Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 4:26 am

when is this airhead going to learn to just keep her mouth shut? Who exactly is she talking to anyway? Who is so vapid as to give this woman credibility?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ogJjmgpLM[/youtube]

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 6:03 am

Sarah Palin is a self-professed 'redneck'. So her show may find an audience, since other 'redneck' programming such as 'Duck Dynasty', 'Honey Boo Boo', 'Moonshiners', 'Buckwild', 'Call of the Wildman', "Whites of West Virginia" are so popular.

The popularity of these shows is said to be because they relate to the rural working class people. I would also add that perhaps the airheadedness, vapidness you describe, actually gives it a folksy feel to which people can relate. She talks like a real person.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 8:13 am

I think much of what she says is pure marketing. Nothing more. She is trying to sell her online pay subsciption webshow channel. I'd rather spend that cash on Netflix streaming.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 8:16 am

sonofghandi wrote:
I think much of what she says is pure marketing. Nothing more. She is trying to sell her online pay subsciption webshow channel. I'd rather spend that cash on Netflix streaming.

I'd rather spend that money on ammunition to do other hillbilly things.
I like duck dynasty, but sarah palin? Nahhh.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 8:27 am

appletheclown wrote:
sonofghandi wrote:

I think she is still trying to ride on her 15 minutes that were up when she didn't become vice president. I find her somewhat entertaining. Someone who claims to be all country, then does some ridiculous upper crust BS. It is hilarious to hear her talk about "roughing it" then see the gear her family uses to go camping.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 8:33 am

sonofghandi wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
sonofghandi wrote:

I think she is still trying to ride on her 15 minutes that were up when she didn't become vice president. I find her somewhat entertaining. Someone who claims to be all country, then does some ridiculous upper crust BS. It is hilarious to hear her talk about "roughing it" then see the gear her family uses to go camping.

She needs to be on tv, I don't watch web shows unless it is something like epic rap battles or Youtube Poop:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJqwW-ivdlM[/youtube]

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 9:02 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Sarah Palin is a self-professed 'redneck'. So her show may find an audience, since other 'redneck' programming such as 'Duck Dynasty', 'Honey Boo Boo', 'Moonshiners', 'Buckwild', 'Call of the Wildman', "Whites of West Virginia" are so popular.

The popularity of these shows is said to be because they relate to the rural working class people. I would also add that perhaps the airheadedness, vapidness you describe, actually gives it a folksy feel to which people can relate. She talks like a real person.

" I would also add that perhaps the airheadedness, vapidness you describe, actually gives it a folksy feel to which people can relate. She talks like a real person"

^^^which is exactly the problem with the right wing and its voters. They enjoy and respect stupidity. And they allow stupid people to influence their vote, just because they can "relate to it." Given my background and how I grew up, I should be right in her demographic, along with that of Duck Dynasty and "Dr." Phil and the like, but I recognize that in the case of George Bush2 and some of these other shows, this "folksiness" is fake, pretentious and contrived with the implicit intent of manipulating voters. In Palins case, I don't believe it is fake. She really is an airhead. Clueless and manipulative. Just like Paula Deen, who is also coming back with her own tv network, and I bet she finds a way to use her network to make a political statement and not just go back to cooking as she did before.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 9:13 am

khaoz wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

" I would also add that perhaps the airheadedness, vapidness you describe, actually gives it a folksy feel to which people can relate. She talks like a real person"

^^^which is exactly the problem with the right wing and its voters. They enjoy and respect stupidity. And they allow stupid people to influence their vote, just because they can "relate to it." Given my background and how I grew up, I should be right in her demographic, along with that of Duck Dynasty and "Dr." Phil and the like, but I recognize that in the case of George Bush2 and some of these other shows, this "folksiness" is fake, pretentious and contrived with the implicit intent of manipulating voters. In Palins case, I don't believe it is fake. She really is an airhead. Clueless and manipulative. Just like Paula Deen, who is also coming back with her own tv network, and I bet she finds a way to use her network to make a political statement and not just go back to cooking as she did before.

Why so serious? You looking at us the wrong way. Duck Dynasty isn't stupidity, but Youtube Poop is, and we recognize it as such when appropriate. You need to chill.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 10:06 am

Why so serious? Because these dumbass shows use their popularity with the vapid class to influence peoples votes and opinions on social issues. These use ignorance, or the facade of ignorance, to manipulate people who are totally clueless.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 10:16 am

:roll:
No one's being forced to watch Sarah Palin videos for Pete's sake......

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 11:39 am

Yes, liberals know that fast food is bad for you and that public policy should encourage the end of "food deserts" in urban areas, because it causes obesity. However, people also have to work, and fast food is a legal occupation, so they should be able to organize and be paid a living wage.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 12:36 pm

Raptor wrote:

People who watch and admire Palin don't have the ability to make the decision. She would be like crack to her audience. She knows her audience and knows how to manipulate their uninformed minds. I bet she gets the same sponsors that people like Beck and Alex Jones use. She is afraid of questions that any 8th grade student would handle with ease. She is just empty. I am surrounded by people who worship her. And they are addicted to all the other superficial forms of entertainment she mimics.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 12:48 pm

I hope she gets mauled by wolves in the Alaskan wilderness.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 12:52 pm

khaoz wrote:
Raptor wrote:

People who watch and admire Palin don't have the ability to make the decision. She would be like crack to her audience. She knows her audience and knows how to manipulate their uninformed minds. I bet she gets the same sponsors that people like Beck and Alex Jones use. She is afraid of questions that any 8th grade student would handle with ease. She is just empty. I am surrounded by people who worship her. And they are addicted to all the other superficial forms of entertainment she mimics.

So what do you propose, censorship?

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 1:08 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I hope she gets mauled by wolves in the Alaskan wilderness.

:D And then attacked by vengeful turkeys.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2014, 2:51 pm

Raptor wrote:

So what do you propose, censorship?

I propose endless ridicule until no one takes her seriously.