Flat Earth Society and Young Earth Creationists

Page 4 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 11:04 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
But you think that there ARE beings inside our hollow flat earth with advanced alien technology?

Yes. That is exactly what I believe.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 11:14 pm

Humanaut wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
But you think that there ARE beings inside our hollow flat earth with advanced alien technology?

OMG!

Are you ONE of them (the Troglodytes in question)?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 12:41 am

We are going to conquer the world.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 3:05 am

Humanaut wrote:
:lol:

Of course the Earth is flat! Everyone knows it because you can see the Sun come up over one edge every morning and see it go down over the other edge every evening!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 4:24 am

Oldavid wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
:lol:

Of course the Earth is flat! Everyone knows it because you can see the Sun come up over one edge every morning and see it go down over the other edge every evening!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

OMG!

Are you ONE of them (the Troglodytes in question)?

How can there be room for troglodytes inside a flat earth? How come they don't slip in a puddle of oil and fall out the bottom? Isn't it a bit awkward having the Sun shine upward on you as she goes round the bottom to start another trip across our sky? 8O I'm going to need a lot of help to get my head around all these profoundly deep insights.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 10:43 pm

Oldavid wrote:
How can there be room for troglodytes inside a flat earth?

How can it not be room for troglodytes inside a flat earth?

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 11:57 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
I have no problem with trees being thousands of years old, but that's still a long ways away from millions or billions. As I stated earlier, every piece of data has to be interpreted; fossils and stars don't come with dates stamped on them. There's only two ideologies to choose from when interpreting that data: either the supernatural is possible, or its not. Whichever you start with determines how you react to observable science.

And with statement you demonstrate the parlous state of your scientific literacy, which judging by this and previous posts you have made is practically non existent. The level of scientific literacy you display in this age where so much rigorous science is available to you in very understandable language is to my mind inexcusable. For pities sake the information you need to understand why the above statement is so wrong, is literally at your fingertips. The problem with all YEC's is that you guys are so determined that nothing can falsify genesis it does not matter what evidence is presented you will simply dismiss it out of hand. This alone I find baffling, but what I find as atrocious is the continued teaching of your beliefs to the young and ignorant, this I see as a form of intellectual/mental abuse.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 8:30 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Moviefan2k4 wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
I have no problem with trees being thousands of years old, but that's still a long ways away from millions or billions. As I stated earlier, every piece of data has to be interpreted; fossils and stars don't come with dates stamped on them. There's only two ideologies to choose from when interpreting that data: either the supernatural is possible, or its not. Whichever you start with determines how you react to observable science.

And with statement you demonstrate the parlous state of your scientific literacy, which judging by this and previous posts you have made is practically non existent. The level of scientific literacy you display in this age where so much rigorous science is available to you in very understandable language is to my mind inexcusable. For pities sake the information you need to understand why the above statement is so wrong, is literally at your fingertips. The problem with all YEC's is that you guys are so determined that nothing can falsify genesis it does not matter what evidence is presented you will simply dismiss it out of hand. This alone I find baffling, but what I find as atrocious is the continued teaching of your beliefs to the young and ignorant, this I see as a form of intellectual/mental abuse.
Mr flamin' Dent! I must give you credit for being a most persistent Snake Oil salesman. As with all charlatans flogging defective wares to an unsuspecting public you are very quick to claim the "poor me, I'm a victim of ad hominem" defence as if it were a perfect excuse for stuffing impressionable young minds with impossible nonsense.

Your ideology is no more a practical possibility than the Flat, Hollow Earth model. Is it any wonder that the only youth who have any "respect" for "science" are narcissistic types who can kid themselves that facts are whatever they want them to be and only because that's what they want them to be.

Your ideology doesn't even get a start in the circle of circular reasoning.

It is you lot who
Quote:
it does not matter what evidence is presented you will simply dismiss it out of hand.
because you have surreptitiously re-defined "science" to be whatever is convenient to your ideology and anything inconvenient to your ideology is simply dismissed as "religion". You have not, and cannot, produce any evidence that Materialism is even a remote possibility.

Go away, Artie. You could only convince your Mum and your Missus and children that you are knowledgeable and clever. (Other than the plethora of egotists that want to believe your ideology even if it is impossible nonsense.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 11:28 am

Quote:
How can there be room for troglodytes inside a flat earth? How come they don't slip in a puddle of oil and fall out the bottom? Isn't it a bit awkward having the Sun shine upward on you as she goes round the bottom to start another trip across our sky? I'm going to need a lot of help to get my head around all these profoundly deep insights.

Think of it as a crust stuffed pizza, but instead of the crust being packed full of cheese, it is packed full of troglodytes. Then the troglodytes also live within the air bubbles that form in the pizza dough.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 11:53 am

Humanaut wrote:
Oldavid wrote:
How can there be room for troglodytes inside a flat earth?

How can it not be room for troglodytes inside a flat earth?
Er, too small in the up and down dimension, perhaps?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 12:20 pm

It then follows that the crust must be thick enough since there is room for troglodytes inside.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 1:42 pm

What he's trying to say is that we live on a Sicilain style deep dish pizza shaped planet, and not on a Neopolitan thin crust planet.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 1:55 pm

Any ideas on how to figure out the exact thickness of the planet without having to drill through it?

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 4:58 pm

Oldavid need I remind you that your arguments on this website have been pulled apart at every turn by several posters. .Unlike you I have provided clear and concise evidence for the arguments I have put forward. All you do is throw up adjectives linking completely unsupported claims. Indeed if we had the most outstanding contributors from around the world to the fields of particle physics, biology, geology, chemistry, mathematics etc You would ignore their evidence, call them "deluded fools of a failed ideology" and claim you had won the debate by way of that statement. I will not get into further discourse with you as this seems to get threads locked and is an exercise in utter futility.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 5:31 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
Oldavid need I remind you that your arguments on this website have been pulled apart at every turn by several posters. .Unlike you I have provided clear and concise evidence for the arguments I have put forward. All you do is throw up adjectives linking completely unsupported claims. Indeed if we had the most outstanding contributors from around the world to the fields of particle physics, biology, geology, chemistry, mathematics etc You would ignore their evidence, call them "deluded fools of a failed ideology" and claim you had won the debate by way of that statement. I will not get into further discourse with you as this seems to get threads locked and is an exercise in utter futility.