What if Obama forged his Birth Certificate?

Page 4 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 10:59 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
You've more than adequately implied that republicans are racist when discussing the voter suppression issue.

I said those Republicans leaders who were behind voter suppresion were motivated by racism, I never said every American who votes Republican is a racist.

What, you're a mind reader? This is assuming there actually was intentional voter that was provable, which I'm still skeptical of.

You can't say that all Republicans are racist. But you can say they have a monopoly on racist voters ever since the Dixiecrats stopped being a thing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 11:09 pm

TheGoggles wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
You've more than adequately implied that republicans are racist when discussing the voter suppression issue.

I said those Republicans leaders who were behind voter suppresion were motivated by racism, I never said every American who votes Republican is a racist.

Kraichgauer
Phoenix
Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

What, you're a mind reader? This is assuming there actually was intentional voter that was provable, which I'm still skeptical of.

If enough proof were to be presented to you, would you accept the existence of voter suppression, and that it's racially motivated?
Raptor
Phoenix
Phoenix

New postPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
/\ We've already been over it..........and over it.........and over it......

TheGoggles
Phoenix
Phoenix

New postPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I said those Republicans leaders who were behind voter suppresion were motivated by racism, I never said every

You can't say that all Republicans are racist. But you can say they have a monopoly on racist voters ever since the Dixiecrats stopped being a thing.

Very good point! :D

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 11:32 pm

TheGoggles wrote:

Really? Lots of people admitted that they voted for Obama partly or entirely because he is black. That's racism too.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 11:33 pm

/\ Yes, I think it's safe to say that there are more racist republicans than democrats. Zippity doo dah. :cheers:
That does not mean that the majority of conservatives / republicans are racist.
It also does not mean that there are no racist liberals / democrats.
I'm not a racist. You should know that I'd be more than thrilled to tell you so if I were just to see the shockwave of total butthurt roll out across PPR. :twisted:
I'm not going to become a liberal just because there are more racists in the republican party then the democratic. I consider myself to primarily be a grassroots conservaive and not a blind supporter of the GOP. I think the GOP needs to be totally overhauled into something politically viable in the 21st century to better appeal to today's electorate.
I believe I've said all this before in one form or another but it's hard to tell people anything when their heads are in the sand.

Last edited by Raptor on 21 May 2014, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 11:33 pm

luanqibazao wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:

Really? Lots of people admitted that they voted for Obama partly or entirely because he is black. That's racism too.

Yes indeed it is!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 12:08 am

TheGoggles wrote:

Clearly, you've never brought up immigrants in a union shop before...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 12:52 am

luanqibazao wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:

So, were Irish Catholics who voted for JFK because he was one of them also bigots?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 1:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
So, were Irish Catholics who voted for JFK because he was one of them also bigots?

Yes, if that was their primary/only reason for voting that way.

Consider: Why is it "racist" for a white person to vote against Obama because he's black, but it's not racist for a black person to vote for him for the same reason? Either way it's a race based decision, and an intellectually honest/consistent person would have to condemn both equally.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 1:38 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes, if that was their primary/only reason for voting that way.

Consider: Why is it "racist" for a white person to vote against Obama because he's black, but it's not racist for a black person to vote for him for the same reason? Either way it's a race based decision, and an intellectually honest/consistent person would have to condemn both equally.

Because a white person voting against Obama on grounds of race is doing so for the negative reason of keeping an African American from office. A black person hoping to see one of their own in office has much more positive motivation. The accusation of racism hardly applies to the latter example.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 2:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Because a white person voting against Obama on grounds of race is doing so for the negative reason of keeping an African American from office. A black person hoping to see one of their own in office has much more positive motivation. The accusation of racism hardly applies to the latter example.

Uhh, I don't think that word, 'racism', means what you think it does.

Why is the hypothetical white voter trying to keep a black person out of office while the black voter is trying to install one of his own? Why is it not possible for the white voter to be supporting his own while the black voter is voting against the white candidate? Again, check a dictionary.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 2:26 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Uhh, I don't think that word, 'racism', means what you think it does.

Why is the hypothetical white voter trying to keep a black person out of office while the black voter is trying to install one of his own? Why is it not possible for the white voter to be supporting his own while the black voter is voting against the white candidate? Again, check a dictionary.

Because it's the thought behind it - blacks wanting to see their people, who have been constatly given the short end of the stick succeed is hardly negative, but the desire to see black americans kept a powerless underclass is. I don't know how I can possibly explain this more clearly to you when you choose to be obstinate.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 3:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Because it's the thought behind it - blacks wanting to see their people, who have been constatly given the short end of the stick succeed is hardly negative, but the desire to see black americans kept a powerless underclass is. I don't know how I can possibly explain this more clearly to you when you choose to be obstinate.

Ironic much? You're possibly the most obstinate person on this board, which is saying something, and you're arguing against the widely recognized definition of a word, which would take less than .5 seconds on Google to clear up for you. 'Racism' does not suddenly become not racist because you think the intentions behind it are good, it either is or it isn't. Your way allows you to selectively decide what is and is not racist according to what you personally think of the motivations behind it, which is convenient for you, but is not actually how things work.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 3:35 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Ironic much? You're possibly the most obstinate person on this board, which is saying something, and you're arguing against the widely recognized definition of a word, which would take less than .5 seconds on Google to clear up for you. 'Racism' does not suddenly become not racist because you think the intentions behind it are good, it either is or it isn't. Your way allows you to selectively decide what is and is not racist according to what you personally think of the motivations behind it, which is convenient for you, but is not actually how things work.

Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary definition of racism:

"A belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial difference produce an inherent superiority of a particular race."
While intent is not mentioned here, it's clear I was right by this definition in applying the tag of racism to those who oppose Obama due to racial prejudice, while the implication clearly is, those who support Obama because he's black, but not because of feelings of racial superiority or inferiority, clearly are not racist.
And if you and I are obstinate, that's only because we are both Aspies, and it comes with the territory. 8)

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 4:54 am

ruveyn wrote:
Obama was born to an American female in Hawaii. That makes him a natural born citizen. End of question.

ruveyn

The question is what if it is proved that that statement is false.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 5:05 am

gamefreak wrote:
Even if Obama's Birth Certificate was forged. How do you know that other presidents didn't have forged certificates.

People just make an issue of it because a]don't like Obama's middle man b) don't like his skin color c] his father was born in Kenya d] he's not a right-wing extremist e]all of the above

There was a basis to question Obama's birth certificate. There was ample evidence to demand proof.

To this day, he won't let people have access. The only "proof" came from the White House, and it has been debunked, but the talking heads have their "experts" on each side making the waters nice and muddy.

There is no question that he attended schools claiming to be Indonesian. He traveled to countries where you could not enter with a US Passport, and you can't have a passport for another nation unless you claim to be a citizen of that nation. There is reason to believe he attended college by claiming to be a foreign student, but those records are sealed, and we can't see them either.

He brought it upon himself. It wasn't "haters" who started it.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 8:36 am

Raptor wrote:
Yes, I think it's safe to say that there are more racist republicans than democrats. Zippity doo dah. :cheers:
That does not mean that the majority of conservatives / republicans are racist.
It also does not mean that there are no racist liberals / democrats.

^This