Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 12:15 pm

in Poland many Giminas (municipalities) use money from speed trap to make money?

I recently read that many times municipalities lower the speed limit and not tell anybody to catch in speed trap and force them to pay.

Recently I read that some angry farmer said that the municipal council "can go kiss his a...," he will write an application to the court to change the financial penalty to the penalty of imprisonment, Polish law allows for such a thing. He said that his agricultural parcel and so there is nothing to do, because it is winter. He got a penalty of 300 zł or some $ 84.

He said he is a wealthy farmer, said he can afford to pay it, but does not intend to. He calculated that a week of imprisonment, which lasted as much as that will serve the penalty if not paid, would cost state treasury to 2200 zł, said that since the f..ing politicians want to make money on poor people then go ahead, they will earn in 1900 in the red. He said he will glad to serve his time, and time without his wife would be like vacation in tropical countries for him :-)

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 1:08 pm

This has been happening in the USA for years.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 1:19 pm

Yep, it's about money. The traffic safety issue is only secondary.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 2:01 pm

Raptor wrote:
Yep, it's about money. The traffic safety issue is only secondary.

But what did you think about this guy about whom i read in newspaper (newspaper web page actually).
He said that he will not pay, he would rather serve time in jail, than pay :-)

He said he is doing it on purpose, because the cost of incarceration is greater than penalty ticket that he would have to pay :-)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 3:48 pm

There used to be a guy that would deliberately blow past those things while wearing a gorilla mask, then claim it wasn't him driving the car, since they couldn't prove it; the state spent thousands of dollars hiring investigators to try and catch him putting on the mask so they could prove it was him...

Another guy in Arizona, IIRC, simply went around shooting the cameras, then starting shooting the people sent out to repair them. Like Chris Rock on OJ, I ain't saying he shoulda shot those people, but I understand.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 4:01 pm

Here is something to consider. If taxes go down, the lost revenue must be replaced. I have seen new/increased fines and governmental fees dozens of times living in different places across the country in the budget year following tax breaks.

Just remember, when your taxes go down, there is a very big chance that you will end up paying more in the long run.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 4:19 pm

I liked the guy was opted that he want go to jail for a week because incarnation cost more than fine that he was need to pay, so he chosen to convert penalty ticket to jail time. He said he just want to spit on our Polish government that way.