubborn, non compromising, unbending and defiant because they know their realm of power is coming to an end. The only way they can preserve power is to cheat and steal it. They only believe in the established voting standards in which majority rule, so they are doing everything possible to deny the rights of the opposition to vote, using any fabricated and embellished excuse necessary to steal what they cannot win honestly.

uh conservatives are for less government which is the opposite of what your saying also democrats were the ones who were pro segregation and slavery

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 5:12 pm

BraveMurderDay wrote:

How casual you are with your racism :o

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 5:32 pm

starkid wrote:
BraveMurderDay wrote:

its not racism its the hard facts

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 5:39 pm

BraveMurderDay wrote:

chris5000 wrote:
starkid wrote:
BraveMurderDay wrote:

Could both BraveMurderDay and chris5000 please elaborate on what they mean in their statements?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 5:49 pm

chris5000 wrote:
Quote:

Unless "many of them" have directly told you what their motivations are, your speculations are nowhere near being "hard facts."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 7:56 pm

chris5000 wrote:
khaoz wrote:

uh conservatives are for less government which is the opposite of what your saying also democrats were the ones who were pro segregation and slavery

That was in the south. And southern Democrats of old have since become Republicans in droves due to civil rights legislation supported by the modern Democratic party.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 8:18 pm

chris5000 wrote:
uh conservatives are for less government

You are badly misinformed.

Conservatives exposed: the myth of the "big government" liberal

Libertarians & Conservatives
Conservatives Also Like Big Government

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 9:50 pm

I have had imaginations of a neofascist dictatorship coming to power in America, which among other things would be anti-Latino (but not anti-black or anti-Asian; even so, whites would remain at the top of the hierarchy). The neofascist dictatorship would launch World War III by simultaneous invasions of Canada and Mexico, the invasion of Mexico "to finally finish the job the Texans and President Polk started." The U.S. would then invade other parts of Latin America, and deport the "too Latino-looking" people to there, but then the logistics would become unfeasible, so the neofascists would switch to extermination.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 10:16 pm

beneficii wrote:
I have had imaginations of a neofascist dictatorship coming to power in America, which among other things would be anti-Latino (but not anti-black or anti-Asian; even so, whites would remain at the top of the hierarchy). The neofascist dictatorship would launch World War III by simultaneous invasions of Canada and Mexico, the invasion of Mexico "to finally finish the job the Texans and President Polk started." The U.S. would then invade other parts of Latin America, and deport the "too Latino-looking" people to there, but then the logistics would become unfeasible, so the neofascists would switch to extermination.

Speaking as someone who's been referred to as a neofascist (considering the sources, I took it as a compliment :D ), I have to ask you just how that would even begin to take place.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 10:44 pm

Max000 wrote:

Thank you for the links - very informative.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 5:40 am

White Americans are becoming more conservative. They may be a minority, but they pay most of the taxes.

All political factions favor big government, no matter what they say. The National Debt is a tax at Interest.

Corporations pay political donations, and hardly any taxes.

White conservative views are smaller government, that is first funded to enforce the laws, and defend the borders.

Other ideas of what government should do come after the basics.

Government runs on kickbacks, bribes, and selling laws, or the non enforcement of laws. Just look at the Tax Code, if you have a hundred years.

Deporting the illegals would cause job reductions at ICE. A secure border would reduce Border Patrol numbers.

Government employees are a runaway growth sector. They vote for their jobs, and their benefits.

The parsites have parasites, since they regulate Oil Companies, BP missed monthly inspections for 27 months, so the name of the agency was changed. Tech companies spy for the NSA, and keep their profits offshore.

The bigger the government, the bigger the kickback. Treasury workers retire with pensions, then start on Wall St. where they have friends. Minerals Management leads to a Oil Company job in Government Relations.

It was Legal because it was done by Lawyers, getting Congress to pass laws making it legal.

The oil in the ground belongs to The People, but is sold for nothing by a Government Agency.

Norway gets 95% of their oil, now owns 1% of the world's stocks, and provides free education, health care, has no debt, and a lot of diverse income. They have no problem finding companies to extract their oil under strict rules, for 5%.

America has a few very well off public employees, rich oil companies, and are being taxed to pay for the cleanup.

Taxing Americans more is not going to work, Cutting Social Security is not going to work, so it is the Government and Millitary complex that has to take the coming cuts, and national resources, and finance, must fund the smaller government.

The Boomers are retiring, will demand Social Security, also own a lot of investments, which will reduce tax income, and cause higher payouts. Rising debt will not cover the next thirty years.

It is not a Political Conservative move, screw them, it is a realistic move, secure the future.

Neither government or business are any friend of the People.