Page 2 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 7:20 pm

Hawwaiins believe that their volcanoes are gods but Geologists esspecially volcanologists have proven they are merely active volcanoes acting accordingly due to geologic activity over a hot spot.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 17 Nov 2014, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 7:21 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
andrethemoogle wrote:
Otaku, you realize you can be a Christian (Catholic in my case) and still believe in evolution, right?

I see no contradictions in believing in both. I believe how old the earth is and how old the universe is, same with the dinosaurs existing millions of years before man.
You obviously havent attended the many churches I have attended in the past and they all say that evolution is a lie and that the Earth is only 6-10000 years old and that man lived with dinosaurs and the caniverous dinosaurs ate plants until the forbidden fruit was eaten and use the whole carbon dating argument which is easily debunkable when carbon dating isn't used to date the age of fossils or rock. They simply go by if its not in the bible its not true and totally false.

Pope Francis pretty much said that evolution happened (it was heavily worded that way from what I took from it) and Saint John Paul II was mostly in the same boat as well.

The thing is, the Bible doesn't state specific dates.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 7:32 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
You obviously havent attended the many churches I have attended in the past and they all say that evolution is a lie and that the Earth is only 6-10000 years old and that man lived with dinosaurs and the caniverous dinosaurs ate plants until the forbidden fruit was eaten and use the whole carbon dating argument which is easily debunkable when carbon dating isn't used to date the age of fossils or rock. They simply go by if its not in the bible its not true and totally false.

Literalist nutjob Protestant churches aren't representative of the entirety of Christianity. They're not even representative of Protestant Christianity as a whole.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 7:44 pm

The "you can't disprove God arguments are stupid". You also can't disprove flying spaghetti monsters, tooth fairies, sentient cookies, unicorns and self aware car tires. Yet you don't believe in those.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 7:52 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
AspE wrote:
A higher being could be just an animal that's smarter than people, and I'm pretty sure those exist somewhere.

This wouldn't fit most people's definition of a deity. Deifying an object doesn't count either, since the deified object will still lack "god-like" qualities.
Additionally, if you can name an animal with greater reasoning and intellectual capabilities than man, please do. Neither bottle-nose dolphins, bonobos nor chimpanzees qualify.

Name an animal that overall has become functionally disabled by culture;

An animal were one-third of the juveniles are pre type two diabetic;

An animal so functionally disabled by culture, that it no longer has social roles for its young adults, overall, per 50% of even college age graduating students that cannot find subsistence on their own, and rely on the nest still for survival after 2 decades of life.

An animal so out of touch with physical and emotional intelligence that work together through movement AND FEELINGS, that close to 50 percent of the general population of that animal is on pain killers for animal suffering, as well as other chemical additives like anti-depressants escalating both in children and adults who live a life of animal suffering rather than simple animal homeostasis.

And that's just the tip of the ice-berg as even an animal like me at age 54 who has increased emotional, physical and existential intelligence by way of instinct and intuition, which has little to nothing to do with standard measures of IQ, that yes, I excel in graduating at the top of my class at number 11 out of a class of 381 in high school, and cruising through college with three degrees.

The thing is, my emotional and physical intelligence was for all practical intents and purposes ret*d, which means eventually animal suffering would be the result OF an animal out of touch with mind and body balance in both physical and emotional intelligence.

The thing is I have dance walked over 2600 miles now approaching 15 months, lift 810 LBS in leg press, now, and have a record of 33 weeks of rave dance with numerous gorgeous girls dancing with me in photographic evidence on my blogs, in one of the top 100 dance clubs in America.

I was a dork and a nerd before, words that describe a person who is emotionally and physically ret*d well.

But even at age 54, I changed that conclusively where people call me a legend of dance in my metro area.

The thing is again, I was almost a complete shut-in for 5 years, with 19 medically documented disorders, including the worst pain known to mankind, type two trigeminal neuralgia, all as a result of retardation in emotional and physical intelligence, as I couldn't stand the heat of stress, with a body and emotions out of balance.

I looked within and found what is real intelligence FOR REAL LIFE, NOT AN ILLUSION OF CULTURE, FOUND IT AND I AM NO LONGER
ret*d IN the most important intelligences that I do share with the Bonobo and the Porpoise much greater than before, although I would be rather brash to suggest that I am smarter than those 'folks' as I've only truly been practicing this most important of two intelligences per emotional and physical intelligence for a little over a year, also recognized now as a Kung FU expert without a lesson, by real experts that train folks in the military special forces.

