Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated t

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 2:24 pm

Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?

We must save our children from foolish belief in the supernatural.

Education is the only tool that we have to drag ourselves and our children out of ignorance and superstition and that education should include that it is foolish to read myth literally. No more Dark Ages should be allowed.

Comparative Religion should be taught to insure that no child is lost to creationist intellectual dissonance. We must expose our children to Comparative Religion as soon as they can understand Evolution which would be taught alongside of it.

To do less would be shirking our duty to our children and their young minds. If you do not supports this type of all-inclusive education, please show why you oppose it?

Remember that when President Bush backed up stem cell research, it gave other countries a chance to advance away from the U.S. and hurt the U.S economy.

If the U.S. fails to educate it’s children properly in Comparative Religion and Evolution --- and the various sciences that stem from it, --- the U.S. will shrink it’s economy and power as compared to those countries who have a fuller and more intelligent education program.

Do you agree that it is the duty of the U.S. education system to maintain a first world standard of education in the teaching of Creationism, Comparative Religion and Evolution, --- and catch up to more intelligent countries?

Regards
DL

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 2:38 pm

Amazingly school below the post-secondary level teaches little to nothing about what it means to be human per Philosophy 101.

The emotional intelligence of human being as well as physical intelligence per philosophy of physical intelligence is sorely lacking.

The result of that is clear to see, in one third of all school age children who are pre-diabetic type two diabetes, soaring rates of pain killers among adults approaching 50% of the population and anti-depressants increasingly used in childhood cases of depression of what was close to unseen in previous generations.

The last thing we need is more of the supernatural and THE FIRST THING WE NEED IS MORE ABOUT OUR HUMAN NATURE AND ALL OF IT, not just the mechanical cognition ways of consumer life.

I guess the schools think that peers and parents and such are responsible for that, but the FACT OF THE MATTER is the herd is ignorant now on what it even means to be HUMAN BEING, overall.

PERHAPS IT IS improving somewhere but from what I know about physical education only required to freshman level of high school, there are going to be more, than ever before, 'retarded' kids in physical intelligence, sensory integration/intelligence, and emotional intelligence as the Cerebellum controls the regulation of all three, and yes more sick kids and adults too, that we all will pay healthcare for eventually, in the United States.

Not sure what it is like where you live Gnostic Bishop and hope it is better.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Dec 2014, 3:41 pm

Why would you teach Creationism if you don't want children believing in the supernatural? :?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 4:02 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism?
NO!

GnosticBishop wrote:
We must save our children from foolish belief in the supernatural. Education is the only tool that we have to drag ourselves and our children out of ignorance and superstition and that education should include that it is foolish to read myth literally. No more Dark Ages should be allowed.
Now you're making sense!

GnosticBishop wrote:
Comparative Religion should be taught to insure that no child is lost to creationist intellectual dissonance. We must expose our children to Comparative Religion as soon as they can understand Evolution which would be taught alongside of it.

Now you're not making any sense at all!

A mind is not freed from "ignorance and superstition" by filling it with religious nonsense. Only by teaching people to perform their own empirical observations and think critically can ignorance and superstition be abolished. Only in this way can our civilization be truly brought out of the superstition-laden Dark Ages.

Furthermore, by forcing schools to to teach religion, you would be taking time, money and resources away from teaching valuable and practical knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths.

The Science of Evolution can and is taught most effectively in the absence of religious dogma, which is best left to religious institutions and not in public schools.

“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Dec 2014, 5:12 pm

By "comparative religion", do you mean teaching children about the variation in religions so they become critical of them all?

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 5:21 pm

Your post is also confusing me. You say you want kids to realize that creationism isn't real, then you say it should be taught. Are you saying it should be taught as wrong and critically torn apart in school courses?

As much as I don't like creationism, I don't think that is the schools job to do. If we were to teach/correct every ridiculous thought held by people in school, we'd have no time left to teach actual subjects.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 7:43 pm

aghogday wrote:
Amazingly school below the post-secondary level teaches little to nothing about what it means to be human per Philosophy 101.

The emotional intelligence of human being as well as physical intelligence per philosophy of physical intelligence is sorely lacking.

The result of that is clear to see, in one third of all school age children who are pre-diabetic type two diabetes, soaring rates of pain killers among adults approaching 50% of the population and anti-depressants increasingly used in childhood cases of depression of what was close to unseen in previous generations.

The last thing we need is more of the supernatural and THE FIRST THING WE NEED IS MORE ABOUT OUR HUMAN NATURE AND ALL OF IT, not just the mechanical cognition ways of consumer life.

I guess the schools think that peers and parents and such are responsible for that, but the FACT OF THE MATTER is the herd is ignorant now on what it even means to be HUMAN BEING, overall.

PERHAPS IT IS improving somewhere but from what I know about physical education only required to freshman level of high school, there are going to be more, than ever before, 'retarded' kids in physical intelligence, sensory integration/intelligence, and emotional intelligence as the Cerebellum controls the regulation of all three, and yes more sick kids and adults too, that we all will pay healthcare for eventually, in the United States.

Not sure what it is like where you live Gnostic Bishop and hope it is better.

Not sure about the medical; part but our kids are about the same.

More religious education might actually help our kids learn better.

