Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 10:15 am

Just some art that tells who really is.
http://mic.com/articles/92651/18-empowe ... n-s-bodies

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 4:08 am

Is PPR the right forum for this? Im not sure whether you have a point to make or not. In my opinion women have a ridiculous amount of rhetoric directed at them which tries to control their image.

As a guy there is far more freedom sadly. Men can be masculine or effeminate leaders or followers. We can take either side of any given binary opposition basically. Women on the other hand tend to be criticised or mocked for taking one side.

I consider myself fortunate that I dont judge women on appearances nearly as much as most guys. I tend to find women with assymetrical or unique faces attractive. Like Natasha Khan aka bat for lashes. Imo she looks like an Aryan Indian era princess :P

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 10:11 am

It didn't seem to fit in L&D,I was thinking along the lines of how society pressures people to look a certain way.This encourages people to be themselves.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 10:21 am

The role of women living for men's expectations reminds me of an exchange between a television show moderator, and comedian Phyllis Diller:

Moderator: "Phyliss, what would the world be like with no men?".

Phyllis Diller: "You'd have a lot fat, happy women". :)

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 10:30 am

Both genders have expectations on how to look, and that's just how society is. There are bilogical reasons for why muscles are attractive in men, and biological reasons for why the smooth look is more attractive in women.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 11:22 am

Society doesn't really have the right to judge or shame a person because of hair color or hairy legs.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 11:38 am

Misslizard wrote:
Society doesn't really have the right to judge or shame a person because of hair color or hairy legs.

Everyone has the right to have an opinion about it, even though you can't legaly force someone to shave their legs either.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 12:04 pm

^But you know what they say about opnions :D
Men can also be judged on their choices,say a man likes flowery shirts,maybe something lacy.He gets made fun of because society thinks only women should wear things that are frilly.
When my daughter lived in Seattle my son made a trip to see her,he wears a cowboy hat regularly,people do around here.She was a jerk about it and told him he couldn't wear that in Seattle.She should not have shamed him over his choice of a hat.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 12:27 pm

The Patriarchy is, her body is the Patriarchys property! Just kidding the woman is, its her body her choice.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 5:38 pm

Misslizard wrote:
^But you know what they say about opnions :D
Men can also be judged on their choices,say a man likes flowery shirts,maybe something lacy.He gets made fun of because society thinks only women should wear things that are frilly.
When my daughter lived in Seattle my son made a trip to see her,he wears a cowboy hat regularly,people do around here.She was a jerk about it and told him he couldn't wear that in Seattle.She should not have shamed him over his choice of a hat.

With me that would have the opposite effect. I'd not only wear the damn thing but I'd make a show of it by acting particularly "country" around her when in public or just other people.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 5:48 pm

None of us told her to hide her dreadlocks when she visited Arkansas.She did complain that people stared.We missed our chance,she cut them off several years ago.Anyway the Valkyrie will be flying in this week.I hope her luggage doesn't go missing again,the last time I felt sorry for the people at the airport.She was almost frothing at the mouth over it.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 5:57 pm

/\ The Valkyrie?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm

^My daughter is a Valkyrie :D .Anyway,that's what I call her.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 7:19 pm

my younger sister, who is 14, cuts herself rather severely all over her body, but especially on her legs, and it shows. especially since she wears rather revealing clothes.
whenever my parents or a family member would bring it up she would try to justify herself saying that it's her body, and my father would tell her that since she lives in 'his' house she should abide by his rules and cover up.
regarding self-harm, is there a point when it's acceptable for others to intervene in peoples choices about their bodies? what is that point?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 7:27 pm

I'd be worried if my kids were cutting,the worry would be about their health,not that they are letting people see the cuts.
If I thought they were endangering themselves I would interfere.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2014, 10:11 pm

Misslizard wrote:
^My daughter is a Valkyrie :D .Anyway,that's what I call her.
Its true and she has a keen sense of hearing!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList