I don't care about rights or the constitution.

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

LoneSword7878
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 22 May 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 55

16 Nov 2014, 5:23 pm

Call me childish, naive, idiotic, or even blasphemous but I do give two cares about the concepts of my rights or the U.S. constitution. As far as I am concerned, none of these have any sort of influence in my life as an individual human being. The way I see it all, the world was made for me and I was made for the world.

With these things hanging over my head, I feel that my decisions are not because I personally say so. I want everything I do in my life to be because I said so, not because something or someone else says I can. That only shows me that my life is not under my own private control within my own rules, but within someone else?s. I want to live and be free by my own standards and not have to conflict with someone else?s within the realm of civics and politics. This ?freedom? of this and freedom of that that I've been told about every single day since school that so many exploit for their agendas is all fake to me.

For instance, let us all cut the nonsense that freedom of speech literally gives you the right to say, shout, and yell whatever you feel like. That is not what it means, what it means is that the constitution prevents the government and other legal forces from taking action. The government may not be able to step in, but the public can. So the next time, for example, some a-hole equates being sexually curious with sin or bestiality, or if they seek to deny me my ability to maybe marry and raise a family with another man that I may legitimately fall in love with, I am taking a stand for myself against that person.

Is that really wrong, because I am individual born with the ability to think, feel, learn, and act for himself, and I do what I do not because I have the right as a citizen, but because I have the ability as a human being.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... Ia47mwBTeg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWiBt-pqp0E[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FxRvVISMM&list=UUxKedKIgkt1XZN2nq3aYmlA[/youtube]

Here are a list of things that I either do not care about, would be happier without, or think are overrated.

The constitution and the bill of rights.
Rights in general.
Free speech.
God and religion.
This country.
The president.
The media.
Politics.
The left and the right.
Guns.
Healthcare.
The war.
The economy.
Liberalism.
Conservatism.
Democracy.
Republicanism.
Libertarianism.
Morality.
Certain laws.
Freedom and equality since they're just code-words.
Gender and sexuality.

Yeah, it's a long list.



andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,254
Location: Sol System

16 Nov 2014, 5:50 pm

How exactly is healthcare overrated?

I really do not get that, since one time or another we need to go to the doctors.



0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,038
Location: London

16 Nov 2014, 7:15 pm

It doesn't matter if you care or not, you are not going to single handily take on a nation or government.

Kind of a stupid argument. The reason why you are here saying this is the history behind those rights.

It is also doesn't make much sense that you resent rights, becuase it tells you what you can do. This isn't how rights work, rights are a guarantee not an order. Legislation tells you where the limits are.

You don't care about liberty, except apparently when it applies to you. In other words a Libertarian in name only (LINO). Though you don't care about that either.

Good for you. Next.



luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 754
Location: Last booth, Akston's Diner

16 Nov 2014, 9:13 pm

So you want to be a slave. Get in line, there's a lot of that here.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Nov 2014, 10:13 pm

I'm not sure what you're advocating here



Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,033

16 Nov 2014, 10:19 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I'm not sure what you're advocating here


He's not advocating anything because apparently he doesn't care about much of anything. It also appears that he could care less about the rights that other people are afforded. Sounds like the perfect philosophy until it comes into contact with the real world.


_________________
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.
Nahj ul-Balāgha by Ali bin Abu-Talib


MorganFTL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 15 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 41

16 Nov 2014, 11:02 pm

Lukecash12 wrote:
Sounds like the perfect philosophy until it comes into contact with the real world.


Indeed he doesn't seem to understand how the world works and how hostile it really is.. the rights and constitution he's railing against he doesn't even understand is what's protecting him not limiting him.. those documents don't say what you can do they state what the government is not allowed to take away. They would in a heartbeat if they could because the only thing a "leader" loves more than power is increasing that power at any cost.


_________________
I run a Youtube gaming channel to raise money for charity at http://www.youtube.com/user/MorganFTL


seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,243

17 Nov 2014, 3:26 am

LoneSword7878 wrote:
With these things hanging over my head, I feel that my decisions are not because I personally say so. I want everything I do in my life to be because I said so, not because something or someone else says I can. That only shows me that my life is not under my own private control within my own rules, but within someone else?s. I want to live and be free by my own standards and not have to conflict with someone else?s within the realm of civics and politics.


LoneSword7878 wrote:
Freedom and equality since they're just code-words.