Yeah, if I lived 2000 years ago, and could do what I do now, per the other folks in the herd that are all repressed and oppressed with their emotional, physical (yes, including sexual intelligence), I would probably be recognized as someone 'special' too.

But what I am is just another human like our so-called primitive prehistoric ancestors per the REAL FALL OF HUMAN BEINGS INTO CULTURAL INDUCED HELL.

AND YES, I can see hell in the eyes of people who experience IT as I've been there and done IT.

Now I live in literal human heaven as a relative super-human per Frederick Nietzsche?s ideal of the overman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche

YES, as I have set myself free from the illusions of the functionally disabled in culture and am fearless too, with no illusory fears.

And yes, I have conclusive proof of all my claims here per what can happen when a human un-domesticates the REAL INTELLIGENCE of human being in intuition, instinct, and the most important animal intelligences for survival that are emotional and physical intelligence.

Yes, even at age 54, where some young folks think life's all over. Well it's not and fuller than ever for those who find real intelligence in life, for human bliss, something my cat experiences freely hugging the grass and rolling around in the sand.

And yes, my cat was incredibly more intelligent than me, during those five years, in EVERY WAY THAT WAS REAL no matter how high my frigging standard IQ was. There are many illusions in culture, but this is perhaps the greatest, THAT humans are smarter than other animals.

Ha-Ha, that's bullsh** in REAL LIFE WHEN THE SH** REALLY HITS THE FAN, and a human being finds that they were sucking on the teat of culture and technology all of life, with nothing much REAL IN ANIMAL LIFE THAT OTHER ANIMALS FREELY ENJOY as much smarter than human beings, OVERALL who ARE FUNCTIONALLY DISABLED BY CULTURE.

AND HELL YES, these intelligences are just programmed in our genetics by the REAL GOD OF ALL THAT IS AKA MOTHER NATURE TRUE, YES, AKA GOD TOO.

Accessing them is accessing the power of GOD that potentially all of US share THAT FIND IT WITHIN through instinct and intuition also known as talking to GOD.

Along with the tapestry of life that one finds in synchronicity where one finds their way back to GOD, escaping cultural illusions.

And hell yes, this is the same stuff all great philosophers are talking about including Jesus and Buddha, but they don't have all these words to describe IT every which way GOD lives IN US FOR SURE, WHEN WE DO FIND GOD IN US FOR SURE THROUGH INSTINCT, INTUITION AND CO-CREATING IN the greatest instinct and intuition of human being in CREATIVITY, AS HUMAN like other animals becomes GOD's partner in ACTION IN JUST DOING LIFE, INSTEAD OF BEING A RELATIVE SPECTATOR, VIEWING IT FROM THE SIDELINES OF CULTURAL ILLUSION.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Last edited by aghogday on 17 Nov 2014, 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 8:13 pm

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 8:52 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
Otaku, you realize you can be a Christian (Catholic in my case) and still believe in evolution, right?

I see no contradictions in believing in both. I believe how old the earth is and how old the universe is, same with the dinosaurs existing millions of years before man.
Thats where the contradiction comes in in the beginning there was darkness so god said let there be light and it was good, the he created the stars and the earth, ok lets rewind and see the flaw here how can there be light before he created stars? And when I do mention an old earth at any church in this country they say thats blasphemy and the devils teaching.

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 17 Nov 2014, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 8:58 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyBu9TV4z5M[/youtube] :D *smiles* Religion is a thing of the past.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 9:00 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FiHRVb_uE0[/youtube]A lovely documentary on the god dillusion as opposed to the age of reasoning.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 9:07 pm

aghogday wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
AspE wrote:
A higher being could be just an animal that's smarter than people, and I'm pretty sure those exist somewhere.

This wouldn't fit most people's definition of a deity. Deifying an object doesn't count either, since the deified object will still lack "god-like" qualities.
Additionally, if you can name an animal with greater reasoning and intellectual capabilities than man, please do. Neither bottle-nose dolphins, bonobos nor chimpanzees qualify.

<tl;dr>

I see.
I'm not sure you needed to quote me since you weren't really responding to my points directly. :?

Cash__ wrote:
The "you can't disprove God arguments are stupid". You also can't disprove flying spaghetti monsters, tooth fairies, sentient cookies, unicorns and self aware car tires. Yet you don't believe in those.

