Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

08 Jun 2015, 10:44 am

This pronoun game is pretty confusing, its hard not to refer the person as who they were when they gained their notoriety whatever that may be with Bruce Jenner and Bradley Manning being two big examples of this. I'll respect their current wishes but in the past tense it's harder. On the two specifically, not that I have any reason to doubt their sincerity but I think there might be this notion of them being mentally tramautized after years psychological torture in military prison/the Kardashian household so I do wonder how good it is to have them out front as far as trans public figures.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 4:52 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Bruce is not the reason her stepdaughters are famous. Robert Kardashian Senior gained fame from his association with the OJ Simpson trial, and Kim catapulted her relatives to "fame" (or back to fame, in Bruce's case) when a video of her having sex with Snoop Dogg's cousin became public. A year ago, Bruce was significantly less famous than even her daughters, let alone Kim, who I repeat is married to Kanye West.

They signed an $80m deal to be recorded for three years. They're now legitimately famous. They don't need to subject their (step-)father to the sort of horrible bullying that would persuade him to go through with this sort of procedure if he didn't have gender dysphoria. They could ride out the proximity to Kanye for the next decade.

No Kardashian is more famous than Bruce Jenner, not now or ever. To even imply that a nobody is more famous than an Olympic medal winner is plain ludicrous. I'll admit I'm not up on who kicked off their fame :P . So it was O.J. Simpson's fault that we all know them and not Bruce's. Either way their fame didn't come by their own doing but by association to an already famous person. Bruce is a major family member and isn't a backseat passenger as you seem to be implying. :shameonyou:

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 5:06 pm

I don't understand why you have to scrutanize the legitamicy of Jenner's identity. You might not agree with how she came out, you might think she's an attention whore and you might not like how she is implicitly making the trans community look. But using male pronouns when she clearly now uses them?

Grow up, come on.