Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

azaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2014, 9:44 pm

I know many people hate religions but I wanted to share how God has helped me with my autism. A year ago I began to have emotional breakdowns because I began to realize that I was different than most people. After extensive research and finding this forum, it became apparent that I was autistic. That lead me to feel a little better to know what was wrong with me, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for myself and inferior to everyone else. Depression pounded me in all aspects of my life that I quit my job and I stayed home feeling sorry for myself. Then I found Islam and found help in God. I was enlightened to guidance and I stopped feeling sorry for myself. It has been a year now and I have been feeling very happy lately. When my faith is down, I become depressed and I have to boost my faith. My faith is my pill for depression.
I want to share my coping strategy with everyone. I am 100% certain that Islam is the right religion of God and that the solution to all of our problems is in the Quran.

?Whoever works righteousness ? whether male or female ? while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter).?

[Quran al-Nahl 16:97]
This is a promise from God. I swear to you this has worked for me and it will work for you.

'And We send down of the Qur'an that which is healing and mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss." Quran

Allah (arabic for God) says that the Quran can heal the hearts of people. God didn't cure me of my autism but He cured my heart and removed my sadness from me.

I only want to share my way, which is different than most people but I think it's time for a change so take it or leave it :)

Last edited by azaam on 29 Aug 2014, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 10:16 pm

bless you :)

beady
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 10:55 pm

sounds like a sales pitch

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2014, 10:58 pm

followers of religions will proselytize, it's what they do. I hope he finds continued durable happiness :)

azaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Aug 2014, 1:21 am

That is your arrogance speaking. I am only conveying my way of coping with things and the results. I said you can take it or leave it. The atheists always have the highest level of arrogance and that will lead you to destruction.

kogwar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2014, 12:24 pm

While I am a firm Christian I have found god to be a amazing way to cope with ASD and I'm happy whenever I see someone else feel his love and hope that everyone can find it or something else that makes them that happy.

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 12:34 pm

Though raised in a very strict form of Methodist Christianity - but also because having in the past lived for a couple decades in the Middle East I have been exposed a great deal to Islam. I am not a religious person anymore and I doubt that I can ever again embrace any belief system. But clearly it works for many people. For some people religion causes confusion and frustration - for others peace and serenity. What is important psychologically speaking is that whatever one believes or does not believe - one can only be true to their own self. There are those who lie to themselves about believing things they really believe don't or doing the opposite and not believing things they really do believe. As long as one is honest with themselves about what they really believe or don't believe - they may find a good deal of peace.

- Albert Einstein

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 12:36 pm

I have come to terms with being an outlier.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 1:44 pm

(Thread moved from Autism discussion to PPR)

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 1:55 pm

I want to share my experience too.

I have found happiness by learning to adapt, embracing variation which is the cool part of nature.

I have never needed god.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Aug 2014, 1:56 pm

The well known Desiderata below is very useful to me. Among other things it says be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him (or her...) to be.
These truly inspirational words sure beat religious extremism and fundamentalism. I'm glad you have found peace. The problem is when certain extremists want to force their opinions and their laws on others, using violent means and their twisted thinking makes them think they're scoring brownie points with their god.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 2:01 pm

azaam wrote:
That is your arrogance speaking.

Islam promotes proselytizing, this is considered in the faith to be a good thing, so I fail to see what the issue is. I mean you have been doing it.

In fact Islam also don't like other religions doing it, especially in Muslim lands. Even people of the book, doing it to Muslims would not be tolerated.

Pot is call the kettle black, if you don't want to be judged then don't judge others. Otherwise get used to it.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 5:56 pm

My abandoning of religions and silly fairy tales has helped my life and autism. I'm not saying this to be obnoxious. It really has helped me immensely to throw it all away. To each their own I suppose.

MJPIndy
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Aug 2014, 6:23 pm

azaam wrote:
I am 100% certain that Islam is the right religion of God and that the solution to all of our problems is in the Quran.

beady wrote:
sounds like a sales pitch

azaam wrote:
That is your arrogance speaking. I am only conveying my way of coping with things and the results. I said you can take it or leave it. The atheists always have the highest level of arrogance and that will lead you to destruction.

You (azaam) would do well to honestly reflect upon this and any similar exchanges you've had with other people. What do you think your behavior here suggests about your religious opinions and your attitude toward people who don't share those opinions? If your opinions, attitudes, and behavior reflect "the right religion of God", then what do you think that implies about the God in which you believe?

Note especially:

1. You're unequivocally professing absolute certainty in something that billions of people - many of whom are exceptionally honest, informed, intelligent, and sensitive - do not believe; and in terms of offering rational reasons for this belief, you're making an effort that is less than minimal - you seem barely concerned with this, content instead to offer vague, flimsy, anecdotal evidence ("I believe this, and it helps me").

2. You're making vicious, sweeping generalizations about a large number of people (atheists) who hold a perspective opposed to yours.

3. You're speaking in a way that, while not perfectly clear, nevertheless could easily be interpreted as indicating a favorable attitude toward the destruction of those people (atheists).

Now is all this actually commendable from the standpoint of the God in which you believe? And would a person's utter revulsion toward the concept of such a God be a sign of arrogance?