No one is saying 'you can't disprove god; therefore god exists'. Most of us are saying 'you can't disprove god; therefore we'll settle for accepting the lack of evidence for god as enough to support non-belief in god'.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Nov 2014, 9:55 pm

Fascinating... two pages on and not a shred of evidence has been cited thus far, yet AspieOtaku has again resorted to trolling and stirring the hornet's nest in a desperate (and yet again, failed) attempt to make me look bad. Yet even with this, no one has cited this science of which he speaks, but quite the opposite: it seems the general consesus is that science inherently CANNOT prove a higher being doesn't exist. Say what you will AspieOtaku, but frankly it must be nice to live in a fairy tale land where you can reason your way into a corner and still be delusional enough to believe you have the whole room. Propoganda/images/videos aside, your arguments have no merit. And since you seem to be looking for a reaction, I'll leave it at this:

Draw your own conclusions from the two threads at hand. I'm not wasting my time answering to every whim and hypothesis, but once someone has posted, you know, actual evidence, then I'll chime in again. Until then, no point responding to hypotheticals.

Hilariously, I legitimately thought someone could come up with something, anything, but I wasn't expecting a total reversal of opinions. Seems the tide has turned.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 10:35 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
aghogday wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
AspE wrote:

<tl;dr>

I see.
I'm not sure you needed to quote me since you weren't really responding to my points directly. :?

Well actually since you say it was too long and you didn't read it this sounds at least a little intellectually dishonest to me.

And true, I do know, overall, we live in a Twitter world and focus and reading deeper thoughts is more a reflection of earlier generations, like mine.

You specifically stated that humans have greater reasoning and intellectual capabilities, than the Bonobo and Bottle Nose Dolphin and I simply proved your statement incorrect per examples from modern human culture that nullify human reason and intelligence as any intelligence greater than Bonobos and Porpoises in true effect and AFFECT OF ANIMAL HOMEOSTASIS SUCCESS AS RELATIVELY COMPARED TO EVIDENCE THAT SHOWS JUST HOW HIGH THE LEVELS OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND IMBALANCE PER EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL INTELLIGENCE IS IN REAL LIFE.

While twitter comments go on and on, into not much of anything of deep value to true human success in life, in just having a good life, instead of widespread human suffering that is evidenced today, in our modern culture.

And I respond to opinions not people, for the reading audience, overall, which goes well beyond by hundreds the folks actually posting here, and not folks that may not be able to wade through the words I write, obviously as such.

So in other words suit yourself with whatever you may; that matters not to me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 12:05 am

aghogday wrote:
Well actually since you say it was too long and you didn't read it this sounds at least a little intellectually dishonest to me.

To be honest I did read it all, it was just largely irrelevant.

aghogday wrote:
You specifically stated that humans have greater reasoning and intellectual capabilities, than the Bonobo and Bottle Nose Dolphin and I simply proved your statement incorrect per examples from modern human culture that nullify human reason and intelligence as any intelligence greater than Bonobos and Porpoises in true effect and AFFECT OF ANIMAL HOMEOSTASIS SUCCESS AS RELATIVELY COMPARED TO EVIDENCE THAT SHOWS JUST HOW HIGH THE LEVELS OF HUMAN SUFFERING AND IMBALANCE PER EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL INTELLIGENCE IS IN REAL LIFE.

Your examples were proof that humans behave irrationally and touched on some social concerns. They didn't in any way prove that bonobos or dolphins possess greater problem solving capabilities or superior reasoning abilities compared to humans. Being "more in touch with the world around you" =/= superior reasoning abilities.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 5:35 am

Shep wrote:
Hilariously, I legitimately thought someone could come up with something, anything, but I wasn't expecting a total reversal of opinions. Seems the tide has turned.

I think almost all atheists know they can't disprove God/Gods, and they don't try. As said before in this thread, most people lack belief in X until evidence for X is presented. I'm fairly confident elves and orcs don't exist, but I can't definatively prove there are no elves or orcs hiding out in a forest somewhere.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 6:03 am

Quote:
What "science" disproves higher beings?

the notion of "higher" is purely subjective and has no basis in reality. just like "up" and "down" and "right" and "wrong" and "good" and "bad" etc.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2014, 7:11 am

funeralxempire wrote:
aghogday wrote:

To be honest I did read it all, it was just largely irrelevant.

aghogday wrote:

Your examples were proof that humans behave irrationally and touchedtjat on some social concerns. They didn't in any way prove that bonobos or dolphins possess greater problem solving capabilities or superior reasoning abilities compared to humans. Being "more in touch with the world around you" =/= superior reasoning abilities.

Hmm, you just stated my examples are proof that humans behave irrational and yes they have a long HISTORY of doing that. Bonobos and bottle nose dolphins do not. I am talking about reality not potential. And simply put any animal not in touch with the world around them lives in illusion which is far away from rationality as it gets.

But anyway I do appreciate your honesty and I am not here to make the comfortable undisturbed. ;)