Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 10:10 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Who says I'm complaining?And I have my own living quarters and don't expect someone to provide me with that.I don't believe I have ever put a man down becuse of appearance.I certainly don't expect someone to wear a suit and look all GQ.
Nobody owes anyone sh**,if I cook a man dinner I don't expect him to present me with a diamond brooch.He doesn't owe me anything.Well I guess both sexes are owed respect,but that's it.

Nevermind, it's a thing with NK - all you have to do is drop an "X is not fair to women" and he'll practically cripple himself racing to the front with "but men!" Context doesn't really matter, and it doesn't matter whether you've said or implied anything about the treatment of men.

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 10:17 pm

starvingartist wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Maybe younger women are too outspoken about chest or body hair,I would never tell a man to shave body hair or facial even tho I'm not into beards.It's not my face,so I don't have a right to say anything about it.
Depends on where the man wears the mini skirt and red hair,doubt anyone would notice or comment in cities like San Francisco or New York. :D
This isn't directed just at men,no where does the article say "Hey men,shut up",I've heard women make really mean comments about how other women are dressed,their weight and hair.Girls in middle school were more likely to say something evil about another girl,boys just flipped a booger or a spit wad.Neither is pleasant,but the effect of the words lasts longer and hurts more emotionally than a spit wad.
For example an older woman I know has beautiful long hair,the other women in her age group told her she should cut it becuse it was too "young" a look for a woman of her age.On the other hand men would admire her hair and tell her not to cut it,it was so lovely.

i wouldn't tell a guy to shave, either. in fact, the last guy i dated shaved his chest and i kept telling him i hoped he wasn't doing it for me because i actually like chest hair, but he seemed to prefer it that way (hairless)--yet he would complain all the time about it itching. let's just say there is lots of pressure on everybody, men and women, to dress/look/act a certain way, and it's not fair for any of us. i think everyone should work on embracing imperfection and variety instead of concentrating on perfection and conformity, because perfection and conformity as goals are neither healthy nor realistic.

starvingartist, I find it's absolutely brilliant being my age, because nobody gives a damn what I look like. Not that they probably cared all that much before. But Jesus Christ, what wrecks people turn into as they cross from 40 to 50 -- not just from age and poor diet/exercise but from being in harness that long while raising kids. So long as I show up in human form with my teeth and hair brushed, and in clean clothes, I'm pretty much good to go. Also, having felt the ass of a 50something professor who spends a lot of time sitting in libraries, I know I've got nothing to apologise for. 8O

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 10:45 pm

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 1:40 am

^^ I wanna learn how to take off my clothes that spectacularly.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 11:58 am

Everyone is ruder and more suspicious of me when my hair is unstraightened and unbrushed. Perhaps I look like a pikey to them, or something.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 12:16 pm

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 12:41 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
The role of women living for men's expectations reminds me of an exchange between a television show moderator, and comedian Phyllis Diller:

Moderator: "Phyliss, what would the world be like with no men?".

Phyllis Diller: "You'd have a lot fat, happy women". :)

I don't know that males aren't the only ones who might judge woman on physical appearance, and females can be pretty nasty to each other if they want to.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 12:46 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
my younger sister, who is 14, cuts herself rather severely all over her body, but especially on her legs, and it shows. especially since she wears rather revealing clothes.
whenever my parents or a family member would bring it up she would try to justify herself saying that it's her body, and my father would tell her that since she lives in 'his' house she should abide by his rules and cover up.
regarding self-harm, is there a point when it's acceptable for others to intervene in peoples choices about their bodies? what is that point?

In that instance perhaps the parent of the child should help them, like get them in therapy and try and figure out why they are self harming, 'just cover it up' because letting it show is against the rules sounds like a pretty terrible way to go about it. That basically just gives the message 'oh yeah whatever you're in pain probably have some kind of mental issue and are cutting yourself to cope, I am not concerned keep doing it and actually hurt yourself for all I care...but at least cover it up so no one has to see' which well quite frankly is not going to help her with that issue. But yeah I think if a minor is cutting them self severely, the parents should do something to get them help so they don't severely injure them self or end up dead not just say 'well cover it up cause showing it is against the rules, would it be against the rules if she cut too deep and could die if she didn't have it 'covered up'?....though even if it was an adult living with parents if its a concern that they are in danger due to the self harm it might be a good idea to try and do something....but its easy to do the wrong thing or make it worse to.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 12:53 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
http://tubecrush.net/

Thanks. There's tons of men that look like them though...ordinary. *Shrug* A couple of them were cute though.

I think it's a bit wrong to just take photos of people without their knowledge though. I remember some ordinary looking man in a suit was trying to take photos of me with his phone. :? That's the only time I've ever noticed it anyway.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 3:50 pm

smudge wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
http://tubecrush.net/

Thanks. There's tons of men that look like them though...ordinary. *Shrug* A couple of them were cute though.

I think it's a bit wrong to just take photos of people without their knowledge though. I remember some ordinary looking man in a suit was trying to take photos of me with his phone. :? That's the only time I've ever noticed it anyway.

And I am entirely sure this website would be entirely shut down if the targets were women, the captions are even more objectifying than the non-consented pictures, like seriously how can this website can be even legal? :lol: .

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 3:57 pm

Misslizard wrote:
On the slip horn version of the penis.My ex was a home birth and never had his foreskin removed,didn't bother me one bit,something else to play with :twisted:He also had a goatee and a mustache,I never told him to remove them.Not going into it,but he didn't show me the same respect.I did not have my son "clipped" because that should be his choice.It's not that unusual in rural areas where there are home births for the male infants to be left natural.

That detail is irrelevant, almost half of the world standardize male circ en masse and it isn't as nearly demonized in the media, not even close, as the female circ like it should be.

Female circ is called mutilation by the media while male circ is a "medical procedure"; it is totaly legal to be done to male newborns in many countries.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 12 Aug 2014, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 4:01 pm

I don't think they should be allowed to do it to men either. I mean, privacy is privacy.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 4:16 pm

smudge wrote:
I don't think they should be allowed to do it to men either. I mean, privacy is privacy.

And it's a pretty active and popular site, the newest pics are posted today and you can see it has at least 74 pages, most of the pics I've seen so far are submitted by users with typically female aliases, so I highly doubt they are gay guys.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 4:18 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
On the slip horn version of the penis.My ex was a home birth and never had his foreskin removed,didn't bother me one bit,something else to play with :twisted:He also had a goatee and a mustache,I never told him to remove them.Not going into it,but he didn't show me the same respect.I did not have my son "clipped" because that should be his choice.It's not that unusual in rural areas where there are home births for the male infants to be left natural.

That detail is irrelevant, almost half of the world standardize male circ en masse and it isn't as nearly demonized in the media, not even close, as the female circ like it should be.

I read in some african countries they are making men circ themselves with rubber bands so as to reduce the risk of catching hiv.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 4:36 pm

lotusblossom wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

I read in some african countries they are making men circ themselves with rubber bands so as to reduce the risk of catching hiv.

Ouch.

Well, the removal of breasts reduces the risk of breast cancer too.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 5:18 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:

Check up on the term false equivalence.