Flat Earth Society and Young Earth Creationists

Page 5 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 5:31 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
Oldavid need I remind you that your arguments on this website have been pulled apart at every turn by several posters. .Unlike you I have provided clear and concise evidence for the arguments I have put forward. All you do is throw up adjectives linking completely unsupported claims. Indeed if we had the most outstanding contributors from around the world to the fields of particle physics, biology, geology, chemistry, mathematics etc You would ignore their evidence, call them "deluded fools of a failed ideology" and claim you had won the debate by way of that statement. I will not get into further discourse with you as this seems to get threads locked and is an exercise in utter futility.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 6:43 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Any ideas on how to figure out the exact thickness of the planet without having to drill through it?
Ask a troglodyte would be the simplest.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm

I just did. They don't know how thick it is. Now what?

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 10:24 pm

Humanaut wrote:
I just did. They don't know how thick it is. Now what?

Well, I suppose we'll just have to take a tape measure, lean over the edge, and physically measure it.
(Can't technologically superior aliens use a tape measure?)

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 2:25 am

As you know, there are theories now considered possible by theoretical physicists that we live in an eleven dimensional universe. Which means there may be other sub-universes than the one we perceive running parallel to our own and they appear quite like the one we are familiar with so it's difficult to determine whether we wake up in the same sub-universe each morning. I am not positive, but it seems to me that certain buildings are not quite in the same place each day so I may be slipping back and forth between different sub-universes. Perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me so the whole idea seems doubtful but there is no way to check since the whole problem is one of personal memory. I wonder if anyone else has this problem.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 3:18 am

Sand wrote:
As you know, there are theories now considered possible by theoretical physicists that we live in an eleven dimensional universe.

Eleven spatial dimensions?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 3:28 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Ahh yes the Hollow Earth people just as dillusional. :lol: Silly dillusional conspiracy theorists? WTH is a Dero? lol

My dad had told me about the fiction surrounding the "Deros," which had been dreamed up by a paranoid schizophrenic scifi writer, and how droves of supposedly sane people believed it all to be true. I'm amazed anyone remembers that stuff today!

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 4:00 am

Sand wrote:
I am not positive, but it seems to me that certain buildings are not quite in the same place each day so I may be slipping back and forth between different sub-universes.

The strings could be out of tune, leading to an alteration of the natural frequency of the buildings. You can check the structures for vibrational irregularities with a tuning fork attached to a stethoscope.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 7:19 am

Sand wrote:
As you know, there are theories now considered possible by theoretical physicists that we live in an eleven dimensional universe. Which means there may be other sub-universes than the one we perceive running parallel to our own and they appear quite like the one we are familiar with so it's difficult to determine whether we wake up in the same sub-universe each morning. I am not positive, but it seems to me that certain buildings are not quite in the same place each day so I may be slipping back and forth between different sub-universes. Perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me so the whole idea seems doubtful but there is no way to check since the whole problem is one of personal memory. I wonder if anyone else has this problem.
Eleven Earths all with identical buildings in different places?

One flat, hollow Earth filled with technologically superior aliens seems more probable to me.
Humanaut wrote:
Sand wrote:
I am not positive, but it seems to me that certain buildings are not quite in the same place each day so I may be slipping back and forth between different sub-universes.

The strings could be out of tune, leading to an alteration of the natural frequency of the buildings. You can check the structures for vibrational irregularities with a tuning fork attached to a stethoscope.
The idea certainly comes with strings attached but, unfortunately, no tuning pegs.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 5:07 am

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 3:52 pm

Based on fantastic speculations, completely divorced from well known, easily demonstrable Natural Laws, the snake oil salesmen want you to believe that there are millions of flat, hollow Earths "out there" filled with technologically superior troglodytes spontaneously turning themselves into what they will be for no reason and by no possible mechanism.

Science is degraded into a nebulous pile of fantastic speculations.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 5:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Ahh yes the Hollow Earth people just as dillusional. :lol: Silly dillusional conspiracy theorists? WTH is a Dero? lol

My dad had told me about the fiction surrounding the "Deros," which had been dreamed up by a paranoid schizophrenic scifi writer, and how droves of supposedly sane people believed it all to be true. I'm amazed anyone remembers that stuff today!
From the way the Dero look they look like members of the Republican party!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 12:16 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

From the way the Dero look they look like members of the Republican party!

That very well may be so.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 6:21 am

Since gravity exerts a force towards the mass of the Earth then there must be something on the other side of the flat Earth where creatures would walk around upside down to us just as in a spherical Earth people on the other side are upside down. What could they be?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 7:57 am

Sand wrote:
Since gravity exerts a force towards the mass of the Earth then there must be something on the other side of the flat Earth where creatures would walk around upside down to us just as in a spherical Earth people on the other side are upside down. What could they be?

Some say gravity is caused by upward acceleration.