These two quotes confuse me. First you say that you want to be in control of your own life. You want to live and be free by your own standards and not have to conflict with someone else's within the realm of civics and politics. This could mean that you want freedom and you don't want to be controlled by others. It could also mean that you don't want other people to have freedom because as long as they don't have freedom they can't oppose you.

Then you say that either "freedom is overrated", "you'd be happier without freedom", or "you don't care about freedom". If you want freedom from others so badly or you oppose freedom so much how do you not care about freedom? That you'd be happier without freedom doesn't make sense if you want to be free from others but it does make sense (kind of) if you are opposed to other people having freedom. You think people (excluding yourself) should be controlled by others so freedom (especially other peoples' freedom) is something you'd be happier without. "Freedom is overrated" makes perfect sense if you are opposed to other peoples' freedoms. It doesn't make any sense at all if you desire freedom from others cause why would you want it when it's overrated?

That's how you sound anyway. The way you've worded things makes you sound like an as*hole. a It might not be what you mean it's just how you sound. What do you actually mean?



LoneSword7878
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 22 May 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 55

17 Nov 2014, 4:58 pm

Did anyone bother to read that article and watch those two videos? To answer some people's questions, I do not care about many of the things that are being debated right now like healthcare, guns, or religion. I am also tired of everyone telling me over and over how sacred the constitution and my rights are. In fact, the more I hear how sacred they supposedly are, the more I want to destroy them. I also am not obligated to meet anybody's expectations except my own. Like I said, go ahead and call me an a-hole if you want, but for goodness sake, read the whole thing and think it over before you comment.

The only thing I care about as an individual human being is living my life to the fullest.

My freedom is not measured by anything that is written by other people because it is something that I was born with.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Nov 2014, 5:09 pm

You don't make much sense, so you don't care about rights and the constitution which exists to protect those rights then say you are born with inalienable natural rights which the US constitution is based on. The constitution is not a granting of rights by some feudal lord, even if that's what some extremists want it to mean.



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

17 Nov 2014, 5:28 pm

LoneSword7878 wrote:
...

My freedom is not measured by anything that is written by other people because it is something that I was born with.

Not really. Try being free in North Korea.



0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,038
Location: London

17 Nov 2014, 5:44 pm

LoneSword7878 wrote:
Did anyone bother to read that article and watch those two videos? To answer some people's questions, I do not care about many of the things that are being debated right now like healthcare, guns, or religion. I am also tired of everyone telling me over and over how sacred the constitution and my rights are. In fact, the more I hear how sacred they supposedly are, the more I want to destroy them. I also am not obligated to meet anybody's expectations except my own. Like I said, go ahead and call me an a-hole if you want, but for goodness sake, read the whole thing and think it over before you comment.

The only thing I care about as an individual human being is living my life to the fullest.

My freedom is not measured by anything that is written by other people because it is something that I was born with.


Why should we care about you then?

Ring..Ring..."Mum I got myself in a pickle, can you bail me?"



0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,038
Location: London

17 Nov 2014, 5:46 pm

BTW nobody thinks you are an a-hole, or anything that strong. They don't think your point is that profound.



seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,243

17 Nov 2014, 5:56 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
BTW nobody thinks you are an a-hole, or anything that strong. They don't think your point is that profound.


Actually I said that what he wrote gives me the impression that he is an a-hole.



LoneSword7878
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 22 May 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 55

17 Nov 2014, 10:11 pm

Rights are created as arbitrary social constructs for the purpose of controlling one another. If you want rights that badly, look within yourself. If you want true freedom, it's solely what you want for yourself individually and nothing more. If you have to rely on rights as social constructs that people can give and take at any moment in time instead of what is of your personal desires, you are not a man.

Rights were made to mean everything in one opportune moment and nothing in the next, like toys, for me. I see people invoke and play with rights like they're toys, waving them about and then later getting bored and tossing them aside. They have been called up over and over and over again until they eventually lost their purposes like semantic satiation.

There is no right to this or that and there is certainly no right to free speech or a weapon or anything else listed in the so-called "Bill of Rights." If different countries can have a different number of rights listed in their constitutions, then what is the point of having them around in the first place? The answer is power, power for the government and other oppressive forces like the majority to control what other people can and cannot do.

Also, to answer another question, freedom and equality are things that can only be personally obtained. If it is achieved collectively, you have nothing except conformity.



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

17 Nov 2014, 10:18 pm

How macho. Clearly you know nothing about history, or rights, or what it took to get them. It's sad really.