The secular adult world is better educated in religion than the religious world and that indicates a secular interest in religious studies. If secular parents want to know and teach themselves religious studies, it follows that they would not mind starting their secular interest in religion earlier for their children. They would vote for a more intelligent level of religious education. It would improve on what is being taught to religious children today.

It is also the duty of the secular world to insure that it's future members are not as deluded by superstitious belief as their parents. The tipping point of belief is fast approaching and duty says that we should facilitate change.

Is a good knowledge base a good defence against superstition? I would say yes and that would also help them be better thinkers and human.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 7:45 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Why would you teach Creationism if you don't want children believing in the supernatural? :?

Creationism beside Comparative religion and evolution would teach the children that there is no such thing as the supernatural. Education drives away gullibility and superstition.

Please read what I wrote above on secular intelligence.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 7:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
NO!

GnosticBishop wrote:
We must save our children from foolish belief in the supernatural. Education is the only tool that we have to drag ourselves and our children out of ignorance and superstition and that education should include that it is foolish to read myth literally. No more Dark Ages should be allowed.
Now you're making sense!

GnosticBishop wrote:

Now you're not making any sense at all!

A mind is not freed from "ignorance and superstition" by filling it with religious nonsense. Only by teaching people to perform their own empirical observations and think critically can ignorance and superstition be abolished. Only in this way can our civilization be truly brought out of the superstition-laden Dark Ages.

Furthermore, by forcing schools to to teach religion, you would be taking time, money and resources away from teaching valuable and practical knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths.

The Science of Evolution can and is taught most effectively in the absence of religious dogma, which is best left to religious institutions and not in public schools.

Those who presently teach about religion do not teach. They indoctrinate. We owe our children an alternative view that gives details but lets them do their own thinking which seem s to be what you want.

If you want them thinking your way then do not send them where they will learn in a poor way.

Society is going secular and our schooling must include religious studies so that they can fight less about religions as compared to what their stupid church educated parents are doing.

I put the following above but include it in case you missed it.

The secular adult world is better educated in religion than the religious world and that indicates a secular interest in religious studies. If secular parents want to know and teach themselves religious studies, it follows that they would not mind starting their secular interest in religion earlier for their children. They would vote for a more intelligent level of religious education. It would improve on what is being taught to religious children today.

It is also the duty of the secular world to insure that it's future members are not as deluded by superstitious belief as their parents. The tipping point of belief is fast approaching and duty says that we should facilitate change.

Is a good knowledge base a good defence against superstition?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 7:53 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
By "comparative religion", do you mean teaching children about the variation in religions so they become critical of them all?

Yes. I think that that would be the natural tendency. That or they would learn to tolerate other religions better than their fighting parents are doing.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 7:59 pm

Cash__ wrote:
Your post is also confusing me. You say you want kids to realize that creationism isn't real, then you say it should be taught. Are you saying it should be taught as wrong and critically torn apart in school courses?

As much as I don't like creationism, I don't think that is the schools job to do. If we were to teach/correct every ridiculous thought held by people in school, we'd have no time left to teach actual subjects.

It is that or let the kids get indoctrinated wholly by their mosques and churches.

IS and other literalist Abrahamic cults would just love that idea so I think the rest of us should hate it.

Regards
DL

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 8:14 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Cash__ wrote:

It is that or let the kids get indoctrinated wholly by their mosques and churches.

IS and other literalist Abrahamic cults would just love that idea so I think the rest of us should hate it.

Regards
DL

I have no problems if schools want to teach comparative religions. To truly understand what is going on in the world, you need to understand other countries cultures and part of what defines that culture is their religion. Put it in social studies and not in science.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 8:28 pm

So go ahead and teach "Comparative Religion"; just don't teach that any one religion is any more or less "true" or "righteous" or "moral" than any other.

Teach so that the Christian Crusades and the Inquisition are presented as direct comparisons to the Islamic beheadings and suicide bombings. Teach so that the Christian Witch Trials are presented in direct comparison to the Islamic Witch Trials, and the heinous methods of execution used by both. Teach so that the Christian harassment of non-believers is presented in direct comparison to the Islamic harassment of the "Infidels".

Teach so that every religion is presented for what they are: Human social contrivances made solely to control the masses and to suppress or exterminate anyone whose beliefs are heretical.

“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3.16, 1969)

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 8:35 pm

If you put all the different creation stories next to each other (the Abrahamic God, Odin and his brothers, the Vedas and so on) people will quickly see that all of them cannot be true at the same time. Maybe all of them are nonsense?
I think the most important thing is to get people interested in science. As a kid I was interested in early life and history, so I knew about the origin of humans before I heard the religious stories.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 9:42 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Education is the only tool that we have to drag ourselves and our children out of ignorance and superstition and that education should include that it is foolish to read myth literally. No more Dark Ages should be allowed.

Satanism is about putting one self ahead of others, so as a "Satanist" shouldn't you want religion to *be taught* so others are easier to manipulate ? If religion is mental enslavement, then isn't it easier to manipulate slaves than free thinkers ?

"GOD wants you to sleep with me tonight" (David Koresh)
"GOD wants you to donate all that you can afford" (Bakers)
"The devil got in me" (Jerry Falwell)