Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2014, 2:22 pm

If you put "god" together with "dragon," you get shenlong!

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 4:09 pm

If you click on THIS LINK HERE you will see lots of pictures of the ancient Cambodian temple with its carvings of animals those ancient people were familiar with, including the Stegosaurus.

A creature the high priests of evolution insist we believe disappeared countless eons before the first man.
This is just one example of the very many depictions and legends from otherwise isolated cultures.
I wonder what these people would have called these that we now call dinosaurs?
Maybe George really did kill a dragon and that's why his story was believed to the extent the legend survived today.

Think about it, if I invented a story that I slayed a giant tooth fairy, would it seem logical that everyone would believe me and make me a Saint, passing down the tale for future generations?
I doubt that Humans have ever been that gullible.

I wish I could refind the interesting old English newspaper articles from a few hundred years ago, a very interesting window on the lives of our not too distant ancestors.

I was particularly interested in the news reports of a local "Dragon" that had to be killed as it was making a nuisance of itself by digging up freshly buried corpses in the local graveyard.

You see its not just a case of blindingly believing some thing because I want too, because its in the Bible, secular sources contain many anomalies that have to be hidden or ignored because it doesn't fit evolutionists own dogma that they pursue with religious fervour that echos the persecution claimed christians would mete out to anyone who would demonstrate some of their cherished notions were in error.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 4:56 pm

First you have to define what a dragon is. Depending on the definition one could fit a lot of things into it or nothing.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2014, 5:29 pm

Nambo wrote:
If you click on THIS LINK HERE you will see lots of pictures of the ancient Cambodian temple with its carvings of animals those ancient people were familiar with, including the Stegosaurus.
And we have similar images, only they are more accurate and have more detail. Also, those "plates" look to be part of a background.

Quote:
Maybe George really did kill a dragon and that's why his story was believed to the extent the legend survived today.
We have plenty of large reptiles in the world. Why do you need one with fairy wings on it?

Besides, a gang of otters you got on the bad side of is more dangerous than a large reptile.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 11:40 pm

I believe dragons are real, pretty angelic beings and they are definitely not dinosaurs or gators.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 11:08 am

Who woulda thought that a group of cute furry squeaky toys could fend off a jurassic monster?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 12:02 pm

Supposedly a dragon fossil found in China:

I figure it is almost surely either fake or intentionally misinterpreted.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2014, 1:04 pm

AntDog wrote:
I believe dragons are real, pretty angelic beings and they are definitely not dinosaurs or gators.
Ah, you mean the tianlong.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 10:23 pm

eric76 wrote:

More like a "carcass" than a fossil. Its still got a lot of soft tissue on its bones. Maybe its recent roadkill! :D

I chalk it up to habitat reduction.
The more humans encroach-the more lethal (to both species) encounters there are gonna be between them and humans. Tsk tsk.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 11:21 pm

Does not look like a fossil at all. And if it was a fossil, why did they dump it on the ground in between the other trash in the room?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 11:34 pm

That's probably a backstage storeroom of a theater. And that's probably a recently used prop from a play. Or maybe its a special effects storeroom in Hollywood.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 12:13 am

Yeah, looks like a prop.

chessboxer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2014, 4:18 pm

Komodo dragons are real!

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

05 Dec 2014, 3:14 pm

eric76 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FIDeOOL52Q

If you're not inclined to watch the whole thing (although I suggest you do so because it's kind of cool), the relevant part is at 23:50.

I am awesome.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm

Yes dragons are real...

...in your imagination.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2014, 11:56 pm

Persimmonpudding wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FIDeOOL52Q

If you're not inclined to watch the whole thing (although I suggest you do so because it's kind of cool), the relevant part is at 23:50.

I used to believe that show, back when I used to believe in evolution my belief in Dragons was they still existed in isolation and evolved. Today my belief in Dragons is based on them being among the highest sort of angelic beings.