speculation that aspo's started most world religions

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 4:15 pm

Thinking about the classic traits of the aspo
plus a theory that autism is caused by brain damage due to birth asphyxia / severe respiratory distress.

I considered that some of the rigid religions of the world may have been started by aspo.
I say this, as i figure, a 1000 years ago, birth asphyxia was likely more common, and perhaps autism was more common.

But also, consider the pattern of behaviour that most religions teach as being right:

Honest
Structured worship
rigid
structured rules
black and white thinking
any others?

Religious people please do not be offended
i am speculating

would be interesting or ironic if i am right
but perhaps this is part of the grand architects grand design for the universe

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 4:50 pm

I also speculate that brain damage caused by problems at birth may also be the cause for schizophrenia who may be the people who invented the other religions based on systems of magic/k.

Reference to schizophrenia and the magical thinking symptom. I.E. believing that you have magic powers or objects that can influence the real world in reality without any scientific evidence.

Ironic, i think that magical thinking can be excused in some cases for being based in cultural beliefs which may have been in invented by schizophrenics. Funny. if true. Imagine, people 5000 years later, to seriously practice a religion that may have been invented by a delusional schizophrenic 5000 years ago.

The same people, if they met the person who invented the religion, would probably run a mile or laugh their head off. What a world. And we have to put up with all their crap. Good Grief...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 6:58 pm

Doesn't sound plausible or historically informed.

Religious systems evolved out of animism as hunter-gatherer groups had to figure out how to live in cities, then deal progressively with rules, laws, societal upkeep, war with other city states, etc.. That's where the civic leadership and spiritual leadership pooled and where religion began to harden and codify into something symbiotic with the needs of the state.

As for mystical experiences people have been having them for likely millions of years and we'll likely continue having them until such a day that we manage to wipe ourselves off the face of the planet. The idea that it's a state of defect or inferior function that's the root cause of visions though seems really needy - it seems to imply that people can't have visions during peak performance or peak experience. I'm not even sure what to make of that; is that implying that there's no such thing as the human subconscious to occasionally jet up when someone's in a waking state or that when we dream we're going into a state akin to neurological dysfunction?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin